Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll

5 19.23%
  • ****1/2

2 7.69%

6 23.08%
  • ***1/2

6 23.08%

2 7.69%
  • **1/2

3 11.54%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

2 7.69%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Discuss this classic Superman: The Animated Series episode!

Episode #16 - Action Figures
    Original Airdate - September 20th, 1997.

An amnesiac Metallo surfaces on a volcanic island, becoming a super-hero to a pair of young children. But his true nature returns as both Lois and Superman arrive to investigate -and the volcano begins to erupt!

Comments?

Livewire is offline The Electrifying Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gotta love Metallo!
    Last edited by Livewire; 06-08-2002 at 10:36 PM.
    All I see teaches me to trust the Creator for all I do not see.
    ~~~
    “I’ve done my best and I begin to understand what is meant by the ‘joy of the strife.’ Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing.” –Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables.

The Penguin is offline Regiver
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is just such a great show! I enjoy it more and more every week.

Much like those kids I was a little freaked out (but not much ) seeing Corbin without his skin.

It's kind of too bad that the gift of a little girl is what reminded Metallo of his hate.

The way Supes redirected the lava by cutting the canal in the side of mountain was just awesome!

The innocence of a trusting child truly is a gift. It's a shame Corbin tried to use it for his own selfish gains.

The ending with Metallo’s blinking Kryptonite-powered eye was really powerful.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Brainiac is offline You've forced my hand.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, yet another 5-Star episode of Superman! I love this episode for so many reasons....the return of Metallo was great, and I love how it started where it left off. Also, Metallo without his skin is great (if only they kept that continuity for later episodes!!). The volcano idea was a bit cliched, and reminded me of an early Fleischer Superman cartoon which was very similar (volcano-wise, not having to do with Metallo). And the ending was great...."I am Metallo. I am Metallo. I am Metallo..." Very powerful.
    "A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have."
    -Roger Rabbit

"The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light."
    -Stanley Kubrick

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loved this episode. One of my all time favorite episodes. I wish this is where they stopped using Metallo. His two other appearance after this episode extremely pale in comparison to this one. Besides, this is a interesting ending to a character like this.

And the Volcano thing, while a bit cliched, works effectvely here.

Karkull is offline Mod of Chaos
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Jim Harvey
    I wish this is where they stopped using Metallo. His two other appearance after this episode extremely pale in comparison to this one.
    I thought so too. Not just because it was cool, but metaphorically it works because he's come full circle. Corbin's ongoing story arc dealt with him losing his humanity piece by piece. Sure, he was already a killer and a jerk, but it really started to effect him when he became Metallo and his spirit was replaced by metal (he didn't realize it himself until he tried to kiss Lois Lane in The Way of All Flesh). It was symbolized by the loss of part of his "skin" in Flesh, and is driven home in Action Figures, when he shows up with none left. By the end of the final act he is Metallo because Corbin has fully wasted away.

Anyway, for me, this has got to be the best fight scene in the series. Sure, a fight on a volcano is cliched, but I've never seen a guy try to smother his adversary under molten rock (the creative team had to be creative, since lava wouldn't really hurt either of them).

Finally, this was the Metallo I wanted to see on the rest of the series. This was the Metallo I wanted an action figure of. By stripping him down to his metal body he just looks so much cooler, just like a Terminator robot. Why they bothered to put his ragged skin back on (in just the same places like the end of The Way of All Flesh) is just beyond me. Why? WHY?
    "You don't have the tools to defeat me."
    --Karkull, "The Hand of Fate"

The Justice League Watchtower -- Now 99.9% Wonder Twin-free!

JohnStewart-GL is offline Mighty JLU memba
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

***1/2

This was a cool episode. The begining was a little boring especial for late night.But as usual a good episode of S:Tas my favorite mettallo ep was hEAVY Metal and i cant wait till they air that one.
    -G- UNIT!!!!

' LIGHT EM UP!!' - GL _ John Stewart

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't like it. It was too predictable. This is my least favorite Metallo episode. 3 stars.

Livewire is offline The Electrifying Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3 and 1/2 stars.

It was an all right episode. Although I thought it was vastly better than "Heavy Metal" and "Superman's Pal", I didn't think it was of the same high caliber as Metallo's first ep, "The Way of all Flesh".
    All I see teaches me to trust the Creator for all I do not see.
    ~~~
    “I’ve done my best and I begin to understand what is meant by the ‘joy of the strife.’ Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing.” –Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables.

Caped Crusader is offline Batman--The Dark Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Livewire
    3 and 1/2 stars.

It was an all right episode. Although I thought it was vastly better than "Heavy Metal" and "Superman's Pal", I didn't think it was of the same high caliber as Metallo's first ep, "The Way of all Flesh".

I agree, it was better than "Heavy Metal" and "Superman's Pal", but it wasn't as good as "The Way of all Flesh".
    Thug: "W-who are you?"
    Batman: "I’m your worst nightmare!"--"Pretty Poison"
    -------------------------
    If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. —Romans 10:9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast