toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    What sucks is 12 years ago Justice league was on air for two years with only $100 maquettes and a subway promotion... So actually it lasted for 2 years without any real huge merchandising really... except oh yeah people liked it. lol... But then it lasted an additional 3 years after Mattel started bringing out toys, lol.... Anyways my main point is that not all shows require toy lines, coloring books, or dozens of McDonalds promos to last. They just need proper treatment on a promotional side and in terms of animation and writing. I like BTB, but fear that CN is not promoting it well enough (just like GLTAS) they just don't promote BTB, TTG, and many others like their precious Adventure Time. Yes, I know for some crazy reason people really like that show... I'm just sayin... I think that if they started promoting all of their other shows the same as they do AT.... Maybe we would have longer seasons and possibly more shows on BD.... Maybe, lol... I am no genius on marketing, just a wanna be animator and filmmaker with a "will do" attitude... and $27 dollars to his name. D.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

Coach McGuirk is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I can understand why some people are being fatalistic about the series, but it ain't cancelled. Fact: It's on hiatus and still in active production.

The proverbial nail in the coffin will be the Spring Upfront next year. If it ain't on the roster, that's pretty much iron clad it isn't being renewed.
    I guess I'm just bracing for the worst. I mean realistically, what would be the benefit of completely removing the show from the network? Wouldn't CN want the show to stay on in the hopes of continuing to build a fan base? If they need more time to work on new episodes, that's still no reason to pull the show. They have aired 11 episodes so far, so that's plenty of material to play with, since the show is only on 2 days a week.

I believe a big part of the problem is the timeslot. BTB is written well enough that I think it would appeal to a demographic other than the Saturday morning crowd. I could see teenagers and young adults getting into the show, but they don't even know it exists. CN should give the show a chance by airing it one or two evenings a week, and seeing what comes from it. Oh, and maybe they could, you know, advertise it. It wouldn't be a terrible thing to try something new. We don't need 2 hours or so of Seth McFarlane programming every night, or blocks and blocks of Regular Show. I know that this has no chance of ever happening, but come on, this is Batman we're talking about here. Batman already has a built-in audience, and if BTB fails, it is because of CN's handling of the show.

As I'm seeing this talk of Mattel and how they seem reluctant to get behind this show, I have to wonder why. Here we have a golden opportunity for Mattel to make new figures. There has never been a Magpie, or Anarchy, or Pyg and Toad, Lady Shiva, etc. (At least to my knowledge.) There could even be a Katana figure. If it's true that Mattel is shy about it because they just want more Joker, Two-Face, etc., then that's absurd, because they would be passing up a slew of new characters ripe for the selling. I was one that hated "The Batman". However, Mattel made figures of Firefly and Killer Moth. Both had never been done before. Now if this mentality that they can't make figures based on any non big name villains is true, then how did these guys get made? BTB was a chance to open up Batman's rogues gallery and introduce a bigger audience to some lesser known rogues. That would have paid off in the long run, by creating more characters that were marketable. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    What sucks is 12 years ago Justice league was on air for two years with only $100 maquettes and a subway promotion... So actually it lasted for 2 years without any real huge merchandising really... except oh yeah people liked it. lol... But then it lasted an additional 3 years after Mattel started bringing out toys, lol.... Anyways my main point is that not all shows require toy lines, coloring books, or dozens of McDonalds promos to last. They just need proper treatment on a promotional side and in terms of animation and writing. I like BTB, but fear that CN is not promoting it well enough (just like GLTAS) they just don't promote BTB, TTG, and many others like their precious Adventure Time. Yes, I know for some crazy reason people really like that show... I'm just sayin... I think that if they started promoting all of their other shows the same as they do AT.... Maybe we would have longer seasons and possibly more shows on BD.... Maybe, lol... I am no genius on marketing, just a wanna be animator and filmmaker with a "will do" attitude... and $27 dollars to his name. D.
    I agree with you, CN is in love with Adventure Time. And Regular Show. I don't even care for these shows, but that's not the point. The point is, if CN only likes a handful of its shows, then they should stop wasting time greenlighting shows they don't want. Just air blocks and blocks of Adventure Time and Regular Show, and any time left over can be filled up with Seth McFarlane tripe. Since CN is in love with bizarre humor these days, maybe they could even hire Seth McFarlane to create a new Batman show, one more in line with what CN desires to see. I'm sure Seth could come up with a really awesome take, probably while sitting on the toilet, which is where he gets most of his ideas.

EDIT: Posts merged. Do not post more than once in a row. Use the "Edit Post" option to add content to your post.

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    Mattel sold justice League action figures for years. Towards the end, they were target exclusives and then sold on mattycollector after target dropped the line. But the Mattel retail team for DC isn't answering questions on mattycollector so I don't know if we'll know anything before toyfair

Wan
    Wan is offline The First Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    I'm happy to see BTB coming to DVD.
    Me too and I hope it sells enough copies to justify a continuation of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    Seeing how we may not see another Batman film for five years.
    Batman vs Superman will be released in 2015 which is only two years away. DC could be planning a Worlds Finest cartoon as a tie-in. That could explain the sudden cancellation of Beware the Batman.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan View Post
    Me too and I hope it sells enough copies to justify a continuation of the show. Batman vs Superman will be released in 2015 which is only two years away. DC could be planning a Worlds Finest cartoon as a tie-in. That could explain the sudden cancellation of Beware the Batman.
    Or they're holding off on new episodes until a toyline is in stores. I didn't get answers at comikaze but the Mattel retail people weren't there

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there really any hope of that? A fair number of episodes have already aired so I'd think it'd be too late to suddenly get kids interested in action figures. Most action shows have their merchandise ready to roll fairly early on. Hell I was seeing Avengers Assemble toys at local stores a full month or two ahead of the premier.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They aren't making a toyline for this show, just the one figure from the DCU line.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Wan
    Wan is offline The First Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the DVD sells well they could burn off the remaining episodes during summer 2014.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    Is there really any hope of that? A fair number of episodes have already aired so I'd think it'd be too late to suddenly get kids interested in action figures. Most action shows have their merchandise ready to roll fairly early on. Hell I was seeing Avengers Assemble toys at local stores a full month or two ahead of the premier.
    While Ultimate Spiderman got a toyline just when it's second season started. So far, two beware the batman figures are confirmed. One is currently shipping as part of the 6" batman unlimited/legacy line that's being phased out. The other was shown at NYCC and was in 4" scale but no further details were given. An BtB Anarky figure was announced at toyfair earlier this year but if it shows up, I'm guessing it'll be in 4" scale. If it doesn't, well, Mattel better hope it doesn't come to that.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan View Post
    If the DVD sells well they could burn off the remaining episodes during summer 2014.
    It's been stated new episodes start January 2014. They might be planning to air it all from January to April in similar fashion to the airing of the back half of Young Justice: Invasion this year.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: October 20, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource