Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment "Maid of Honor, Parts 1 & 2"

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll

27 26.21%
  • **** 1/2

26 25.24%

30 29.13%
  • *** 1/2

11 10.68%

4 3.88%
  • ** 1/2

4 3.88%

0 0%
  • * 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

1 0.97%
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Justice League "Maid of Honor, Parts 1 & 2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Cartoon Network will air the all new Justice League two-part episode "Maid of Honor" tonight at 10pm (ET). Check your local listings.

Episode #33 & 34 - Maid of Honor Part 1 & 2
    Original Airdate - October 18th 2003

After Wonder Woman befriends a jet-setting Kasnian princess, she finds herself enmeshed in a complex plot of intrigue and betrayal masterminded by the Justice League's old enemy, Vandal Savage.

Comments?

Wanna chat about it? Join the JL Maid of Honor chat room on AOL/AIM(AOL Instant Messanger)!

NOTE: Talkback will be opened after airing.
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

Nick K. is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good episode. The princess was hot, and i couldve swore i saw mayor hill of gotham at the night club when they flew out. Vox kicked butt, i loved his and dianas fight sequence! VAndal Savages origin explanation was so great for his character development! I loved Dianas line at the end about the dance, which i loved also! She knows batman is bruce wayne!!!

John6777 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright

It was an alright episode , not as good as last weeks. The CGI looks so out of place i hate when they use them. It just looks like they got lazy and just put them in for no reason. It was good seeing Batman and Diana. The Princess annoyed me so much i wanted her to die lol. The Animation was alright nothing spectacular. Flash kicked butt and he was only in a few scenes lol.

Squall is offline Calm Before The Storm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazing. Absoultely amazing!

Is there any doubt now that JL Season 2 is much, much, MUCH better than Season 1? (And I loved Season 1!) Timm & Co. deserve an Emmy for brilliant writing and choreography of action scenes. Booyah!

Four home runs in a row now! (Going back to JL "The Savage Time"). The hits just keep on coming!

I love the Kasnia connection (the made-up country that had plots in S:TAS "The Last Son of Krypton" and BB "Rebirth"), and the rail gun is an awesome idea for a weapon (I think I originally saw that idea in the video game "Wing Commander".)

I'm still in shock at how cool that episode was, I don't know what to say right now. Next Saturday can't come fast enough!

EDIT: Was I the only one that got this "James Bond movie" vibe from this episode? Vox definitely seemed like a James Bond-style villian, LOL... (I'm a big 007 fan too, so this isn't a bad thing at all!)
    Favorites! (1) Action: Transformers & G.I. Joe; Visionairies; The DCAU; Robotech, DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo & Trigun; TMNT, MOTU; and Avengers: EMH; (2) Comedy: The Simpsons & Futurama, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast & The Brak Show, Sealab 2021, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, ATHF, The Boondocks, The Venture Bros., and Archer

dtemplar is offline Old School Professor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maid of Honor

Role Call: Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter

Villian: Vandal Savage

Spotlight: Wonder Woman

Supporting Villians: Colonel Vox

Wonder Woman meets a princess who's a cross between Princess Stephanie and Paris Hilton, who's getting engaged to Vandal Savage, and Savage used her to become an evil tyrant, and tries to destroy the Eath with a space age rail gun.

My thoughts: 1. Its the first time we see Batman as Bruce Wayne (like last weeks episode seeing Superman in his Clark Kent identity). 2. Vandal's origin was too cool for words, even though he lived over 25,000 years. 3. It was a great episode.

Spoiler:
    Also in part 1, we see two heroes in one episode like we did with The Brave and the Bold. I like to see an episode were we can see Superman with another hero in part 1, maybe with Hawkgirl or Martian Manhunter.

Supremus is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK episode, nothing special. Part 1 with Bruce and Diana was by far the best aspect of this arc, but there wasn't enough of it. Part 2 was just a little bit all over the place, and not terribly interesting. Mostly because the idea of a rail-gun in space isn't something even James Bond would take too seriously, and it certainly shouldn't be a credible threat to a planet guarded by heroes such as Superman and GL

I do like the idea of pairing the JL members up in smaller teams like this, though, but the action-over-substance-approach is starting to get a bit boring. We had a whole season of mindless action last season, some more variation would be nice now.

creeper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Supremus
    OK episode, nothing special. Part 1 with Bruce and Diana was by far the best aspect of this arc, but there wasn't enough of it. Part 2 was just a little bit all over the place, and not terribly interesting. Mostly because the idea of a rail-gun in space isn't something even James Bond would take too seriously, and it certainly shouldn't be a credible threat to a planet guarded by heroes such as Superman and GL

I do like the idea of pairing the JL members up in smaller teams like this, though, but the action-over-substance-approach is starting to get a bit boring. We had a whole season of mindless action last season, some more variation would be nice now.
    Speaking of superman.......wouldn't a threat like a meteor prompt the man of steel to maybe stop them from hitting their targets? i mean...he's superman....you didn't even see him call the others to see if they needed help. I'm hoping he was on another planet or something, cause if he was on earth, what a waste

People commented on diana figuring out about Batman's identity. But i think it was his reaction to it that was the most priceless. He didn't even flinch.
    I miss the good ol' days. Toon zone used to be really fun.

Nick K. is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought Bruce Wayne looked a little like Dick Grayson in the New Batman design. Also, Flash keeps getting better every week. He was freakin great when he took the dudes out, and thank god gl got him, i was actually worried bout him lol.

Supremus is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall
    Amazing. Absoultely amazing!

Is there any doubt now that JL Season 2 is much, much, MUCH better than Season 1? (And I loved Season 1!) Timm & Co. deserve an Emmy for brilliant writing and choreography of action scenes. Booyah!
    I am starting to have my doubts. I thought the "CG enhanced" air battle was particularly weak compared to The Savage Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall
    EDIT: Was I the only one that got this "James Bond movie" vibe from this episode? Vox definitely seemed like a James Bond-style villian, LOL... (I'm a big 007 fan too, so this isn't a bad thing at all!)
    I am with you on the James Bond vibe, problem is that when Superman gets back in town, a rail gun that fires meteors from space seems slightly useless. It might have worked against season 1 Superman, but not the more powerful season 2 Superman. Even GL should have been able to plug it with an ingenious construct. Oh, that's right, he doesn't do those

Kenny E. McCall is offline We fight like cats!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But Diana looked hot in that black dress! Excellent episode to me!
    In the animated music industry, there are two completely different but important girl groups: The Holograms, who are just Truly Outrageous, and the Misfits, who think their music is better. These are their stories.

Law and Order: Starlight Music. (dong-dong)

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast