toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    BlackoutCreature is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthammer View Post
    I'm actually sorry to be a bit blunt on this note, but malls are only a big part of the urban scene for those who live around them. When you starting talking to and meeting people who don't live around a mall, they don't really CARE about malls. This a lot of areas of this country you could go where people will outright think your crazy if you want to go "hang out at the mall".

Look at our cast of characters:

You have a farm boy, a rich kid, a military brat a science nerd, two extraterrestrials and a chick who lived in a facsimile of ancient Rome her entire live. Do ANY of these characters she was hanging out with give you the least bit of an impression that during the weekend or during down time the first thing that comes to their mind is "LETS GO HANG OUT AT THE MALL"? Certainly not! In most cases, I think most of them pretty much outright avoided the malls.

Diana *TRULY* had no reason to go to a mall in her entire time living outside Themyscira. As a matter of fact until Dinah Lance, Brea De Costa, Mari Jiwe McCabe, Zatanna Zatara and Kara Kent joined the league; other girls she might be prone to hang out with, its pretty likely she didn't indulge in too many "girl activities" that Bruce Wayne (whom she had a pseduo relationship with at the end of Justice League) wasn't directly introducing her too.
    And again, going to a mall is one thing, not knowing what a mall is another. I can accept she and the other JL'ers never felt it was necessary to go shopping at a mall. But there is no excuse for being on this world for six months and not knowing what a shopping mall is. NONE. Not unless you purposely completely isolated yourself from just about every bit of pop culture that's happening at the time. It would mean she did not watch any television in that six months, not gone on the internet, not picked up a newspaper, and during all her global crimefighting happened to be unlucky enough to never encountered a person who wanted to rob a mall or something. In addition to being so completely unlikely it's unfathomable, it also completely contradicts the Wonder Woman we saw at the end of "Secret Origins". J'Onn I could believe would do that, maybe Hawkgirl, but not Diana.

Lighthammer is offline Bringer of the Light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whelp... I just feel your perspective suggests you haven't lived any place a mall ISNT a center piece

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mod Note: Get back on topic everyone, please. Thank you.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On topic? I was enjoying a very thorough breakdown of Season 1 of Justice League. This is very on-topic.

I definitely assumed that WW and MM were just in the Watchtower and not really exploring, one reason why they're close throughout the show.

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    On topic? I was enjoying a very thorough breakdown of Season 1 of Justice League. This is very on-topic.

I definitely assumed that WW and MM were just in the Watchtower and not really exploring, one reason why they're close throughout the show.
    BlackOutCreature wanted to end the topic but it kept going so I'm ending it. The end.

If BlackOut changed his/her mind and wants to keep going, I'm fine with that.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mojo25 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was their first attempt at making a team show after like a decade of doing shows centered on a single hero, that's a rough transition. And it's not uncommon for shows to have bumpy beginnings, I think the first season of Teen Titans for example was much weaker than most of the rest of the show (expect for the S3 main arc, that was really disappointing after season 2). And though the second half of Season one of Young Justice is consistently great the first half has quite a few pretty weak episodes and odd moments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    BlackOutCreature wanted to end the topic but it kept going so I'm ending it. The end.

If BlackOut changed his/her mind and wants to keep going, I'm fine with that.
    Well --- he kept it going --- I gave him the all mighty "agree to disagree" out, but just because someone wants to end their part of the conversation, doesn't mean its "off topic". To quote Greg Weisman "Once its out in the open, its public domain". If BlackOutCreature wants to end this stem of the convo, then end it; don't keep picking at it; that's not how you end a conversation or topic. If you really CAN'T find that middle ground, you can always agree to disagree and all other parties should hopefully agree to move on.

PMing you and asking to get the topic back on topic almost feels like wanting to end the convo with a win then that agreement to disagree (which should always be fine).

BlackoutCreature is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I apologize if I was out of line in how I handled this discussion. I wanted to end this particular part of the conversation originally because it seemed obvious to me that me and Lighthammer disagreed on this point completely and continuing to argue in circles over it would only pointlessly dominate the thread and possibly lead it off-topic (this thread is about the problems with JL season one, not my issues with Wonder Woman's character on the show in general) or make it a personal argument. Basically my way of "agreeing to disagree". I picked it back up because I felt instead of disagreeing with my point, Lighthammer completely missed it (it's not that we never saw her go mall hopping as much as how unfathomable it would be for her not to even know what one was). Maybe I was being a little selfish in trying to get the last word as well. If Lighthammer would like to pick this point back up then I'm game, I just don't think it's going to get either of us or the thread in general anywhere.

I do hope this thread continues though as I would like to offer my insight on other issues I had with season one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apology accepted, thanks for being big enough to say it! The best part of discussions is when two people can have different ideas and be open to the others ideas and walk away with a better understanding of each others insights =). There should never be a reason to walk away from a convo feeling burnt unless you're not open enough to at least consider the other person's opinions (agree or disagree, ultimately).

Due to this thread, I've been rewatching my Justice League videos; man am I realizing how dated my videos are ---- I need to look into if they ever released higher quality videos, there is such a difference between my Justice League and Justice League Unlimited videos its no even funny --- less digress.

I have to admit, as a whole, I think I'm actually feeling Justice League Unlimited was better then Justice League. Justice League felt too isolated, too systematic, too episodic. After a fashion, I think that's what you / we might be feeling. In Season 1 of Justice League that was more pronounced then in Season 2.

The odd part is, by contrast, Batman TAS Season 4, Superman TAS Season 2 and 3 and Batman Beyond, though still episodic in nature, seem to feel like they have a driving nature to them; one I can't fully and rationally explain just now. Each of those examples seem to "better" answer back to previous episodes making it feel like there is some sort of arch. Justice League Unlimited, particularly season 2 and season 3 CERTAINLY had an arch and felt watchable piecemeal but could had a momentum about them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3