Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate "Shebang"

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll

1 6.67%
  • ****1/2

2 13.33%

7 46.67%
  • ***1/2

1 6.67%

3 20.00%
  • **1/2

0 0%

1 6.67%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Up early, but discuss the new episode of Static Shock!

JusticeLeagueLegion is offline Samantha is a hottie!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All righty, here it is...what did you think of the new character Shebang? Post your comments on this episode here. I thought that the episode was pretty good...and I wouldn't mind seeing that girl return...but hopefully we'll get some more solo episodes with Static. (Well not quite solo I guess, but with Gear) Because there's been a lot of Superhero guest stars so hopefully that'll slow down a bit...I thought it was strange too, that Hotstreak was burning a theater just because he hated the movie...that was weird. All in all, it gets 3 1/2 stars from me. But then again Shebang was pretty cool, so I think I'll give it 4.
    "We didn't find you son...you found us."

---Johnathan Kent
    Smallville Episode#1

All-Star 1.5 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode was okay. It wasn't bad,but it wasn't great either. I liked how Shebang wan't a bang baby, but just a genetically enginnered person. Overall 3 1/2 stars.

So what is next weeks episode about???

Raziel is offline The Anti-Hero of Soul Reaver
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I heard shebang wasn't a bang-baby, but she still had abilities. Why? How did she have those abilities if she wasn't a bang-baby?
    Placemark till i get a better signature!

Manhunter is offline Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Raziel
    I heard shebang wasn't a bang-baby, but she still had abilities. Why? How did she have those abilities if she wasn't a bang-baby?
    As mentioned before, she was genetically engineered.
    "No man escapes the Manhunters!"

MJC
    MJC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was overall a good episode. I'll give it a 4.
    The world's 225 richest people now have a combined wealth of $1 trillion. That's equal to the combined annual income of the world's 2.5 billion poorest people.

Something to think about.

The Detective is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The past two episodes have had guest stars. I wish we could get a Static and Gear by themselves episode. Over all, I didn't think it was that good. It wasn't that bad but just nothing special. A solid 3 stars.
    True friends stab you in the front. -- Oscar Wilde

All-Star 1.5 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by The DarkKnight
    The past two episodes have had guest stars. I wish we could get a Static and Gear by themselves episode. Over all, I didn't think it was that good. It wasn't that bad but just nothing special. A solid 3 stars.
    Well, we did see Static and Gear by themselves in the episode entitled Gear.

I think that they will be by themselves in next weeks episode.

keds1017 is offline 1# Slap Boxing Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll give this episode 4 stars. A very cool ep today i just wish the fighting scene were a little longer. I love She-bang she is going to be a excellent addition to the Static team. I can't wait to see her again. i think she appears on two more episodes, also i'm glad her personality wasn't annoying and overbearing. She kinda sassy and sweet.{ Ha! it seem Gear has a little crush on her } Is it me or Hotstreak is really nuts he blow up the theater because he hated movie this guy must really has some issues. overall i like everything to the animation, story, background and the cast were excellant!! I hope next season were'll team of Static, Gear, She-bang, Rubberband man, Nails against the combine gangs of Ruff pack and The meta breed {with aquamaria} in all out slug fest.
    Last edited by keds1017; 02-15-2003 at 06:47 PM.

Drachentöter is offline Good night. And good luck.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Three Stars

Meh...pretty much a disappointment.

The hype of this season is that it's supposed to be darker, more grounded, perhaps Batmanish. So far, the upbeat tone is keeping me from giving an ep its full five stars. It's just not interesting if everybody's happy all the time.

This one got the lowest rating yet because it had so much potential. A misfit in a city of misfits, a moral question when it comes to genetic engineering, a serious love interest for Virgil or Richie...

All wasted in favor of kiddy image. *sigh*

Shebang herself isn't all that special. She's just a super-acrobat with a costume that gives her spunk. Her voice also got on my nerves a bit. The actor sounded like she was twelve.

Her backstory was interesting and the best pieces were when Shebang copes with being unable to lead a normal OR abnormal life. More scenes like the conversation with her parents would have made this episode for me.

To sum it all up, I wanted Shebang to be more of a brooding, thoughtful, deep character. But she's just coming off like an obligatory female hero. That's a big shame.

I hope her next apperance does her justice.
    "But what is the difference between literature and journalism? Journalism is unreadable and literature is not read. That is all." - Oscar Wilde

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Love truth, and pardon error." - Voltaire

aftertheomega.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast