toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
Loading

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 501
  1. #251
    Aaron's Avatar
    Aaron is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    Critics seemed to like the show. The only people hating it were whiny fanboys, and Batman probably has the biggest collection of fanboys there are out there. I've been a Batman fan my whole life.
    I'm a professional critic. And I'm a fan/fanboy. But I did not enjoy the show.
    Please, don't generalize. Nobody likes it.

    That aside... You're absolutely right about wasted opportunity. Cartoon Network needs to get slapped around hard by WB. They need a wake-up call. Green Lantern, Young Justice, and now BtB, all cancelled without given any chance to succeed. WB needs to find another channel perhaps? I'm not sure how to fix the current problem. But, something needs to be done.

  2. #252
    Hordesman's Avatar
    Hordesman is offline slashor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bobobo World
    Posts
    3,579
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm a professional critic. And I'm a fan/fanboy. But I did not enjoy the show. Please, don't generalize. Nobody likes it. That aside... You're absolutely right about wasted opportunity. Cartoon Network needs to get slapped around hard by WB. They need a wake-up call. Green Lantern, Young Justice, and now BtB, all cancelled without given any chance to succeed. WB needs to find another channel perhaps? I'm not sure how to fix the current problem. But, something needs to be done.
    I'm wondering if the Jla adventures DVD is some sort of pilot- they see the sales on it and we get an announcement during toyfair or cn upfront. But I'm pretty close to cutting back on Mattel, DC and cn. I'll wait on how it pans out but I'm getting annoyed and antsy. This is my favorite show on tv right now and I miss a lot of shows cn has cancelled over the years,

  3. #253
    Sonic_Eclipse's Avatar
    Sonic_Eclipse is offline Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is getting their shows on other networks even an option available to WB, being under the Time-Warner umbrella and with Kids'WB being gone one would think they can't go anywhere else but CN. Surely they would be doing it already if they could go elsewhere right?

    I'm aware that currently The Hub, and in the past Jetix/Disney XD has aired WB shows, but I think that works a little differently since those are reruns and not premieres.

  4. #254
    Greg91's Avatar
    Greg91 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm a professional critic. And I'm a fan/fanboy. But I did not enjoy the show.
    Please, don't generalize. Nobody likes it.
    Wait, when did everyone say they didn't like the show? Some people like it, some people don't. It's all about opinions.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    N.Ireland
    Posts
    1,097
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic_Eclipse View Post
    Is getting their shows on other networks even an option available to WB, being under the Time-Warner umbrella and with Kids'WB being gone one would think they can't go anywhere else but CN. Surely they would be doing it already if they could go elsewhere right?

    I'm aware that currently The Hub, and in the past Jetix/Disney XD has aired WB shows, but I think that works a little differently since those are reruns and not premieres.
    Well, FOX will soon be airing Gotham in the Fall (or Spring if it becomes a mid-season replacement)... so, yes, I believe WB can sell their shows to other networks if they so choose.

    Problem is, apart from The Hub, I can't see too many networks being really interested.
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

    I'll miss you dad xx

  6. #256
    Sonic_Eclipse's Avatar
    Sonic_Eclipse is offline Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
    Well, FOX will soon be airing Gotham in the Fall (or Spring if it becomes a mid-season replacement)... so, yes, I believe WB can sell their shows to other networks if they so choose.

    Problem is, apart from The Hub, I can't see too many networks being really interested.
    Haven't they been doing that with their live action shows though?

    At this point, The Hub sounds a lot better than CN right now. The Hub treats the DCAU shows they have far better than how CN's been doing recently.

  7. #257
    Yojimbo's Avatar
    Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Shahdaroba
    Posts
    10,626
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    have we heard any more details about the February schedule? Has anything slipped out for February 8th? That's the latest the show can get back to air those last two episodes that are on the DVD right?
    There are positive implications. On CN's website, they have subsites for each show. Like Teen Titans Go! and on it a drop down schedule. They have put up the February 8 airings. For the DC Nation slot, they only have TTG! episodes for the 9:30 am slot and at 10 am, they have just the short listed. Now this could be just be a lack of updating for the whole day but why stop at 9:30-10 am? But yes, you are correct. The 8th is the latest the show can start up or else premieres via DVD release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hordesman View Post
    I'm wondering if the Jla adventures DVD is some sort of pilot- they see the sales on it and we get an announcement during toyfair or cn upfront. But I'm pretty close to cutting back on Mattel, DC and cn. I'll wait on how it pans out but I'm getting annoyed and antsy. This is my favorite show on tv right now and I miss a lot of shows cn has cancelled over the years,
    JLA Adventures was originally part of a 13 episode JL pitch Volpe and Ryan were working that wasn't greenlit and they really put the premise through the grinder and the movie is sort of a pilot of their project. The implications I saw were they salvaged what they could from the pitch and that's that.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 11, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

  8. #258
    Aaron's Avatar
    Aaron is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordesman View Post
    I'm wondering if the Jla adventures DVD is some sort of pilot- they see the sales on it and we get an announcement during toyfair or cn upfront.
    Well if they're basing a show or continuation on sales... or basing any "decision-making" on sales, then a "stealth release" was the worst thing they could have done.
    How difficult of a concept is it to advertise your product!?
    I suppose DC/WB thinks that if Beyonce could hit crazy sales with her "stealth release" then they could too. Well, it doesn't work that way. A random animated movie isn't going to garner as many followers as someone like Beyonce. I don't know what DC/WB was thinking with this marketing strategy, or lack thereof.

    But I'm pretty close to cutting back on Mattel, DC and cn. I'll wait on how it pans out but I'm getting annoyed and antsy. This is my favorite show on tv right now and I miss a lot of shows cn has cancelled over the years,
    What's your favorite show on tv right now? Beware the Batman?
    1) I'm sorry for your loss then.
    2) Might I ask why it's your favorite? Or what makes it your favorite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    JLA Adventures was originally part of a 13 episode JL pitch Volpe and Ryan were working that wasn't greenlit and they really put the premise through the grinder and the movie is sort of a pilot of their project. The implications I saw were they salvaged what they could from the pitch and that's that.
    REALLY?! Is there any indication that this show might get picked up in some form or another now that this release happened? I'd love for a new show along these lines. Maybe a spotlight style of show. With new guest heroes arriving for new adventures, and maybe another showcase style of show like B:TBATB. With various leaguers getting a chance to shine. I'd love this to be a spiritual successor of sorts to B:TBATB. More of THIS Aquaman. More Dietrich Bader.

  9. #259
    Yojimbo's Avatar
    Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Shahdaroba
    Posts
    10,626
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    REALLY?! Is there any indication that this show might get picked up in some form or another now that this release happened?
    No. Volpe has indicated there are ideas for a sequel to Trapped in Time but if they were also salvaged from this pitch is unknown. Not to digress too much, but my working theory is the next animated series is a Justice League one. And while Volpe and Ryan's pitch wasn't picked up, it could be another duo took up the reigns and their pitch was taken up. Looking back, this was the case with Green Lantern: The Animated Series (Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti did one then briefly Space Ghost and ended up on Young Justice) and Beware The Batman (James Tucker's No Man's Land concept, a light-hearted Superman/Batman show, then Murakami and Watson's BTB was greenlit).
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 11, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

  10. #260
    Hordesman's Avatar
    Hordesman is offline slashor
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bobobo World
    Posts
    3,579
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Well if they're basing a show or continuation on sales... or basing any "decision-making" on sales, then a "stealth release" was the worst thing they could have done. How difficult of a concept is it to advertise your product!? I suppose DC/WB thinks that if Beyonce could hit crazy sales with her "stealth release" then they could too. Well, it doesn't work that way. A random animated movie isn't going to garner as many followers as someone like Beyonce. I don't know what DC/WB was thinking with this marketing strategy, or lack thereof.
    Well, the project originated with these, it sounds like; http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...70-d5xoweg.jpg (some of the figures were also sold individually, along with a lex Luthor- and clearly pieced together from the BATB line) but Mattel has confirmed it's not continuing (probably due to the 6" total heroes line that has started to ship.

    What's your favorite show on tv right now? Beware the Batman? 1) I'm sorry for your loss then. 2) Might I ask why it's your favorite? Or what makes it your favorite?
    I was so close to walking from DC toons because BATB was so perfect, because YJ and GLTAS were gone before their time, and I was so tired of shows omitting Anarky even though I understood why. But I keep checking every couple of weeks on news about this new batman show using less known villains, including a morning around Easter where I woke up super early. And I felt such peace seeing Anarky in that press release. I knew I would have issues with his portrayal but this meant it wasn't as hopeless as I'd thought. So there was the anticipation but I liked what I was hearing in the panels too- sort of BTAS by way of death note, complete with a Batman who just drank his nutrients (I had started having protein shakes around the same time, oddly enought) It's been a nice ride but now that I've experienced DC animation with Anarky, I don't want it without him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO