toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master C View Post
    I hope that at least one of them is a dark series that can perhaps go to Adult Swim.
    I can almost guarantee that's not going to happen. Warner Bros. isn't interested in producing a DC action cartoon series aimed at adults because there'd be no profit stream in that. Adults don't buy action figures, fast food meals, backpacks and assorted swag the way kids do, and actions toons rely heavily on merch sales to sustain them since they're more expensive to produce than comedy cartoons. The last thing these DC action toons need is an even smaller niche audience.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would definitely welcome a Superman series. Like I said before awhile back, long overdue. There should have been a tie in with Man of Steel and Superman: Unbound but since the sequel to the former is coming up, they should really consider getting Supes another animated solo series. But I imagine they'll just make a Superman/Batman series. Not that it has to be run by Bruce Timm but I admit it would be interested to see how he would approach a Superman series now that he's done a couple of movies namely All-Star Superman that changed a couple of his thoughts on the character.

The Flash is another one I think is long overdue. He's got a cool rogues (and sometimes loveable) gallery like Batman. The show would write itself.

I know it won't happen but I still wish James Tucker would have been able to make this Wonder Woman animated series.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 8, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

reflection is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Amazing how the 18-49 audience is prized across TV except for action animation.

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've kind of lost hope when it came to DC shows on CN. Unless it's action/comedy, or full on comedy, I don't expect it to last long.
    Maybe they should make something for Adult Swim instead.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    It's not exactly that. It's that if they make it for kids on a kids network they want kids watching because that's what the advertisers are paying for.

At any rate I hope for a new Superman series, a Wonder Woman animated series and a either a Justice League series or a Flash series that maybe has use of other heroes.

No more Batman for a while.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

firefoxprime is offline 90s = Golden Years
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    ppffffff. Thank God for Japan. A culture that appreciates animation for all ages. Kinda.
    Anime currently watching:

Hanasaku Iroha , Gad Guard, Birdy the Mighty, Eden of the East, Chromo Shelled Regios

I, Spyral is offline Moonrider
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    I can almost guarantee that's not going to happen. Warner Bros. isn't interested in producing a DC action cartoon series aimed at adults because there'd be no profit stream in that. Adults don't buy action figures, fast food meals, backpacks and assorted swag the way kids do, and actions toons rely heavily on merch sales to sustain them since they're more expensive to produce than comedy cartoons. The last thing these DC action toons need is an even smaller niche audience.
    I'm pretty sure Toonami is watched by people in their late teens and early 20s.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to get Japanese studio to produce it, and air it on Toonami at the same time.

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I want a fun new JLA show (no Nu 52) ...

Actually I imagine it is a a new Superman show for the recent and upcoming MOS 2.
    The other could be a YJ style JL show. (Probably NU 52 though... Blegghhh.)
    The third is probably YJ coming back... J/K

I would like a new Superman show for now days like STAS was for the 90's... Again I would hope the NU 52 costume would be out and they would redesign or use the cooler looking MOS suit.

.... Another possibility could be a Superman the Brave and the Bold show!!! That would be so amazingly amazing, that it would just be amazing! I mean come on?... how cool would that be if they made a show like that?... Plus they could meld it to the existing BATB Universe. YES!!! ....Plus BMTBATB is coming on BD tomorrow... Hint hint WBA! lol

Some of these are personal wish lists, but some are actual guesses.

D.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo-god View Post
    I'm pretty sure Toonami is watched by people in their late teens and early 20s.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to get Japanese studio to produce it, and air it on Toonami at the same time.
    People in their late late teens and early 20s do watch Toonami, but not enough of them to justify the cost of DC producing an original animated series to run on Adult Swim Toonami. The thing of it is that a DC animated series that's aimed at teens and 20-somethings wouldn't be able to have an accompanying toy line, and DC wants that. There'd be little to no merchandising potential for an animated action series aimed at teens and young adults, and action cartoons are too expensive to keep producing if only a handful of people are going to watch. Like Sketch already said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch
    It's not exactly that. It's that if they make it for kids on a kids network they want kids watching because that's what the advertisers are paying for.
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 11-04-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty
    A Superman the Brave and the Bold show!!! That would be so amazingly amazing, that it would just be amazing! I mean come on?... how cool would that be if they made a show like that?... Plus they could meld it to the existing BATB Universe. YES!!! ....Plus BMTBATB is coming on BD tomorrow... Hint hint WBA! lol
    This. A DC Comics Presents show would be the perfect way to celebrate Big Blue's 75th anniversary. Truth be told, we probably should have gotten that instead of Beware the Batman.

I also like Goldstar Neo's idea of a kiddie Super Friends/Justice League type show. The lighter, bright and colorful toyetic approach would entice the kiddies and it would fit in with the wacky type of programming that CN is going for right now. It would also be an effective way of getting obscure DC characters who'd otherwise have little to no chance of getting their own shows some air time, which would in turn make kids curious to learn more about them, which could in turn help boost comic book sales. It could be like the Plastic Man, Animal Man, Metal Men, Super Pets and DC Farm League shorts on DC Nation, but in series form.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.