toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Animation Studios for Batman Episodes

Like This Thread!
    To compliment the animation studio episode listings for Batman Beyond and Superman, here is animation studio information for Batman.

Akom
    Be a Clown; The Cat and the Claw Part 2; Cat Scratch Fever; Christmas with the Joker; Feat of Clay Part 1; Joker's Wild; The Last Laugh; Mad as a Hatter; The Mechanic; Moon of the Wolf; Prophecy of Doom; The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne; What Is Reality?.

Blue Pencil
    Day of the Samurai; If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?.

Dong Yang
    Almost Got 'Im; Appointment in Crime Alley; Bane; Batgirl Returns; Birds of a Feather; The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy; Catwalk; Deep Freeze; Fire from Olympus; The Forgotten; Harlequinade; Harley and Ivy; Harley's Holiday; House and Garden; I've Got Batman in My Basement; Joker's Favor; The Laughing Fish; The Lion and the Unicorn; Lock-Up; Make Em Laugh; Mask of the Phantasm (portions) (movie); Night of the Ninja; Nothing to Fear; Paging the Crime Doctor; Perchance to Dream; Riddler's Reform; Robin's Reckoning Part 2; Second Chance; See No Evil; Shadow of the Bat Part 1; Shadow of the Bat Part 2; Showdown; Sideshow; Sub-Zero (movie); Terror in the Sky; Time Out of Joint; Trial; Two Face Part 2; Tyger Tyger; The Worry Men; Zatanna; Animal Act; Beware the Creeper; Chemistry; Cold Comfort; Critters; The Cult of the Cat; The Demon Reborn; Girl's Night Out; Holiday Knights; Judgment Day; Knight Time; Legends of the Dark Knight; Love is a Croc; Old Wounds; Sins of the Father; The Ultimate Thrill; You Scratch My Back.

Jade
    The Terrible Trio.

Spectrum
    Beware the Gray Ghost; Heart of Ice; His Silicon Soul; It's Never Too Late; Mask of the Phantasm (portions) (movie); On Leather Wings; P.O.V.; Robin's Reckoning Part 1; Vendetta.

Studio Junio
    Avatar; Baby Doll; Blind as a Bat; A Bullet for Bullock; Dreams in Darkness; Mudslide; The Underdwellers.

Sunrise
    The Cat and the Claw Part 1; The Clock King; Eternal Youth; Heart of Steel Part 1; Heart of Steel Part 2; I Am the Night; The Man Who Killed Batman; Off Balance; Pretty Poison.

Tokyo Movie Shinsa (TMS)
    The Demon's Quest; Fear of Victory; Feat of Clay Part 2; Read My Lips; Two Face Part 1; Growing Pains; Mean Seasons; Never Fear; Over the Edge.

For some more info, check out The Animated Batman and World's Finest.

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow...I'm a major fan of Second Chance and Catwalk...but Tyger, Tyger really wasn't great...and neither was SideShow. Oh well...I still love 'em!

javlenka is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This handy list simply shows how some studios are much, much worse than others.

From what i can ascertain: Akom , Blue Pencil , and the widely lauded Jade are the worst. From these arise the notorious bulky, out of proportion characters and the wobbly crooked lines that make up the background. Studio Junio was not bad (esp. "A Bullet For Bullock") but didn't do too great a job on "Avatar" and "Blind as a Bat", among others. Sunrise was decent: I thought "Heart of Steel" was very well done, but "I Am the Night" was disappointing. Spectrum was a real gamble. It could come up with things like "Robins Reckoning pt 1" that arguably represent the finest animation of the series. Contrastly, it came out with "Beware the Gray Ghost" whose animation nearly put a black streak on a fantastic story. Dong Yang was the work horse, and its productions are usually fine. And then, of course, we come to TMS which consistantly puts out the most beautiful, fluid, and colorful work of any studio for Batman and Superman alike. I suppose "The Demon's Quest" was not out of the ordinary, but that would be the only one. It's a shame that TMS only animated such a small number. Though animation is not of paramount importance, it can very well push a good episode to greatness (or visa-versa).

Frank White is offline R.I.P Notorious BIG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Animation Studios for Batman Episodes

Originally posted by Jim Harvey
    I get asked this alot, so I thought I'd do everyone a favor and post up a nice treat. Below is a list of all the animation studios that have done work for the Batman series, and which episodes they animated.

Akom
    Be a Clown; The Cat and the Claw (II); Cat Scratch Fever; Christmas with the Joker; Feat of Clay (I); Joker's Wild; The Last Laugh; Mad as a Hatter; The Mechanic; Moon of the Wolf; Prophecy of Doom; The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne; What Is Reality?.

Oh god, most of those episodes were horrible! In both animation and story. It seems like the best stories get the best animation.
    If Batman keeps Anti-JLA files does his protégé write Anti-Young Justice recipes in his cookbook?

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you all like, I can put up Animation Studio information for Batman Beyond and Superman as well, in the near future. But since people seem have a hard time finding information specifically on Batman animated episodes, I thought this would help you fine folks out a bit. And, I'm glad to see it has helped some.

javlenka is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, if you have some time, could you put up the animation studios for Superman. I just want to see which ones were done by TMS. So far I believe TMS has animated "The Late Mr. Kent", "The Prometheon", "Ghost in the Machine", "Two's A Crowd", "Bizarro's World", "Speed Demons" and "World's Finest". Everything else, i think, was done by Koko/Dong Yang with the two forgettable exceptions of "Superman's Pal" and "Unity"

Comic Book Boy is offline hero of Toonzone!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tokyo Movie Shinsa is also known as TMS right?
    -Comic Book Boy-
    Fear ends, justice preveils, BATMAN BEGINS"
    "Some days you just CAN'T get rid of a bomb!"-Batman
    Read CIRCLES (my graphic novel)
    Read THE KRYPTONIAN (my graphic novel)

BeastBoyWonder is offline Teen Titans Go!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by spyboy303
    Tokyo Movie Shinsa is also known as TMS right?
    Yes. Yes it is. That's what TMS stands for.

Salvor is offline You can't take a picture of it
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great and very useful thread.

One thing cracks me up...

Jade
    The Terrible Trio.

LOL

I'm surprised TMS didn't animate more episodes. Looks like Spectrum did an awesome job (almost as awesome as TMS's)

Cyclops is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the animation done Spectrum and TMS the most. I only wish TMS or Spectrum had done more episodes. But they must've been the most expensive ones to use, since their animation was the best.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast