toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this Movie - "Justice League: War"

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

5 25.00%
  • ****1/2

2 10.00%

3 15.00%
  • ***1/2

6 30.00%

1 5.00%
  • **1/2

2 10.00%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

1 5.00%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    NBM05 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    My only problem with this(and its a nit-pick), but how could Kalibak or Stepenwolf drag Darkeid anywhere? They aren't nearly as strong as he is.
    Darkside would have to be very beaten down from a long battle with the whole league (both eyes stabbed out and all the league pounding in him). Maybe he would even want Kaliback and Stepenwolf to pull him back, giving him a way out where he doesn't appear to retreat or give in. He would never admit that though, probably not even to himself, and the movie could have had a final Darkside scene of him mostly recovered and punishing Kaliback and Stepenwolf. At that point Darkside could even say they cost him so many parademons that he was going to need to rebuild his army before attacking again (which would have made much more sense than the league somehow knowing Darside was all out of mother boxes and couldn't rebuild more quickly (after all, Cyborg only needed one box to open tubes all over the world)).

I don't generally (or almost ever) propose alternate endings or story adjustments--I generally find them a waste of time--but I do feel the magic boom tubes (and Cyborg's complete unarguable mastery of Apokolyptan technology) hurt the movie and could easily have been avoided. I think the tubes hurt the movie enough and were so simple to avoid that I hope enough fan noise is made that the producers think about it before doing something like them again.
    Last edited by NBM05; 02-09-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    maczero posted:
    I'm fine with the parademon killing. Soldiers kill, police officers kill and I would too if I were in a life or death situation or the fate of the planet was at stake.
    That's fine, as far as it goes. However, the movie made a point of establishing Superman's code against killing when he confronted Batman. We should have seen Superman confront his internal conflict when faced with a global threat that couldn't be overcome through non-lethal means. We were cheated out of that.
    "One can only adore the internet and the opportunity it has proffered to that unignorable segment of the vox populi that
    has the acumen of a breath mint but until the web, was blissfully denied a global voice."
    - Harlan Ellison, July 23, 2013

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NBM05 View Post

Sixth (and probably worst), that Cyborg is such a master of mother boxes that he can rescue all the human victims by opening three tubes that magically suck all the victims back from Apokalypse. That was just terrible, and the movie would have been better if those victims had just been lost and the heroes had had to deal with not being able to save everyone.

The boom tube ending felt way too deus ex machina, and even though I enjoyed the movie quite a bit overall. It was much better before Cyborg opened the tubes. Honestly, the tubes took it from a fun movie for anyone to a fun movie for omic fans willing to overlook some pretty ridiculous stuff. Non fans can enjoy it too, but I think a lot will kind of laugh at how the tubes fix everything so magically and perfectly.
    Or alternatively, they could have just spent some time saving people... i mean instead of superman gettign captured and needing to be saved, they could have split into two teams; Heavy hitters(superman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam) take on darkseid and the parademons, while the more versatile heroes (Batman, GL, Cybrog and Flash) save the captured civilians. Or maybe even split into three with Batman and Cyborg saving the captured people, while Flash and GL handle damage control in the city to protect people from darksied and the parademons.

Honestly, the Boomtube ending is in part why i said that the saving lives aspect of the film felt tacked on... its like the film forgot that the heroes should save the abducties and thus, at the end, just had to give cyborg a "save everyone button" so that they could tie up the loose ends. Heck Cyborg doesn't even bother to tell them why people are being abducted and the team does not bother to ask. The film was A LOT more concerned with action and the fighting of villains and breaking stuff, than the actually seeing the heroes save people... saving lives took a backseat to all the action.

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly the heroes in this movie were horribly written, with awful personalities. I don't know if the comics are like this but if they are count me out. Only Batman and Cyborg came out being remotely like able in this movie:

- Hal was a jerk and an idiot throughout the entire movie.

- Superman came across as a bully. I agree with whoever said superman didn't come across as like able. What's with that stupid line, "What are you doing in Metropolis? This is my turf!" that made him sound mentally retarded. Since when does superman only protect a single city and refuse help from other heroes? Does this idiot save the day if Florida is being invaded or does he ignore it since it's not in Metropolis?

- Wonder Woman felt out of place, and not in the way they wanted her to be. Pointing her sword at everyone, the stares at Superman, ignoring Steve Trevor.
    I agree with the man who said she dressed like a bimbo.

- Flash was just kinda dull. He didn't do much in the movie anyway.

- Shazam was alright, but again nothing too memorable.

This Justice League was a bore. They didn't even want to be a team at the end. The new 52 must be awful if its anything like this.

Lighthammer is offline Bringer of the Light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NBM05 View Post
    As to the Tuckerverse; I think right now it's just War and Flashpoimt (Flaspont showing how the new 52 was created), but going forward they said they plan 2 Tuckerverse and 1 standalone movie per year.
    Is Flashpoint considered part of Tuckerverse? I know its kind of on the precipice of it being the last movie Bruce Timm worked on, but I didn't know it was thought to have or officially sanctioned as being part of Tuckerverse in any capacity. Though its not a direct tie in, its an interesting lead in with that train of that; win lose or draw.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Has it been confirmed that the Atlantis attacks storyline is an upcoming film?
    No. All they have done is heavily hint Aquaman will be featured in an upcoming film. But with the mid-credits teaser being very similar to what was seen in the comics, it's pretty much 99.9% confirmed there's going to be a Justice League adaptation of Throne of Atlantis. Heath Corson might even be back to pen that one. We know both he and Bob Goodman will be back writing more screenplays.

A few of you mentioned that JL: War is part of the "Tuckerverse". What other films are part of the Tuckerverse and do they share continuity?
    Just War and Son of Batman so far. The Flashpoint Paradox (TFP) is not directly canon with it since the timeline is still altered and most of the stuff is apocryphal such as the Justice League originally teamed up to fight Starro but in the New 52/Animated, the outcome The Flashpoint Paradox altered it so they came together fighting Darkseid and Shazam replaced Aquaman. But I'm guessing the TFP epilogue in the Batcave takes place after the events of War to account for Flash's new costume? But the teaser takes place before the epilogue and obviously before War? <gone cross eyed>

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Does this idiot save the day if Florida is being invaded or does he ignore it since it's not in Metropolis?
    He left Metropolis to save Air Force One...

Wonder Woman felt out of place, and not in the way they wanted her to be. Pointing her sword at everyone, the stares at Superman, ignoring Steve Trevor.
    I agree with the man who said she dressed like a bimbo.
    I actually liked Wonder Woman in this. It was an interesting correlation of worldly naivety and Amazon warrior. Sure, that moment with ice cream, but when there was a battle to fight, she switched to the ultimate fighter. She was pretty much the best fighter among the heroes and led them for the most part towards the end. If anything, she kind of stole the movie spotlight from Cyborg, imo. Bimbo? At least she's more covered up in this incarnation. Giving her those pants or leggings I've seen in New 52 teasers might come later on.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 8, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just can't stand Superman when he's written like this. He comes across as an oaf and a bully. Nothing like Bruce Timm's Superman or the one from the previous movie with Supergirl.

BigFatHairyDeal is online now Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pointing a sword at a guy while making conversation when the tone is serious is probably bad writing. Pointing a sword at a guy while making conversation when the intent is to be humorous probably isn't a sign of quality writing, either, but at least I know they're trying to be ridiculous.

Lighthammer is offline Bringer of the Light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Just War and Son of Batman so far. The Flashpoint Paradox (TFP) is not directly canon with it since the timeline is still altered and most of the stuff is apocryphal such as the Justice League originally teamed up to fight Starro but in the New 52/Animated, the outcome The Flashpoint Paradox altered it so they came together fighting Darkseid and Shazam replaced Aquaman. But I'm guessing the TFP epilogue in the Batcave takes place after the events of War to account for Flash's new costume? But the teaser takes place before the epilogue and obviously before War? <gone cross eyed>
    I can half imagine smoke coming out of your ears too as you try to reconcile this.

Ed Liu is online now Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthammer View Post
    Alternatively, said reaction could have been an "off screen" thing.

I know it sounds like I am uncharacteristically trying to give this movie a "pass"; trust me I'm not. I'm just trying to recognize the hardships of the format.
    If you're going to try an "off-screen" explanation, then you'd need to point to some evidence somewhere that it happened, or should have happened, and I don't see any. Balanced against the one line of Batman saying, "You don't kill people" is an un-mind-controlled Superman blasting Parademons with heat vision and using a tanker truck like a baseball bat to slam them around while joking about it. If you want to go with "off-screen remorse" for killing Desaad after all that, I think that's something you're bringing in with you, not something that's there in the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I actually liked Wonder Woman in this. It was an interesting correlation of worldly naivety and Amazon warrior. Sure, that moment with ice cream, but when there was a battle to fight, she switched to the ultimate fighter. She was pretty much the best fighter among the heroes and led them for the most part towards the end. If anything, she kind of stole the movie spotlight from Cyborg, imo. Bimbo? At least she's more covered up in this incarnation. Giving her those pants or leggings I've seen in New 52 teasers might come later on.
    This reminded me of one other thing that kind of annoyed me about this movie. The people gathered to protest Wonder Woman had a point: apparently, in some super-powered punch-up, she caused several million dollars worth of property damage. Presumably, she also put lots and lots of people in peril from the immediate battle, and from the cleanup efforts afterwards. The way the movie dealt with this was to reveal that the guy leading the protest was a secret cross-dresser (which is new to the movie). Even though the line Wonder Woman got afterwards about, "My outfit makes me feel powerful, too," is a good line, well-delivered, and a wink to the audience to explain her otherwise ridiculous outfit, I'd have found another way to get it in there. The people gathered there have legitimate grievances, but they got ignored for a pretty stupid reason. Unless everyone in the crowd protesting Wonder Woman was ALSO secretly dressing up as Wonder Woman because they admired her.

It's a moment that completely undermines one of the things people tend to like about this "New 52" League: that people didn't like or trust the superheroes until they were confronted with an extinction-level event that only the superheroes could save them from. I can live with that as a plot point, but the one and only guy who is supposed to represent the people slamming on Wonder Woman reveals that he secretly admires her. Buh? And would this moment have made any sense if the gender roles were reversed, and a woman were saying she secretly cross-dressed as the Flash because "it made her feel powerful"? Horseradish.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings