toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

BLACKHEART is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Batman Gotham Adventures #20 talkback (spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    BATMAN: GOTHAM ADVENTURES #20

Written by Scott Peterson; art by Tim Levins and Terry Beatty; cover by Bob Smith and Beatty

In stores November 3. A new cereal called "Eden's Own" has taken Gotham City by storm, but there's a serpent hiding behind the all-natural breakfast choice of millions...and her name is Poison Ivy! Now Batman has to find out if there's more going on here than meets the eye - or tongue!
    32 pages, $1.99

Comments?

My thoughts on the issue:

I thought this was a fun issue. There aren't many animated Ivy stories to look back. The idea of her producing her own line of breakfast cerial was cool.

The cover was priceless

The issue showed Ivy as someone who is smart and sexy (as sexy as the elf Ivy can be)

We also got to see the Bat team work together

The writing if I remember right was good (It's been awhile)

The art was good for Gotham Adventures

Edited by Jim

Green-Ghost is offline Bring on...POISON IVY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Batman Gotham Adventures #20 talkback (spoilers)

Originally posted by SLIPKNOT
    With a new issue of Gotham Adventures featuring Poison Ivy I thought it would be nice to reflect on a previous story revolving around her.

BATMAN: GOTHAM ADVENTURES #20
    Written by Scott Peterson; art by Tim Levins and Terry Beatty; cover by Bob Smith and Beatty

In stores November 3. A new cereal called "Eden's Own" has taken Gotham City by storm, but there's a serpent hiding behind the all-natural breakfast choice of millions...and her name is Poison Ivy! Now Batman has to find out if there's more going on here than meets the eye - or tongue!
    32 pages, $1.99

My thoughts on the issue:

I thought this was a fun issue. There aren't many animated Ivy stories to look back. The idea of her producing her own line of breakfast cerial was cool.

The cover was priceless

The issue showed Ivy as someone who is smart and sexy (as sexy as the elf Ivy can be)

We also got to see the Bat team work together

The writing if I remember right was good (It's been awhile)

The art was good for Gotham Adventures

Edited by Jim
    Yeah!!!

I like the issue,too.
    Poison Ivy is looking very cool and sexy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes but the elf Ivy doesn't do anything for me nor does the pale white skin from the New Adv

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of Tim Levin's few relatively on-model issues, as well as one of Peterson's rare tollerable B:GA stories. There were some parts that really annoyed me - that metaphor guy, the ninjas stealing the cereal, Dick's shock upon Batman asking for a blood sample - but all in all, it was a decent read. Somehow, though, I doubt the art in this new issue will be quite as good, judging by the aweful expressions on Bruce's face in the four preview pages. It doesn't even look like him anymore...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I forgot all about the ninja's! I was tempted to thumb thru the issue before posting this so everything was fresh.

This issue is a keeper for the priceless cover alone