Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this "Beware The Batman" Episode!

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll

5 55.56%
  • ****1/2

2 22.22%

0 0%

0 0%

2 22.22%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.D.O.K. View Post
    Exactly. There's a big difference between the two.
    This makes me wonder about what happened to Ravencroft's body... though if Batman manages to use the counter chant while still in the League Base, I could see Jason's soul being able to find his body since it's actually there. Not sure about the other souls .

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me wonder about what happened to Ravencroft's body... though if Batman manages to use the counter chant while still in the League Base, I could see Jason's soul being able to find his body since it's actually there. Not sure about the other souls .
    Let's also keep in mind that both bodies have been left behind at the League's hands. They could have easily disposed of the bodies.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: Ultimate Spider-Man "Spider-Verse" Review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, Ra's Al Ghul... a fan favourite character that, in my opinion, has never been quite as compelling as in the days we last saw him in the DCAU. That design, along with David Warner's sublime voice has been THE definitive Ra's for many years now. The Brave and the Bold version never felt fully formed. The Young Justice portrayal was somewhat middle of the road and the less said about Batman: Arkham City the better. In spite of all this, Ra's upcoming appearance on Beware The Batman was an intriguing prospect, as the show had done an excellent job in presenting classic Batman elements in new and stimulating ways. How would they fare with Ra's?

As 'Fall' demonstrates, pretty darn well actually. The League of Assassins (and the stunning Lady Shiva) had been a foreboding presence for the first half of this season and it culminates quite nicely with the first true emergence of Ra's Al Ghul. Lance Reddick's voice, while certainly different, worked quite well, and along with the design, gave Ra's a more exotic quality. All in all, an excellent start to the arc. One of the reasons I'm enjoying the new Ra's a little bit more is his association with 'Agent Pennyworth'. It will be fascinating to see how this will develop in the next few episodes.

In fact, all the flashbacks were a genuine treat. It was interesting to see Thomas Wayne, although once again, Martha never seems to get any love. Bruce seemed like he was halfway to becoming Batman even before his parents were killed. It would have been nice to have seen him as a normal, happy child, but at least the episode highlighted his relationship to Alfred further (even with a cool nod to the pilot).

The episode leaves us with many great 'huh?' moments and a suitably tense cliffhanger. What will happen with Alfred and Katana? How will Batman get out of this one? Can Gotham be saved? It's baffling how anyone could genuinely dislike this show. It's smartly written, beautifully animated, expertly voice-acted and wonderfully scored. It doesn't matter that the shows fate is sealed... if the final thirteen episodes can maintain the quality of the first half of the season, the the cast and crew can hold their heads up high.

4.5/5
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, Martha was played by Julie Newmar in Brave and the Bold's "Chill of the Night," so that's something .

While Dee Bradley Baker was never someone I could imagine as Ra's, I'm one of the few who actually thought he did a decent job in Arkham City. Same with Oded Fehr in Young Justice, even if he only had a few appearances on the show .

reflection is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No show has made me ask this. Where was Alfred when the Waynes were murdered? Waiting in the car?

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    No show has made me ask this. Where was Alfred when the Waynes were murdered? Waiting in the car?
    Well, traditionally Park Row (later known as Crime Alley) was in the neighborhood of Wayne Manor and the trio walked to the theater and were walking home. I chalked it off as Thomas gave Alfred the night off.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: December 19, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123