Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate This issue and Post Your Comments!

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll

5 33.33%
  • ****1/2

7 46.67%

2 13.33%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

1 6.67%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Clayface is offline Molecularly Malleable Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Batman Adventures #4 Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Featuring two exciting tales of the Dark Knight!

BATMAN ADVENTURES #4

WRITTEN BY: Ty Templeton and Dan Slott
    ART BY: Rick Burchett, Ty Templeton, and Terry Beatty
    COVER BY: Bruce Timm

THE STORY: Batman confronts an old foe — Ra’s Al Ghul — in a very old place: Easter Island! Plus, in the back-up story, see the World’s Greatest Detective squeeze info out of a bad guy in a scary but scientific way!

Comments?

"With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself between the sounds
    And open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin.
    I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random, or what ever will bewilder me.
    And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
    We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.
    Spiral out. Keep going"
    -Tool, Lateralus

"Be ashamed to die unless you have won some victory for humanity." -Horace Mann

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And so, the first arc comes to a close. I can't wait to see exactly what will unfold in this issue. It's reassuring to know that some things that have developped (Penguin as the mayor, Julie Madison, etc) will probably continue to exist in the series outside of their introduction in this first arc. It's nice when things don't always all come to an end at once...lose ends can be fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to wait till tomorrowor Friday to get it, so I won't reply to this thread again until after I read it. I don't want any surprises to be spoiled for me!

Jor-El is offline Krypton is doomed.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't really sure that this "arc" was coming to a close nor was I really sure that there was an "arc," [i]per se[i], even going on.

Great issue though. This is the kind of material I expect from such able story-tellers. Let's have more issues like this one!

Great to see Julie Madison too.

****½

GIVE ME MORE RIGHT NOW!
    "He will be that world's man of tomorrow." -Jor-El, Superman: Birthright #1

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    4 1/2 stars

This was the first issue where I wasn't a fan of the cover. It looked too slim for me to greatly enjoy it (Batman's head reminded me of a tilted diamond).

To be honest, it felt like I was reading one story instead of two small ones, but I like that. I'm also happy that Ra's didn't go the Bane route and try to weaken Batman so he can have an easier time defeating him. It also looks like there is more to this story that will be continued later on.

The artwork inside the issue (as always) was great, and the feel of the animated series was there so thanks for keeping that in tact. Special thanks for adding Robin to the first story. I wonder if Nightwing is going to show up anytime soon. The name "Deadshot" sounds familiar;was he that former police officer in the animated series? Even if I'm wrong, I'm looking forward to Issue #5 (BTW, this is the first time in over 8 years that I'm reading a current ongoing title).

One question for Dan Slott and Ty Templeton: Is there any chance you will be adding a letters page or an editorial to the books every once in a while? It's great that you guys respond here, but it would be cool if others who read the issues and don't subscribe to Toon Zone would be able to hear from you guys (IMO).

Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't really say what it was...

...I just didn't really care for this issue for some reason. Perhaps I was expecting more of a shocking plot line behind Ra's reason for sending people to kill Batman's foes--not just to help him out by having him have less villains to put away all the time. I don't know...it just seems "meh". I guess I was expecting some genious, intertwined plot to wrap it all up...but maybe I was just too hopefull for something that strong to come out of an animated title.

There some pluses--Robin and Batgirl make their first appearances, the "backup" story coming BEFORE the main story (I guess it was a "frontup", then? ), just to be different I guess, another odd thing was the art--up to part with the best of the best in the first three issues, but this one--first it was the top right panel on page eight--Batman was extremely odd looking...Bruce's facial expression on the top right panel on page 12, and the fact Talia looked slightly off-model (in her facial area that is. she just looked...younger).

So overall, I give this issue ** 1/2, just cause I didn't really enjoy it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by JTurner954
    4 1/2 starsThe name "Deadshot" sounds familiar;was he that former police officer in the animated series? Even if I'm wrong, I'm looking forward to Issue #5 (BTW, this is the first time in over 8 years that I'm reading a current ongoing title).
    Deadshot was the assassin sent to kill Aquaman in the Justice League 2-parter, "The Enemy Below". A shot of him on the cover of #5 is available by clicking here. Information on his JL appearance is available here.

-BB

(who thinks Bruce's head was a little small for his body on Page 18, top panel)
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aha, I knew I remembered that name from somewhere. Now I'm anticipating Issue #5 even more. "Lock Up" is the name of the guy I was thinking of, wasn't it?

BTW, I also agree about Ra's motives. Could of been better, but it was enjoyable enough (I liked Issue #3 more). I still think there's more to it though.

Batman Guest
    I was really glad to see more of Julie Madison. It's been a real treat to see her in the book, and it was great to see her here. Also, the little appearances by Robin and Batgirl were great, especially Robin. I like that Templeton and Slott are sort of taking their time with bringing back all the characters. They're not just splashing all the supporting characters down right away, but just taking their time. I didn't think we'd actually see Robin so soon.

I also really enjoyed the back-up, or front-up, really good. I think it made more sense to put it first, given the role it played in the storyline. There's no way it'd really work as a back-up.

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Many thanks for the Preview Pages...

Woah...what kind of a grown women throws her hands up in the air and rants about how great she is? I didn't expect quite such a psychotic reaction from Julie. Maybe Burchett just went with a slightly over-dramatic pose...?

And definately nice to see Robin - our Robin (and not the TT version) - popping in.

Can't wait to pick this up!!! And kudos to the colorist for the very vibrant hues....the pages just pop out of the page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it was good, it was definately the best of the story arc in my opinion, but then I realized something these aren't just singular story arcs, something tells me this all leading into something big. And now that Ra's is finally behind bars, what will Talia do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast