toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate "The Demon Within"

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll

6 18.75%
  • ****1/2

1 3.13%

9 28.13%
  • ***1/2

6 18.75%

3 9.38%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

2 6.25%

1 3.13%
  • 1/2

4 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

B:TAS "The Demon Within" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Discuss this classic Batman: The Animated Series episode from the The New Batman Adventures era!

Episode #103 - The Demon Within
    Original Airdate - May 9th, 1998.

Batman and Etrigan join forces to stop a child in possession of dark magic.

Comments?
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

MILatino is offline =/\=
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: B:TAS "The Demon Within" Talkback (Spoilers)

Originally posted by The Penguin
    Bruce resorts to black magic as he battles a demon released from an ancient artifact.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not partial to magic stories. Give me more realistic situations (Thorne, Cromwell, Dent, Dagget, etc.) any day. One star.

TheScarecrow is offline The Master Of Fear
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode was a good change of pace and Jason Blood is a good character. Some of the dialogue was nicely done, and the animation was also nicely done.

****1/2
    I am the master of fear!

Condiment King is offline custom user title
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Gone, Gone, the form of man. Rise, Rise, Etrigan!"

I agree with MILatino that this episode being mostly pure "magic" gets annoying as the story progresses and it seems to lean on it as a crutch. Etrigan was cool and again Robin was here!
    "Leaping Lanny and Randy Savage are brothers, and Randy Savage, your name is Randy Poffo. THAT'S RIGHT, RANDY POFFO. You're ashamed of going around calling yourself Poffo so you probably got the name Savage because you're ashamed of putting yourself on the same level as your brother because he is much better than you are. YOUR BROTHER IS A HUMAN BEING. YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A SCUMBAG. THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE; YOU'RE A DOG. YOUR NAME IS POFFO." - Ronnie Garvin to Randy Savage, ICW Wrestling, 1980.

Storm is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love this episode Batman and Jason Blood make great partners and the evil kid with the cat was cool too. I love magic, underworld, demon, and myth stories
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.

Super Secret Agent Girl

Drachentöter is offline Good night. And good luck.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Five stars

Bruce: "One million dollars!"

Tim: "There goes my raise."

Etrigan: "No strawberry, master..."

Etrigan: "I'm sending him to his room!"

Not only was this a very good portrayal of Jason Blood, it was funny too! I really liked how the Jason was explored, something which was sadly lacking in my second fave ep of JL, A Knight of Shadows. Animation was very well-done with the magic scenes.

My only regret was that Tim never suited up.
    "But what is the difference between literature and journalism? Journalism is unreadable and literature is not read. That is all." - Oscar Wilde

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Love truth, and pardon error." - Voltaire

aftertheomega.blogspot.com

Bleu Unicorn is offline \(^o^)/
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Four Stars

Originally posted by ionglkyle
    "Gone, Gone, the form of man. Rise, Rise, Etrigan!"
    Um, it's actually, "Gone, gone the form of man. Rise, the Demon, Etrigan." Not to nitpick.

I really enjoy this episode. I actually like the redesign of Etrigan for JL better, tho -- as it is closer to the comics, imho. But this version works well in this episode. Rewatching it again today, I totally forgot that Morgaine is even mentioned! Must have slipped by me every other time I've ever noticed it, but still a very nice touch by the writers.

Tim is just a scene-stealer in this episode, at least for me. I love his interactions with Jason. All of his dialogue just slays me. And Jason has some sweet lines as well.

Batman for his part was cool, as always. But the episode is driven more for me by the things beyond him. I'm actually partial to the mystical and magical stories (they aren't my favorite, but I like the variety they bring). And the battle just is too predictable for me, but all in all I really love this episode quite a bit.
    — Cyndy Otty —
    http://gentlewit.com

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even though this episode had good dialogue, a cool kid with a cat, and good animation, the story was really weird and kinda boring at times. I rated this episode 1 and a Half stars. I can't wait to see "Mad Love" on Wednesday, now that's a Hit Episode.

Cyber E. is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Five stars

Originally posted by MILatino
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not partial to magic stories. Give me more realistic situations (Thorne, Cromwell, Dent, Dagget, etc.) any day. One star.
    I couldn't agree more. This episode was to much like a S:TAS storyline and supernatural is not the Dark Knight. 1/2 Stars

Originally posted by VortexInfinite
    My only regret was that Tim never suited up.
    Actually he did at the very end, he really didn't do anything though.

Caped Crusader is offline Batman--The Dark Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not into magic episodes, so I didn't really like "The Demon Within." I think the only thing I that this episode had going for it was its nice animation.
    Thug: "W-who are you?"
    Batman: "I’m your worst nightmare!"--"Pretty Poison"
    -------------------------
    If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. —Romans 10:9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast