toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate "The Ultimate Thrill"

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll

9 18.00%
  • ****1/2

5 10.00%

17 34.00%
  • ***1/2

12 24.00%

3 6.00%
  • **1/2

2 4.00%

1 2.00%
  • *1/2

0 0%

1 2.00%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

B:TAS "The Ultimate Thrill" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Discuss this "classic" Batman: The Animated Series episode from the The New Batman Adventures era!

Episode #096 - The Ultimate Thrill
    Original Airdate - September 14th, 1998. - Sixth Season Premiere

For Roxy Rocket, an over adrenalized ball of energy, death is the ultimate thrill. And as she leads Batman on a city-wide chase through Gotham, she skates death continually, until the Caped Crusader calls her ultimate bluff.

Comments?
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

TimTwoFace is offline Mod, and Minotaur Bait
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought this was a great "fun" episode, in the same vein as HARLEY & IVY, ALMOST GOT 'IM, and BEWARE THE CREEPER. Sure, it's all action and little emotional depth, but who cares? It's written really well, and Roxy is a nice change from the other female villains we've had for a while. The subplot with the Penguin was a great add-on, too; even as a legit businessman, he still kicks some ass.

4 stars!

-Tim
    CANADA

Mister Intensity is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it me or did they do some editing at the climax (pun intended)?

Mister Intensity

unknown hero is offline Chaos Dimension!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    a good, fun, action episode. good chase scenes, i especially liked the chase through the highway tunnel, dodging trucks and the like. i thought roxy was a great addition to the rogues gallery, being just as gutsy and slippery as batman, if not more so. its a shame this is also one of her rare appearances on the show

coolest scene is where batman holds the penguin over the patio, did anyone else notice his oversized cape?
    Last edited by unknown hero; 10-30-2002 at 08:28 AM.

Condiment King is offline custom user title
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I knew it would be this way. The final stunt is the best!" -Roxy Rocket

***1/2

This episode was an interesting one. Roxy Rocket is a very interesting and unique character and we get a glimpse at the "respectable business" man known as the Penguin.

Again, the absence of Robin bugged me a bit, and just the fact that Batgirl was there again for no reason....
    "Leaping Lanny and Randy Savage are brothers, and Randy Savage, your name is Randy Poffo. THAT'S RIGHT, RANDY POFFO. You're ashamed of going around calling yourself Poffo so you probably got the name Savage because you're ashamed of putting yourself on the same level as your brother because he is much better than you are. YOUR BROTHER IS A HUMAN BEING. YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A SCUMBAG. THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE; YOU'RE A DOG. YOUR NAME IS POFFO." - Ronnie Garvin to Randy Savage, ICW Wrestling, 1980.

Frank White is offline R.I.P Notorious BIG
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mister Intensity
    Is it me or did they do some editing at the climax (pun intended)?

Mister Intensity
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
    If Batman keeps Anti-JLA files does his protégé write Anti-Young Justice recipes in his cookbook?

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    **1/2

I didn't like this episode much but it gets **1/2 for using the Penguin. I always wanted to see more of him as a legitimate businessman.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

warmachine04 is offline No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A fun and amusing episode. Roxy Rocket is probably the best new character in the new Batman animated series. Batman's meetying with Penguin was great and the climax between Batman and Roxy Rocket was perfect for this episode.

BLACKHEART is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Favorite episode of all time. I wish there was more Roxy. I want more! Coimcs! Cartoons! Action figures! Plush dolls! 12 inch dolls! Plates! Posters! Minatures! Heroclix! Statues! Wall clocks! Rugs! Curtain's! Underoos! and so on

Jerry Mouse is offline Chairman of Cheese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like I missed a good one. I KNEW that I should have set the VCR before going to the doctor!
    "Tube socks? What is this, 1974?" --Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

katfairy is offline Soprano of Doom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A solid 4 stars. Brilliant? Not even close. Fun? Oh, yeah.

Oddly enough, watching this episode I continually kept thinking of an old George Carlin line: "You don't have to be Fellini to get that imagery."
    I can smell your spicy brains.

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very, very underrated episode - lots of action, great animation, a lot of innuendo, and that great Roxy Rocket theme music. 4.5 stars.

Terminal is offline "Me?...I'm the best"
    pushing a pencil somewhere in Washington, DC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode was the only one in the series that I hadn't seen so it was like watching a new episode!

I like this episode alot. Roxy Rocket was a different kind of villian. A villian driven by adrenalin. Her lines at the end were priceless. Was she actually turned on by the thought of her impending doom?
    A character like that makes me wonder just howmuch more dangerous would she be after a whiff of Scarecrow's no-fear gas?!

***1/2
    "You belong to me now."- Unicron
    "I belong to nobody!"- Megatron
    "Perhaps I misjudged you; proceed your way to oblivion."- Unicron

Salvor is offline You can't take a picture of it
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A very fun episode indeed: well-paced action, served by some wonderfully fluid animation. AND a very good use of the Penguin (that scene at his apartment remains one of my favorite moments of the entire series)

****1/2

Bleu Unicorn is offline \(^o^)/
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I find this episode kind of boring, honestly. Mainly because it consists of Batman chasing Roxy for more than 3/4 of the episode -- and it kind of gets old, to me. I never really was a big Roxy Rocket fan anyway -- and it still surprises me the sensors would let her and her <cough> big rocket be on the show. But maybe that's just me. <shrugs>

Also, was it just me, or did Batman's face look a bit weird? It seemed longer and thinner to me.
    — Cyndy Otty —
    http://gentlewit.com

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

DerekPowers is offline Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i loved this ep, and gave it 5 stars. i think this is one of the most underrated eps of the whole series, and one of the best tnba eps.

Penguin was priceless in this ep, completely priceless. i loved it. the penthouse scene was so dang awesome, and his whole attitude just rocks.

i like roxy too, shes a fun villian. and i think this ep really introduced and developed her character very well. she enjoys the thrill of being a criminal, i'll buy it, you know. she's just a good solid villianess. plus who can top that last scene, that just drives the point home even more, and still think that was the most racey thing btas has ever done, i cant believe it got past the censors.

the animation- GREAT. it was beautifully animated, beautifully. the chase scenes between batman and roxy were some of the best chase scenes of the whole series. and they were animated so nicely. just watch them again if you taped it and look at how, not only intense and action packed they were, but at how well it was pulled off due to beautiful animation. the tunnel scene in particular.

what can i say, i really enjoyed this episode, and this was probably one of penguin's best appearences in the whole entire series. again, this was one tight episode, 5 stars.
    I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us, that they speak to us, as part of something greater than us, greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to it speak, it can give us the power to save ourselves.

--Fox Mulder

Anarky is offline Team Conan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this is one of the great ones

with each chase, you can feel Batman's growing anger towards Roxy. Particulalry the parts when he tossed that batarang and when he junked his jetpack on her rocket.

and great character interaction as well:

"Maybe you'd like to show me your search warrant as well!"
    RATATAT!!!!!

"Let's say we have a little TALK, just like old times."
    Sonicsgate.org :a 2-hour documentary chronicling the unique circumstances that led to the Sonics' exodus to OKC

(1967-2008) Seattle Supersonics

SirLemming is offline a playa in a world of NPCs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode. That moment at the end is wonderful, because it shows just how tough Batman really is. Even Roxy, who's professing to be this big daredevil, can still be "shown who's boss" by Batman.
    Plus, Roxy's just too danged sexy.
    THE CASTLE OF SIR LEMMING
    THIS MONTH'S UPDATE: Christmas Countdown! 25 Christmas songs of interest.

susan123 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Roxy Rocket is one of my favorite villians. I had first read about her in the Batman Adventures Annual #1 years ago. I liked how they treated her in the comics but I loved her treatment in the animated show. The chase scenes were great (when Batman flies through the chicken truck-- ) Batman met his match in someone has daring as he is.

I wish she would be on JL but I doubt it. The only other time we get to see Roxy again is in the Superman episode "Knight Time" (or was it Batman?)

JohnStewart-GL is offline Mighty JLU memba
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I missed this ep but i really liked it. i wish i could saw it again.
    -G- UNIT!!!!

' LIGHT EM UP!!' - GL _ John Stewart

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast