Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this "Beware The Batman" Episode!

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

2 33.33%
  • ****1/2

1 16.67%

2 33.33%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

1 16.67%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Though now that power to the city has been restored, I wonder if all of the villains are still at large in Gotham? I also wonder if the League, including Shiva, were taken into custody and locked up after what happened to Ra's? At the very least, hopefully Batman was able to put Whale back in Blackgate.
    I assumed that's why the Batsignal was lit up so soon at the end of the episode. Most of those freed villains were still on the loose. That and Jim probably wanted to compare notes since they never met up in this episode at all despite being all in Fallpoint in the climax.

Though with Alfred gone, who the heck is going to take care of Wayne Manor? I mean, Beware's Alfred may be the least butlery animated Alfred, but he's still the butler who handles all the menial stuff around the Manor that Bruce probably doesn't care for .
    I look forward to an episode where Tatsu gripes about doing butler work.

I also thought it was underwhelming that Shiva got taken out by the explosion, since I was hoping to see a showdown between her and Tatsu .
    I still enjoyed Katana drop kicking her though. But yeah. Not enough time for another battle. Surprised the souls didn't grab her, too, since it seems like she used the sword a couple times.

Tatsu getting to have moment with the soul of her father was nice but what about Jason? It felt kinda weird, and sad, that they just glossed over him among the freed souls .
    Yeah. It was odd come to think of it...

Overall, I thought the Ra's storyline was a good arc with a decent conclusion, which leaves Anarky for the rest of the season. Considering he wasn't outright killed, I expect Ra's probably would have returned for a season 2 of Beware that unfortunately was never to be. And I agree with RoyalRubble that this episode probably would have made a better mid-season finale, and would've fit well alongside Green Lantern's.
    Yeah, it seems like they left it open ended. You could interpret the event as Ra's being dragged down to hell whereas Edogawa went up into the sky and dispersed. Or at the least, they dropped him to the bottom of a deep, deep shaft. In any case, if Ra's survived or not, he had the line reiterating the League of Assassins was legion. Whether that means they would find the body and resurrect him or Lady Shiva and Silver Monkey were just the tip of the iceberg when it came to the League's inner circle of commanders...
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: December 19, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I assumed that's why the Batsignal was lit up so soon at the end of the episode. Most of those freed villains were still on the loose. That and Jim probably wanted to compare notes since they never met up in this episode at all despite being all in Fallpoint in the climax.
    Good point, and a city full of Supervillains and a crime boss behind bars sounds like the perfect environment for Anarky to create... well, anarchy .
    look forward to an episode where Tatsu gripes about doing butler work.
    Well, I'm pretty sure Bruce does still pay her a salary .

I still enjoyed Katana drop kicking her though. But yeah. Not enough time for another battle. Surprised the souls didn't grab her, too, since it seems like she used the sword a couple times.
    Maybe because Ra's had used it more and there were more souls with vendetta's against Ra's? I'm also partial to the theory that Silver Monkey didn't have his soul stolen and Shiva just "took him out" using the sword .

Yeah, it seems like they left it open ended. You could interpret the event as Ra's being dragged down to hell whereas Edogawa went up into the sky and dispersed. Or at the least, they dropped him to the bottom of a deep, deep shaft. In any case, if Ra's survived or not, he had the line reiterating the League of Assassins was legion. Whether that means they would find the body and resurrect him or Lady Shiva and Silver Monkey were just the tip of the iceberg when it came to the League's inner circle of commanders...
    Well, there's Talia and Ubu of course, but I could see a steering away from them since they're "traditional" in a certain sense when it comes to Ra's. Nyssa and Sensei could use more exposure in animation, so it would've been cool to see them possibly show up eventually.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure Bruce does still pay her a salary .
    True but Tatsu complaining is gold.

Maybe because Ra's had used it more and there were more souls with vendetta's against Ra's? I'm also partial to the theory that Silver Monkey didn't have his soul stolen and Shiva just "took him out" using the sword .
    True. Yeah, really briefly I was wondering if she was tossing only Monkey's mask or his head.

Well, there's Talia and Ubu of course, but I could see a steering away from them since they're "traditional" in a certain sense when it comes to Ra's. Nyssa and Sensei could use more exposure in animation, so it would've been cool to see them possibly show up eventually.
    Nyssa indeed. I'm all for them using new characters, that haven't been animated yet, on this show especially. The Seven Men of Death could be a good follow up, too, imo.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: December 19, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Gold Guy is offline Long-eared grinch?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A really good episode! Very exciting, and never let up!

I do think some parts were rushed (Shiva was taken down so easy), but its hard to hold that against it.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cohorts,

i wonder if they'll actually focus on some of Alfred's time away or completely leave him out of the show until he returns to gotham.

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    A really good episode! Very exciting, and never let up!

I do think some parts were rushed (Shiva was taken down so easy), but its hard to hold that against it.
    Yeah, one of my complaints with the show is how Shiva pretty much loses all presence the moment Ra's enters the picture. I'm guessing she'll be at Blackgate after everything is sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mayhem View Post
    Cohorts,

i wonder if they'll actually focus on some of Alfred's time away or completely leave him out of the show until he returns to gotham.
    I'm sure we'll see some of that eventually, whether in real time or in flashback. He is in the opening intro.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: Ultimate Spider-Man "Spider-Verse" Review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a little late on this review so I'll try to keep this brief...

'Reckoning' was a thoroughly enjoyable conclusion to this whole Ra's Al Ghul/League of Assassins saga. It contained plenty of twists, action and heartfelt moments, a few of which that were genuinely quite poignant. Now that his storyline has come to an end, I'm still not sure what I think of this version of Ra's Al Ghul overall. It was certainly an interesting take but not quite as captivating as the usual dynamics we associate with Batman and Ra's typically. I suppose in a second season, he could have returned and forged a greater antagonism with Batman, as well as bringing his daughter into the mix, but sadly we'll never see that.

Batman going up against a group of the shows most prominent villains so far was pure fun. Yes, it did feel a little bit like filler but it was staged and animated (Curt Geda's been doing a great job on this series) so well that I really didn't mind. It was another unique moment to show just how smart and efficient this Batman is. Plus any excuse to hear Grey DeLisle as Magpie again is fine by me. Batman's double cross of Tobias Whale was wonderfully in character and I have to say I loved the little smirk.

The scenes with Barbara and her dad were great as usual. They really have nailed their interactions and both Kurtwood Smith and Tara Strong play off each other brilliantly. I particularly enjoyed the line about the bad guys just taking them hostage as oppose to killing them. However, once again I have to ask, where the heck is the mom in all this?

Kudos to the team for allowing the show to have a somewhat darker ending with the Soultaker Sword. I assumed that the souls would simply float back into the persons body and revive them (no matter how long they have been ''deceased'') but sadly that was not the case. At the very least, I thought Jason would have been revived, so it's a shame he didn't make it, but at least Tatsu had that beautiful moment with her father.

If I had any complaints, it would still revolve around the conflict between Alfred and Tatsu. I still find that the writer pushed Katana's aggression towards Alfred a little too much. I understand that she misses her father, but she still turned on Alfred far too quickly. Her little realization by the end was nice but it came a tad too late for me. Katana should be much more in control of her emotions and only truly question Alfred when the crisis is over. The only other thing I'll mention is how much of a shame it was to have Lady Shiva reduced to background muscle in this episode. She deserved another great moment to exit on.

The ending with Bruce and Alfred was quite emotional, almost bringing a tear to the eye. You can see Bruce turning into the young child that doesn't want his father to leave, wondering if it's all his fault. I'm curious as to where they'll take this subplot. I imagine Bruce will be a lot darker in demeanor moving forward. In fact, this would have been a nice place for the series to end... a typical downbeat moment but with the promise of more adventures ahead.

Luckily for us, we have eleven more episodes to go before we truly have to say goodbye to Beware the Batman.

Great episode. 4/5
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12