toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate "Where There's Smoke"

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll

5 17.86%
  • ****1/2

3 10.71%

11 39.29%
  • ***1/2

2 7.14%

4 14.29%
  • **1/2

1 3.57%

1 3.57%
  • *1/2

1 3.57%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Discuss the classic Superman: The Animated Series episode!

Episode #42 - Where There's Smoke
    Original Airdate - September 19th, 1998. - Third Season Premiere

Volcana, a villainess whose talent enables her to control fire, goes on a crime spree by stealing artifacts, while on the run from government agents and Superman.

Comments?

czyznyck99 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There were two things I liked about this episode.

Superman - He was playing like Batman in this episode. Investigating the paranormal, to threatening to throw someone out a window, he was acting very dark in this episode, and it was cool

Volcana - She's a literal "hottie." What's not to like ?

I also found the general to be a lot like Nick Fury, the eyepatch and the secret leadership of a government sanctioned faction. Wait a sec, wasn't that the point?

Anyway, it was a good episode. A rare 4 stars from me.

Later.

HelloKittyKat is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw this episode once. Didn't impress me. If I can stay awake long enough I'll try it again.

Frank White is offline R.I.P Notorious BIG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's good to see the Man of Steel do other things than smash stuff. Plus I loved the scene when Superman intimated that government agent.
    If Batman keeps Anti-JLA files does his protégé write Anti-Young Justice recipes in his cookbook?

The Penguin is online now Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This was a great episode!

We were hit with a great deal of mystery and intrigue rather early which was very cool. I was wondering what the heck was going on. I liked how it took half the episode to figure out what was happening. To be honest, Superman often doesn't have to think to battle his foes so this was a welcome change. And even after that we get another twist with "Patch" being by himself instead of with Uncle Sam.

The way Supes looked in the flames was a pretty cool effect. I also liked his tour through the Institute and going after the government agent to find out where Volcana was.

I was about ready to drop this down a half star because I wasn't real big on Volcana, but her closing exchange with Superman made me think better of her.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

JTurner954 is online now Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    4 stars.

This is the very first time I've seen this episode. I liked it, although I didn't like the ending too much. Too bad Volcana wasn't used in future episodes since it could of strengthened the weak ending (even though Volcano was in a bathing suit). Oh well, one appearance is better than no appearance. Always nice to see human villains;even better when it's in a Superman episode. Was Volcana ever in the comic books?

DerekPowers is offline Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i really liked this episode. i loved the paranormal school and i liked volcana alot.

i liked seeing clark investigate too, that was cool. and i loved how superman used his super speed to crush that laser gun. that was cool, he should do that on JL.

and i loved the batman style interogation out the window. that was cool.

i think volcana is a cool villian, i was sort of surprised to see superman take such a liking to her. the ending was also a surprise, seeing superman going out of his way to help her. but it was a cool ending.

the only part i didnt like was when we find out the gov was no longer behind "project volcana". i dont know, it seemed strange to just have that guy running it, i mean, whats his motivation and why are all those soldiers following him? anyway i give it 3.5 stars. plus the animation was quite nice as well. peace.
    I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us, that they speak to us, as part of something greater than us, greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to it speak, it can give us the power to save ourselves.

--Fox Mulder

Condiment King is offline custom user title
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to admit that that was a much better episode that I thought it would be.

Volcana proved to be a very intriguing character and the plot was fantastic! This episode reminded me of B:TAS. A episode-long mystery that Superman didn't figure out until near the end. This was very different from many S:TAS episodes.
    "Leaping Lanny and Randy Savage are brothers, and Randy Savage, your name is Randy Poffo. THAT'S RIGHT, RANDY POFFO. You're ashamed of going around calling yourself Poffo so you probably got the name Savage because you're ashamed of putting yourself on the same level as your brother because he is much better than you are. YOUR BROTHER IS A HUMAN BEING. YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A SCUMBAG. THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE; YOU'RE A DOG. YOUR NAME IS POFFO." - Ronnie Garvin to Randy Savage, ICW Wrestling, 1980.

Thundercleese is offline .......holders
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woah, freekish knome man.....drinking root beer float.
    I like that that happened- Space Ghost

Johnny Depp is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not necessary.

I thought when I saw this episode, why bother with a trite villian like Volcana when episodes like A FISH STORY and IN BRIGHTEST DAY were rushed, uber popular and deserved two parts. I know I speak for alot of people when I say, scrap an episode like that, and add another part to either Aquaman's or Green Lantern's spotlight or both.

I look at an episode like that as a waste of valuable 65 episode time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast