toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this "Teen Titans Go!" Episode

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • ****1/2

1 25.00%

1 25.00%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

1 25.00%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

1 25.00%
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Teen Titans Go! "Be Mine" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

An all-new Teen Titans Go! episode debuts tonight at 7:30pm (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Discuss it here!

Teen Titans Go!
    "Be Mine" airs Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 on Cartoon Network

Beast Boy helps Terra escape the dimension she was banished to and once again continues his romantic pursuit of her. But Terra only has revenge on her mind and plans to destroy all the Titans on Valentine’s Day.

Comments?

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't get why Beast Boy is the Titan Terra hates the most, shouldn't it be Raven, she is the one that put her in that dimentional in the first place. If I was her, Raven would be the Titan I save for last.

Well I liked this episode, I liked the Jinx cameo, those dam cotch blocker prison guards oh I so hate them, poor Robin, Starfire love him as a brother, what kind of world is this. If Robin wants her attention he should go out with Kitten or Blackfire and let's see how Star would react.

Since this was this was continuity to Terra previous appearance, I was hoping we would find her employer, I think it is either Slade or Speedy (for what the Titans did to him in "The Date"), poor Raven eventhough she won, she still lost. Never underestemate Beast Boy's stubbernish and stupidity.
    Last edited by zoombie; 02-12-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You know if this episode is actually going to the lengths of actually showing a clip from "Terra-rized" to explain what happened to Terra to remind people of her grudge against the Titans, what's with the Cyborg/Jinx stuff here? I have a feeling this may of meant to air after "Opposites" as unless you know the original cartoon this doesn't make any sense. And isn't really funny either as it's not out there enough to be that good of a joke and honestly the stuff with the security guards was pretty lame. Seems like they could of had more set up to better joke then esssintally just some "no touching" bits. Still I'm sure more will be explained in the next episode so I'll talk about that coupling there since this one's about Beast Boy/Terra or... Beast Boy/Raven. Yeah similar to "Terra-ized" admist all the cartoon hijinks and wacky comedy bits, there did at least seem like some attempts at geunine moments. Granted they were incredibly small but they were there like Raven pointing out Terra is the problem and BB saying he sees good in her and even the end of Rae being sad she didn't admit her feelings. It's weird to think of this show trying to interject honest emotion but you know... I think it's actually welcomed. Not only does true sincerity mean there's a chance for actual development and growth, but if they are actually fine with not just ending on jokes it does open up to more possiblities. Granted these are some really small moments and maybe it's because it's the Valentine's Day episode but you know it is actually something. I especially like to the fact Terra did seem geuinunley touched by BB's song and only started fighting again when Raven hit her for getting close to BB. It's kind of goofy stupid love triangle situations but it actually does work here, at least in this episode and makes it stand out.

Besides that though there were a lot of good comedic bits. I like how overjoyed Starfire is for Valentine's Day but celebrates it terribly by hiring random babies to shoot arrows, giving gifts of an actual heart (I'm kind of surpirsed even in a PG show they actually got away with that especially the "I didn't have time to engrave it". Seriously are they implying Star ripped someone's heart out to get that since yeah... that's not a thing I'd think even this show would actually do for a gag) and then saying she only loves Robin like a brother. Oh Hylden Walch: why must you play princess characters on this network who seem to be teases to non powered heroes? I also like the idea of Terra being trapped where the Titans just throw away their garbage, BB trying to win Terra over by opening the door for her and thinking it was an actual surprise, the idea of super power Terra trying to trap them in the center of the earth instantly not working, and the image of Raven using a magic black hand to smash Terra in the face. Probably one of the best visual jokes not only in the show, but I've seen in awhile as well so props there. Overall this makes this one pretty strong. Even better in fact then the Christmas episode for building on what was done previously, good jokes and some actual attempts at heart. I wonder if the next episode will do the same but guess we'll know when we get there, right?
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

TheRavenfreak is offline Sonic and Raven! :3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh boy where to start on this episode... For what it's worth I do enjoy the new series for what it is but I'll get into that in a different topic. Alright so what can I say about this episode? I'm very torn with two main bits. First off I'm a huge fan of the Robstar paring, they were the canon couple in the original animated series and they look cute together. But Starfire apparently likes Robin as a brother in this series?! Alright writers that was a huge blow to the gut to hear that line... Next up yes I don't like the BBxRae couple in the original animated series but I'm starting to enjoy the paring somewhat in this cartoon. I'll admit it though I love Beast Boy's song to Terra and I was extremely excited to hear that song make it's appearance in this episode. But for Beast Boy to completely ignore Raven after even attempting and trying his best to win her over in Matched was pretty bad... (Though I could totally seeing him doing something like that... The poor boy is in love with Terra but just seems to have a crush on Raven...) It made me a bit upset to see Raven's heart get broken yet again. (Even though this universe isn't canon to the original animated series universe, it was still hard to take...) Another blow to the gut... But the whole episode was written so well that I love it yet I hate it at the same time. It does suck that Opposites and Be Mine were completely aired out of order, but this isn't the first time this has happened before. (The original Teen Titans episodes were aired out of order on some channel iirc... But those didn't tie in with each other but still...) Anyway these are my views on this episode. I'm sure i'm not the only Robstar fan who is upset about this. :V

ToonFan83 is offline I'll grow old, but never up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike View Post
    You know if this episode is actually going to the lengths of actually showing a clip from "Terra-rized" to explain what happened to Terra to remind people of her grudge against the Titans, what's with the Cyborg/Jinx stuff here? I have a feeling this may of meant to air after "Opposites" as unless you know the original cartoon this doesn't make any sense.
    Yeah, it only makes since that "Opposites" should air before this. Cyborg liking Jinx would've came out of left field if they didn't show the preview. I was actually looking forward to that episode.

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I disagree with the sentiments about "Opposites," it can still take place after "Be Mine" What goes on in this episode could be interpreted as setting things up for "Opposites" - introducing Cyborg's crush on Jinx. The part with the guards tasering Cyborg reminded me of the "Girls Night Out" episode. It makes sense the guards would be extra trigger happy around him since two other Titans did break Jink out twice and caused a bunch of property damage. EDIT: But I'm 99% sure I'm wrong because in the end credits they shows "Birds" then "Be Mine" so it does look likely "Waffles" and "Opposites" are before in terms of production order in the least.

Didn't dig the Starfire-Robin segments.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

JThree is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    starfire's attitude towards robin isn't consistent with her feelings in the previous show, where she got jealous with Robin going off with kitten and other episodes.

jthree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    starfire's attitude towards robin isn't consistent with her feelings in the previous show, where she got jealous with Robin going off with kitten and other episodes.

jthree
    It's not meant to be in continuity with the previous show. Otherwise, Terra would still be a schoolgirl trying to forget her past.

JThree is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I understand, but I was just pointing the difference between this version of Starfire and the previous one.
    jthree

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe Starfire will realise her true feelings when Blackfire finally appears and flirts with Robin. That is what I am hoping, are these writers anti RobinxStarfire, most fans loved them, sure there are the RobinxRaven shippers, but I don't see that in the series, so what is the deal?

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Maybe Starfire will realise her true feelings when Blackfire finally appears and flirts with Robin. That is what I am hoping, are these writers anti RobinxStarfire, most fans loved them, sure there are the RobinxRaven shippers, but I don't see that in the series, so what is the deal?
    You do realize this is a comedy show more then a continuation of the original, right? People seem to forget that they add some things from the original but just to make fun of. Don't take it seriously with the relationship of Robin and Starfire on this show.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Srebak is online now Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Although i didn't notice it first, this episode really fuels a growing issue i've had in regards to BB-related ships:

On one hand, i see how BB and Raven could make a cute couple (he keeps her life from being dour and gloomy 24/7 and she keeps him in line when necessary)

But on the other hand, BB and Terra just feel more compatible in personality (they're both kind of goofy and childish and Terra was the only titan to ever laugh at his jokes)

I'm kind of torn (keep in mind that this applies to the OS, the NS just helped make this point clearer)

Seriously, why do some Valentine's specials feel the need to leave someone broken hearted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Srebak View Post
    Seriously, why do some Valentine's specials feel the need to leave someone broken hearted?
    Because not everyone has someone on Valentine's Day.

Gold Guy is online now This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a pretty cute episode. And I liked the continuity we got for once. The Starfire heart gag made me go, "Snap", though. Wow, she goes far for Valentine's. 0_0
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Much better than the Christmas episode. This actually felt like a Valentine's Day episode and while it's mostly a Beast Boy/Raven episode, the other Titans got something to do. I wasn't expecting any big advancement with Robin and Starfire since she's been keeping him at arm's length this entire series. Cyborg and Jinx was fine, although it didn't feel like there was an ending (like maybe he did get to say something to her just as she had to go back to jail).

I like the idea that Raven is into BB but can't really express it and kind of hates herself for it and that comes out as attacking Terra viciously. I also like BB being in denial about Terra using him and, despite her obvious villainy, still sings that optimistic song for her. It was cute and enjoyable.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Actors Net is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there a general Teen Titans go thread or just episodes? If there is a general discussion thread, someone please reply with the link. Cannot seem to find one.

Before I even comment on the episode, I have to say what I don't like.

I don't like Raven and Beat Boy possibly being an item or having feelings for each other. It doesn't work on this show. I do think it's funny how BB tries to get Terra and Terra pushes him away. Those two are meant to be together whenever she turns good that is.

Everyone loves Robin and Star together. They belong together. It's like Superman and Lois Lane. It's the origin. Dating back from the comics when these characters and team were created. In the last series, she chased Robin. This time Robin is chasing her. I think it's super cute and hilarious I don't mind that. The whole "love like a brother" thing kinda sucked, but hopefully they'll turn it into something. Maybe loving someone like a brother means something else on her planet.. but not creepy..lol

The show could easily be ruined for me if they mess up Robin and Star's relationship.

This episode was good overall. I enjoy them all. Very funny and cute.

This show seems to be more like Teen Titans the kids. More like 13 or 14 year old teenagers. I love it and i think it's hilarious. I just hope they stick to the origins. I don't like change.

Maybe after this one they'll do a serious series. That would be cool.

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Actors Net View Post
    Is there a general Teen Titans go thread or just episodes? If there is a general discussion thread, someone please reply with the link. Cannot seem to find one.
    Found it on page 2. Here it is: "Teen Titans Go!" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource