toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate This Issue

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll

9 100.00%
  • ****1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Batman Adventures Holiday Special #1 Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    With Christmas and the holidays upon us, I thought it would be fun to put up some holiday-themed talkbacks for the board. So, over the next three days, we'll have talkbacks up - one a day - for The Batman Adventures #28, Batman & Robin Adventures #3, and - on Christmas Eve - The Batman Adventures Holiday Special (Sadly, there are no Superman Adventures or Batman Beyond holiday episodes or comics). Also, the talkbacks for "Christmas with the Joker "and "Holiday Knights" will be pushed up on Christmas Eve. Without furthur adieu - let's begin!

The Batman Adventures Holiday Special #1
    Written by: Various
    Pencilled by: Various
    Inked by: Various

Batman has to stop an angry Mr. Freeze; Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy kidnap Bruce Wayne with Ivy's hypnotic lipstick, and use his credit cards to treat themselves to a Christmas shopping spree; Bullock and Montoya stake out a Gotham Department Store for pick pockets, but in actuality, it turns out to be the return of Clayface; Joker plans to kill all the people celebrating in Gotham Square on New Year's Eve with a sonic weapon. It is up to Batman and Robin to stop him before the stroke of midnight.

Comments?

Related Threads:
    -Batman: The Animated Series "Holiday Knights" Talkback (Spoilers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really wish that they had included the Mr. Freeze story in the episode that was based off this comic. Since that was the best story of this comic. But it was nonetheless a excellent book written by none other than Dini himself

Karkull is offline Mod of Chaos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Batman's Biggest Fan
    I really wish that they had included the Mr. Freeze story in the episode that was based off this comic.
    Tell me about it. Heck, it could have been a whole separate episode! It always make me tear up a little...
    "You don't have the tools to defeat me."
    --Karkull, "The Hand of Fate"

The Justice League Watchtower -- Now 99.9% Wonder Twin-free!

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Mr. Freeze story is no doubt the highlight of the issue for me. That story and the meeting between Batman and Gordon at the end are probably the best emtional stories. Ronnie's artwork in the Mr. Freeze story always surprises me. It's angular and moody - it fits absolutely perfectly. And who doesn't get shivers of the panel featuring Batman walking away from the tombstone of his parents? Such an awesome panel which DC actually used to advertise the oneshot back in 1994.

Joker21 is offline Banned
    A Long, Long, Long, Long, Long, Long, Long, Long,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish this had been adapted while it was still BTAS

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved this comic (what more can you say?)

I really hope Ronnie Del Carmen drops by Batman Adventures sometime for a run. His interpretation of Veronica Vreeland rocked!

M'ral is offline Black Dragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After several years of hunting, I finally got my hands on this issue less than a week ago. All I can say is, the Mr. Freeze story alone was worth the wait. Too bad it was invalidated by COLD COMFORT. All the other stories were good too, especially (naturally) Batman and Commissioner Gordon's New Years' meeting...that was wonderful. Despite the fact that I knew most of the stories, this issue was very enjoyable, and the Mr. Freeze story made it absolutely fantastic!
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."--Winston Churchill

Toooonfan is offline Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The mister freeze story shouldn't have been in the episode OR the episode! It should be a MOVIE! And have a spinoff TV miniseries! But it wouldn't have made sense in the TNBA world cuz freeze was a robot then. I hate what they did to the character. The end of Subzero was the perfect ending to the MR. Freeze saga. I wish they just let him be.
    "We are all interested in the future, for it is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember; future events such as these shall effect you in the future."
    Criswell, Plan Nine From Outer Space
    (Winner of the Golden Turkey Award for Worst Movie of All TIme.)

Nora Fries is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The ending quote for the Mr. Freeze story broke my heart:

"Nora and I were married ten years ago on a snowy Christmas Eve like. Nora loved the snow. And I thought it...sad that there should be none this year. And I wouldn't want my Nora to be sad tonight."

They don't make books like this any more (sob)
    Last edited by Nora Fries; 11-20-2009 at 02:07 PM.

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ain't that cover fantastic?

All I can say is, the Mr. Freeze story alone was worth the wait. Too bad it was invalidated by COLD COMFORT.

Well, you can tell yourself it occured between Heart of Ice and Deep Freeze...as in, after Victor was locked up (though he's seen in Blackgate prison, and not Arkham at the end of HOI, but oh well), and did not yet know that Grant Walker had found and semi-restored Nora. You can't place it before Subzero, because Freeze was in an iceberg then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast