Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    BigFatHairyDeal is online now Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I would be in favor of opening the discussion for the digital release.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In addition to what James said, we would also keep this news thread open until the physical release for those who don't want to be spoiled in the discussion thread but still want to keep up on PR and other news.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: December 19, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Warner Bros. Home Entertainment released a new clip from Justice League: Throne of Atlantis, which is available to view below. The studio also announced a January 12th, 2015 world premiere for the animated feature, set for January 12th, 2015 at the Paley Center in Los Angeles. Details can be found at The World's Finest.

If there are any further thoughts or concerns about pushing the talking for Justice League: Throne of Atlantis up to the digital release, on January 13th, 2014, please feel free to let us know.

BigFatHairyDeal is online now Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting clip. So the Justice League doesn't regularly gather? Interesting.

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That certainly is interesting. It definitely sounds like the League hasn't really been together since Darkseid's invasion, aside from maybe the occasional team-up or two, and the attack from Atlantis becomes a big enough threat that they finally have to reform to combat it. Maybe Aquaman joining the team solidifies the group a bit more?

Though it kinda makes the New 52 Animated League come off as even more dysfunctional than the Avengers .

Makes you wonder what the point of building the Watchtower was if they never use it ?

Nice to see Trevor getting some more scenes .

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That certainly is interesting. It definitely sounds like the League hasn't really been together since Darkseid's invasion, aside from maybe the occasional team-up or two, and the attack from Atlantis becomes a big enough threat that they finally have to reform to combat it. Maybe Aquaman joining the team solidifies the group a bit more?

Though it kinda makes the New 52 Animated League come off as even more dysfunctional than the Avengers .
    I suppose "realistic=dysfunction" is the rule of thumb for team stories presently but I still appreciate they are going for a different version of a Justice League than we've seen in previous animated series and movies.

Makes you wonder what the point of building the Watchtower was if they never use it ?
    Was it a Watchtower or a Hall of Justice? In any case, I can see it as government intervention. Sway international politics. Use the JL as a prop. Maybe even that's a reason why the Justice League hardly gathers, they know what's going on.

Nice to see Trevor getting some more scenes .
    It is interesting. One of his roles in New 52 is UN liaison to the JL. I find the implications far more intriguing for the future of this canon - in the New 52 comics, Trevor was also part of A.R.G.U.S. (support and liaison to the JL ,clean up after them, etc.), Team 7 (prevent metahuman threats) and Justice League of America (counterpart to the JL in case they went rogue).
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: December 19, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I suppose "realistic=dysfunction" is the rule of thumb for team stories presently but I still appreciate they are going for a different version of a Justice League than we've seen in previous animated series and movies.
    True, but I guess I'm just used to viewing the League as a more idealized Superhero team compared to their Marvel counterpart. But this is a series, so I imagine we'll eventually, and hopefully, see them develop into that .

Was it a Watchtower or a Hall of Justice? In any case, I can see it as government intervention. Sway international politics. Use the JL as a prop. Maybe even that's a reason why the Justice League hardly gathers, they know what's going on.
    I just assumed it was a Watchtower because that's what they have in the New 52 .

But yeah, that could definitely be a factor. I remember it being an aspect during the first few issues after their formation that people were propping up the New 52 League as much more of a team and buddy-dynamic than it actually was.

And I can't believe that all the members would be unwilling to meet, since I'm sure Flash would be the first one there, and Cyborg and Wonder Woman probably wouldn't mind. Hal...okay, I can see Hal not coming, especially if their keeping his characterization consistent (though hopefully not to the exact degree as he was in War). I don't think Batman would be unwilling, unless he doesn't take the League seriously as a team (which is possible). Superman is dependent completely on how they characterize him in this movie. Shazam might depend on if it's a school night .

It is interesting. One of his roles in New 52 is UN liaison to the JL. I find the implications far more intriguing for the future of this canon - in the New 52 comics, Trevor was also part of A.R.G.U.S. (support and liaison to the JL ,clean up after them, etc.), Team 7 (prevent metahuman threats) and Justice League of America (counterpart to the JL in case they went rogue).
    I could definitely see a JLA movie popping up, if only to use the "Justice League Brand" as it were to showcase other heroes. Maybe then we'd finally see a Phil Bourassa designed Catwoman ?
    Last edited by Frontier; 12-19-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314