toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this "Teen Titans Go!" Episode

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • ****1/2

1 20.00%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

1 20.00%

0 0%
  • *1/2

1 20.00%

0 0%
  • 1/2

2 40.00%
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Teen Titans Go! "Waffles" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

An all-new Teen Titans Go! episode debuts tonight at 7:30pm (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Discuss it here!

Teen Titans Go!
    "Waffles" airs Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 on Cartoon Network

Cyborg and Beast Boy show their love of waffles by making it the only word they say, much to the annoyance of the other Titans. Maybe Brother Blood can make them stop, with the help of his new henchman, Pain Bot.

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These episodes just keep getting worse and worse. I don't think I've really enjoyed a single episode written by John Loy.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is a weird thing to notice about this episode but this one actually made me appreciate John DiMaggio's range. I mean I never disliked the VA or anything but honestly he did seem like someone who never exactly had more then a couple of voices, and those you could usually tell apart decently easy. This one though actually reminds me that the guy actually has a range. Now granted Brother Blood wasn't my favorite in the original series since they didn't exactly capture the right mix of seriousness and comedy from the guy. Since he was obviously suppose to be taken seriously but had freak out moments that made him more of a goof then say Slade ever was. Plus besides super focus on Cyborg the guy never had much of a character. So in a weird way, I like him here. There is if not menance at least an actual serious tone to his voice that fits the situation, but the transistion to the more goofy actually works for how this show is. Plus I like the idea of the guy only being defeated by the fact the Titans annoyed him then anything else. I guess that is sort of a cliche but they played it off well, especially in actually showing (or sort of showing) his robot torturing Cy and Beast Boy and not getting information before the other Titans tried to waffle annoy him into annoyance. To be honest though I think the best bit of the episode was actually him capturing Robin, Starfire and Raven and getting them to confess due to them not wanting to be tortured and leaving it up to BB and Cy to do something. I also like how Starfire was honestly trying to understand the two's game at first but then got confused when they made it seem like they were saying it wrong, and them only stopping when the others ruined their game.

Still only a decent epiosde. Since like I feared though the idea seems funny for like 30 seconds, there was still a big chunk of this episode spent with the characters just saying waffle over and over again. And switching up whose doing it, giving it a song and even using it to advance the plot doesn't really lead to much comedic possibilities. Heh actually since this was John DiMaggio playing the role what if he had Brother Blood say "just saying waffle is stupid. Now a game based off of just saying silent with note cards? That's something worth doing". I also thought the ending was weak. I guess it isn't a total incontinuity episode since BB and Cy though severly injured aren't dead and could just free the others but again just feels like a more random ending then anything that funny. Plus I think maybe they should of started out with the two actually deciding to do the game instead of just doing it would of been better since it's hard to know if they're competting with each other or annoying the others or both. Eh still decent but truthfully mostly for Brother Blood. I know this show doesn't like reusing a lot of VAs besides the main 5 but seriously I hope they bring back DiMaggio for more episodes in the future. He seems like a baddie worth seeing again here.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I don't know about you guys, but I am excited about next week's episode. Cyborg and Jinx in a valentine's day episode, oright. Funny thing is the actual TTG comics did a valentine's day issue that focused on them. How ironic. I always thought that Jinx should had played more of a role in the Brother Blood arc, It was real interesting their relationship, and it was just swept under the rug after one episode.

I wonder if we get cameos from Kid Flash and Bumblebee.
    Last edited by zoombie; 02-07-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Zipp_Rezzeppa is offline No dice, Cowboy!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, that was pretty darn unbearable. That might just be the dumbest/most annoying episode of anything I've ever seen. I think this just about did it for me.

Gold Guy is online now This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode was really dumb, and the joke got old very fast.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    This episode was really dumb, and the joke got old very fast.
    Really? Sounds like I jumped ship just in time then

Gold Guy is online now This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordesman View Post
    Really? Sounds like I jumped ship just in time then
    Yeah, this was probably the worst episode of the show.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see what you mean, The only good parts were the song(the first time) and the pain bot. After like the 10th time it wasn't funny. Maybe they could have saved this plot if Beast Boy and Cyborg were the antagonists.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I couldn't watch it the first time. I tuned out like two minutes in.
    I'm glad I gave it another chance so I could see Brother Blood, and the Pain Bot.
    But yeah, this episode was pretty stupid.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Doguineta is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This has got to be the most stupid thing I've ever seen. And I loved it.

The waffles gimmick WAS starting to get annoying to me, but when BB and Cyborg started interacting with Brother Blood it became funny again.
    Nothing to see here, just keep on with what you were doing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the parts with Beast Boy and Cyborg ,while trying to save the other titans, saying just "Waffles" in their conversations as dialog was what took this episode down because it was unfunny and took too much of this episode. They dragged out this episode even more when they sang the waffles song again. It wasn't devoid of humor, they used the plot to their advantage in the breakfast scene and with Brother Blood.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, I thought this was the funniest episode in a while. But maybe I'm just saying that because I liked seeing Brother Blood. Helps that the comedy was balanced out with them actually being Teen Titans. Kind of like the episode where Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy are trapped in an elevator while Starfire and Raven have to deal with Dr. Light.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Eric Yeung is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is this why the original series should come back= =?

TheRavenfreak is offline Sonic and Raven! :3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well this episode was alright. Still not as bad as the episode "Gorilla" though. It had many funny moments and I loved seeing Brother Blood return, I just wish Slade would make a return at this point... Anyway I also got a kick out of the Pain Bot. xD I wonder how the Titans eventually got out of that cage though and if BB and Cy made it through the night. :V

Pac-Attack is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm officially done with Teen Titans Go!, this episode is where I draw the line. This show doesn't seem to be a TT parody now, it's just another dudebro show that should be called "Cyborg and Beast Boy's Radical Adventures".
    "I got a crap on deck that could choke a donkey."