toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Target-Exclusive “JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time” Movie Hitting DVD on January 21st, 2014

Like This Thread!
    Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has confirmed that the original all-ages animated feature JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time will hit DVD on January 21st, 2014. The DVD-only release will be available only at US Target locations starting next week. Click the image below for a closer look at the cover art.

Dubbed a "stealth release," wherein a home entertainment product is given no promotion and limited availability due to its perceived audience reach, JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time is an all-new original movie featuring the Justice League facing off against the Legion of Doom. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has currently not provided any official details about the animated movie, but producer Giancarlo Volpe (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) has recently taken to social media to drop a few tidbits.

With a runtime of roughly 52 minutes, Volpe called the animated feature an "all-new adventure, featuring the Justice League and the Legion of Doom, plus a couple curve balls." Volpe also stated that the movie features design work by Lynell Forestall (DC Nation), and includes the traditional Justice League line-up along with a few new additions, like Robin and Karate Kid.

Additional details can be found at The World's Finest.

The talkback for this movie will go live Tuesday morning.

Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting, Karate Kid being part of the Justice League is very left field, but is so is this movie. I'll wait for a review before picking this up.
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Hero Supreme is offline Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in. Hope there is more than a "stealth response" as I would love to see more of these types of projects.
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

Ed Liu is offline Grumpy Gorilla
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I vaguely recognize the winged woman in the upper-left corner of the cover art over Superman's shoulder. I wanted to guess that it was a member of the Global Guardians, but looking them up now shows that the only possible match is Owlwoman, but she's also not the character I was thinking of. Someone help a brother out?

Either way, an interesting change-up from DC Animation in a number of different ways. I wonder if this isn't an outgrowth of the DC Nation shorts program rather than the DTV side of things.

EDIT: Two other random thoughts. If the "Adventures" tag is meaningful, it might be a callback to the assorted "adventures" titles during the BTAS-to-JL era, where the tie-in comics distinguished themselves from the mainline comics as Batman Adventures or Justice League Adventures. Perhaps this is a field test to see if there's demand for G-to-PG-related DTVs instead of the PG-13 territory the existing DTVs have staked out?

The other item is that the Karate Kid is a Legion of Superheroes character, so his appearing on the cover and in the comments announced so far also tie in to the "Trapped in Time" title since he's supposed to be in the 31st century. The LoSH show apparently had an episode with him in it, but I hadn't ever seen it. Also makes me wonder if the winged woman in the cover art is another Legion member, but I definitely don't know enough about them in the comics to guess who it is.

EDIT x2: And RoryWilliams correctly identifies winged woman as Dawnstar from the LoSH. So this looks like a JL/Legion teamup of sorts. Interesting.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something."
    -- Jake the Dog, Adventure Time, "His Hero"

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    I vaguely recognize the winged woman in the upper-left corner of the cover art over Superman's shoulder. I wanted to guess that it was a member of the Global Guardians, but looking them up now shows that the only possible match is Owlwoman, but she's also not the character I was thinking of. Someone help a brother out?
    Isn't that Dawnstar from the Legion of Superheroes? I assumed she was there because of Karate Kid.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If anyone gets this I'd like to see the full cast listing.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Kevin Conroy is Batman then I will buy this for that reason alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like Diedrich Bader is Batman again.

This is an odd one, isn't it?

Why release something with no significant purpose? It doesn't sound like it's here to kickstart an animated series, a PG DTV line, a toyline or anything for that matter. Just a random product that took over a year to make, just so you can sell it to a very limited auidence?
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

Sunnydee is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This sounds interesting. I like the idea that it might be more light hearted than some of the more serious DTV movies they've put out in the past.

But why was it being kept a secret? It's okay if they don't want to give it any official promotion, but shouldn't people (the people who put it together) be able to talk about it on twitter or something? Rather than all of a sudden saying it comes out in less than a week?

I'm interested, but like Dragonpiece said, I think I'll need to see a review of it first before I buy it.

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
    Sounds like Diedrich Bader is Batman again.

This is an odd one, isn't it?

Why release something with no significant purpose? It doesn't sound like it's here to kickstart an animated series, a PG DTV line, a toyline or anything for that matter. Just a random product that took over a year to make, just so you can sell it to a very limited auidence?
    Diedrich Bader? Where's that from?

It is a strange one, I keep thinking is this gonna be a below par film like Brainiac Attacks or something better than that but also viewable for the kiddies. (Kind of like the Marvel Young Avengers film).

also I'm wondering if I'm gonna be able to get this at all cause I live in the UK.
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast