toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    ShadowBlinky is online now Let There Be Snow...man!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

"The Modifyers" looked like it would have been fun, too (that's as far off-topic as I'm going to go).
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Martian Manhunter show, myself.

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For you guys claiming low toy sales, I feel like that is an excuse. If a network exec is getting a series with good ratings they should just keep it going. If the show does not perform then it's time to axe it. However as I stated before kids have too many options for entertainment consummation. There are videogamers that kill 8 hours, then torrent uploading that make it easier for kids to skip the 'programmed'film time, and multiple other life issues. To blame low toy sales is a valid excuse, but among many others.

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would kill for a Animal Man or a Superman cartoon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think a new Superman series as well a new Justice League series are likely. Also, do you think a DC comedy series on Adult Swim could work, perhaps a revamped Superfriends series a la Sealab 2021 or Harvey Birdman, since a DC action series is a no go?
    Last edited by Heeroyuy_Batman; 11-08-2013 at 12:20 AM.

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    For you guys claiming low toy sales, I feel like that is an excuse. If a network exec is getting a series with good ratings they should just keep it going. If the show does not perform then it's time to axe it. However as I stated before kids have too many options for entertainment consummation. There are videogamers that kill 8 hours, then torrent uploading that make it easier for kids to skip the 'programmed'film time, and multiple other life issues. To blame low toy sales is a valid excuse, but among many others.
    Absolutely- Cartoon Network will truly be on track if the big heads realize ratings and viewership are first and foremost and merchandising comes second. This argument about a show getting pulled because of low merchandising sales is flat out baloney. Furthermore, CN needs to be gender neutral, once again- that's why I've been speaking highly of Donna Speciale eventually becoming CN's next president. Now, getting back to the main topic, I say split D.C. Nation into 2 separate programs- D.C. Nation Saturday(90 min. long) with Teen Titans Go, new versions of both Plastic Man and Shazam with Captain Marvel, it's for those who like the comedic side of superhero cartoons; D.C. Nation Sunday(1 hr. long) with Aquaman: King of the Seas, joining the underwater hero with Beware the Batman, if it returns, because there are still episodes that haven't aired- that's for those fans of animated action/drama.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any chances of new animated series going to Netflix or another subscription outlet? Marvel's announcement gives me some hope that Netflix could provide a model for making lesser known properties profitable and that could possibly for animation.

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Any chances of new animated series going to Netflix or another subscription outlet? Marvel's announcement gives me some hope that Netflix could provide a model for making lesser known properties profitable and that could possibly for animation.
    I think it's possible. I remember vaguely about some news earlier this year that Netflix made a deal with DreamWorks for new animated shows and were about to make deals with CBS and Warner but I lost track of if it happened or not (or it might have been a streaming deal that included CN shows).
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

DW AuZumzaq is offline DISABILITY WITHOUT PITY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    The desire to promote toy lines isn't a cause for the lack of interest in a lucrative market. It is the effect of an assumption that action animation is for kids.
    To nuke that assumption, it's gonna take a long hard focused capriciously winnable reeducation campaign, wouldn't you say?
    The conclusion/victory of said campaign might not be easily reachable, but I sincerely/wholeheartedly ask: WHY NOT FEAR NOT?
    "Yes, I'm GUILTY of LIKING, LOVING and RESPECTING BROADS, and there's NOT A JURY IN THE WORLD that would CONVICT ME."

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Was it specifically stated to be 3 new animated series? If it wasn't, then I can see WB announcing the live-action Hourman and Constantine shows for the CW (if they pick up the shows after the pilots are developed, which have been confirmed to be starting production) along with a new animated show that is either a Batman/ Superman show (or Batman/ Superman/ Nightwing? You know, if all those Nightwing rumours really are true, we almost have complete confirmation of it as it is, and 2015 is Dick's 75th, and it would definitely go with DC giving Dick the push to his former, pre-New 52, glory with Forever Evil) or a Justice League show.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW AuZumzaq View Post
    To nuke that assumption, it's gonna take a long hard focused capriciously winnable reeducation campaign, wouldn't you say?
    It's not a particularly winnable argument. The attitude is so ingrained in society that it isn't likely to change anytime soon. Pretty much every attempt at marketing non-comedy cartoons to adults has failed.
    And the splintering of the TV audience (meaning that individual shows are getting less and less viewers) makes the merchandising aspect all the more important in the eyes of the execs. The viewership is much smaller than it was in the 90's so part of the way to recoup those losses is the money you get from tie-ins and such.

brickrrb2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With our luck one of them is gonna be a show of those preschool Super Friends toys

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2 View Post
    With our luck one of them is gonna be a show of those preschool Super Friends toys
    If it's good, that's fine with me.

brickrrb2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 11-09-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: image is too big

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing26 View Post
    Was it specifically stated to be 3 new animated series?
    It was specifically stated in this Variety article from September 12. In the last paragraph, rather easy to miss compared to the main topic.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    It was specifically stated in this Variety article from September 12. In the last paragraph, rather easy to miss compared to the main topic.
    Thanks, and just to let you know I actually didn't even read the article so that explains why I didn't know about it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why would they remake a show that just got cancelled not too long ago?

AvengersFan is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there ANY hope for a continuation of YJ? Like when JL went to JLU.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, probably not. JL went out on top and was successful. They were also teasing the new JLU status quo right at the end of Starcrossed.
    Whereas YJ's merchandise bombed and the show was killed by long hiatuses, so it's not likely there's going to be a continuation.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this was meant to be a sarcastic quip, but a show like that could actually work if done well. It would have instant appeal with younger viewers and would fit in with the bright, colorful and wacky style show that CN seems to want right now. Plus, no lie, if it were good, I'd watch it.

Be Great if it could be something like this

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ho-d6amv47.jpg
    Been there, done that.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 11-10-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This would be the best JLA show they could do...
    Super Friends. by YaleStewart on deviantART

This series is hilarious.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5