Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Did anyone else think Starfire's design was too inappropiate for a kids show? Even though it was obviously toned down from the comics, I'm still surprised they got away with it.

She's wearing practically nothing but a short top exposing her midriff, a very tiny skirt, and long boots. Her entire outfit emphasized her curves and the camera would constantly show us bizarre close ups on her breasts when she was fighting for no reason at all.

I'm surprised they got away with it,.
    In the words of Wayne & Garth, "Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?"

The Starfire we have seen in both Teen Titans cartoons since 2003 is a toned down, less curvy, younger version of the hottie who debuted in 1980, and literally fell for Robin (Dick Grayson) at first sight. They also deaged the rest of the team, and dumbed down Beast Boy (two words, not one) considerably in each series.

If I'm hosting a party for kids, I'd rather show them Adventure Time or some old Looney Tunes than TTG!, but that's just me. To blame TTG! for Young Justice being cancelled is just plain silly. You want someone to blame? Try the toy stores, who didn't push the toy line strong enough to suit. Try the administration at CN, which gradually turned a blind eye to action over the last few years. In a perfect world, YJ would still be on the air in an expanded DC Nation block, if Snyder, Sorcher, and the rest of the clowns actually cared. DC Nation as we knew it is for all intents & purps dead. Let it rest in peace.

the_joker is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think fans of YJ just want something to blame, a way of venting about the loss of a show they really enjoyed.

I've even read some comments about how much some YJ fans dislike Beware the Batman, and there were also demands to cancel that show for the return of YJ. Hell, when BtB was announced as possibly canceled, I've read fan comments about possibilities of YJ's revival in its place. I really should stop reading fan comments in some sites.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's mostly people hopeful, but hopelessly ill-informed and unable to accept that YJ is done. Prematurely? Yep.

Stonewall is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    It's mostly people hopeful, but hopelessly ill-informed and unable to accept that YJ is done. Prematurely? Yep.
    Why should we "accept" ANYthing?

Fans are the reason these shows get made in the first place. No one watching = no one buying merch = no show.

Fans should NEVER be passive consumers of whatever the network and studio try to push. If you like what they do: TELL them (positive feedback). If you DON'T like what they do: TELL them (negative feedback). KEEP telling them.

Don't be a media sheeple.

Jared Magie is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if the show is a success i find that incredibly depressing... it is the most horrific abomination of a DC show i have ever seen. i weep for comic book fans for that craptastic show having existed in the first place.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234