toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

A solo Batwoman show on Cartoon Network? Not on your life.
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
    Even Batman: The Brave and Bold joked around with that idea with Batgirl.

If DC/WB really wanted to do another new Batman cartoon the near future, how about a Nightwing-focused show? Nightwing does have a large fanbase, plus since he has his own city, rogues gallery (in addition to The Bat Family's rogues) and a more Spider-Man take on the Batman atmosphere, I think it could be successful. Heck, he was going to get one if Young Justice hadn't done the time-skip:

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/imag...oonconcept.png

Or, if they wanted to add EVEN more merchandise possibilities while at the same time add variety, how about a Gotham Knights/Incorporated show? Another scrapped idea due to being "too dark".
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eieUIxHx3P...rk+Knights.jpg

Back to Beware the Batman, I really hope they're just delaying the show for the anniversary. That way, they might have some sort of "marathon" that may include pervious Batman shows (expectations being B:TAS and Beyond) and air the new Beyond short.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the question is this, will WB/DC pursue other avenues to air their action adventure cartoons in the future or will they buckle to CN and give them more along the lines of Teen Titans Go?
    I've said this before, but if Turner/CN can license out their properties to IDW/Boom, then I don't see any reason why WB/DC can't sell their shows' broadcast rights to other channels.

Of course, this would mean the end of the DC Nation "block", but at this point that might be a mercy killing.

The other problem is Mattel. Mattel makes lousy toys, when they even bother to make toys at all. DC needs a better merchandising parter if they want their shows to compete on that level.

Does anyone know when this year's upfronts will be?

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, I think Issue #5 may have spoiled more stuff. The villain was said to be an apprentice of Battleaxe. Perhaps this is the "third child" of Alfred the producers alluded to at SDCC 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert McSantos View Post
    Does anyone know when this year's upfronts will be?
    They jumped the gun last year, but traditionally the last week of March.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At least a decade off.

W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordesman View Post
    At least a decade off.
    At the very least. Wonder Woman hasn't even gotten an animated series, no superheroine has since the 70s, and that's not even getting into whether they'd show that she's a lesbian.

Maybe if we get a hit movie with a superheroine things might change. Maybe.
    The Reaf Debrief My site for my reviews and articles of comics, cartoons, and riffing on nostalgia.
    Currently up:
    Captain America: Winter Soldier Review
    Repercussions of Captain America: Winter Soldier

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see it being more likely that Batwoman would be slotted into a Jla show instead of Batman, similar to John Stewart being used in the Tas show but at least a decade off. And within the realm of boys action, I think Batwoman might be an easier sell than Wonder Woman one day.

W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't see how since Wonder Woman is a lot more well know and the only reason for Batwoman to get put in a JL show is because she's a Bat character. Even then they'd have to not use Batman, since they would never use two Bat characters in an JL show, which will never happen.
    The Reaf Debrief My site for my reviews and articles of comics, cartoons, and riffing on nostalgia.
    Currently up:
    Captain America: Winter Soldier Review
    Repercussions of Captain America: Winter Soldier

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After Green Lantern was canceled I severely doubt CN will ever have any solo shows about other DC heroes other than Batman again.

I still fully expect the next cartoon to be Justice League Adventures based on that Target DTV movie. That way you have all the superfriends together.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Batman may be maturing. I can see Batwoman being used similar to how John Stewart was on JLU but some while off.

Also, CN... Farewell To Stu Snyder, The Man Who Tried To Make Cartoon Network Cartoon-Less | Cartoon Brew

bigdaddy313 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Batman may be maturing. I can see Batwoman being used similar to how John Stewart was on JLU but some while off.

Also, CN... Farewell To Stu Snyder, The Man Who Tried To Make Cartoon Network Cartoon-Less | Cartoon Brew
    So do you think that is good news?

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cartoon Network has released its 2014-2015 programming schedule, and Beware The Batman is not listed as a returning program. The complete press release can be found at The World's Finest.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, this feels like the death of someone who's been on lifesupport. Sucks! If they did finish production then I expect them to release the series on dvd and BD in the Fall.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cartoon Network keeps finding new ways to anger me. If I wasn't watching Tenkai Knights and Teen Titans, I literally wouldn't be watching anything on this channel anymore.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not too surprised by this. Taking the series off the air for months, saying that it would be back in January only to delay it for a few more months and two episodes being available on DVD before they could air on Cartoon Network didn't give the impression that they would pick it up for another season. Like with Young Justice and Green Lantern before it, the writing was on the wall and this is just the confirmation. It's still a shame when I did enjoy the episodes that aired. They weren't outstanding, but they were pretty good and there was potential for it to be better with more time. It's too bad that Cartoon Network just clearly weren't interested in giving it more of a chance.

Coach McGuirk is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    None of us are surprised to see BtB not returning. As disappointing as it is, what may be even more so is the fact that CN can't simply release a statement as to why. Giving no explanation for the show's abrupt end simply gives fanboys all the more room to keep spouting off about how there were "no good villains," or the "silly CGI" turned people off, etc. I think most everyone here is above that nonsense and knows that there's something much deeper going on. Whether the show didn't fit CN's current ADHD, dumb humor style of programming, or whether it was feared that that the show would appeal to girls, or a mixture of both, we don't know. But this show deserved better, and so did Young Justice and Green Lantern. Not giving the fans a legitimate reason for cancelling shows they have come to love is a cowardly move.

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see it being more likely that Batwoman would be slotted into a Jla show instead of Batman, similar to John Stewart being used in the Tas show but at least a decade off. And within the realm of boys action, I think Batwoman might be an easier sell than Wonder Woman one day.
    There's a bit of a difference. The same argument of bringing diversity applies, but they felt they could do so with Green Lantern because Hal Jordan simply was not a household name to most of the audience. They could replace him with John (or indeed Kyle and Guy) without really ruffling any feathers because most kids had only a vague idea of GL at best. Same with Jason Rusch, Ryan Choi, or Jaime Reyes. Most people simply had no idea who Firestor, The Atom, or Blue Beetle were so they felt free to skip the white guys and go with their more diverse successors. With Batman it'd be much trickier to convince the execs to use a Bat-related character other than Bruce.

I do think seeing Batwoman in animation would be a massive step forward though, and I'd love to see it happen.

Ayasugi-san is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They did sell the public on a Batman character who wasn't Bruce or any established character before, with Batman Beyond... though it had BTAS to build on and Bruce was still a major character. Which is probably how they'd do a Batwoman series, keep Bruce as a major supporting character, even if the focus is on her.

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    None of us are surprised to see BtB not returning. As disappointing as it is, what may be even more so is the fact that CN can't simply release a statement as to why. Giving no explanation for the show's abrupt end simply gives fanboys all the more room to keep spouting off about how there were "no good villains," or the "silly CGI" turned people off, etc. I think most everyone here is above that nonsense and knows that there's something much deeper going on. Whether the show didn't fit CN's current ADHD, dumb humor style of programming, or whether it was feared that that the show would appeal to girls, or a mixture of both, we don't know. But this show deserved better, and so did Young Justice and Green Lantern. Not giving the fans a legitimate reason for cancelling shows they have come to love is a cowardly move.
    I am pretty much in agreement. It's more than a bit frustrating seeing some fans becoming so smug and obnoxious, excusing their own biases for the show's failure, nevermind the network's abysmal treatment of it in the first place. If it was just as well-treated as their other shows and there was some amount of effort in promoting it and this STILL happened, then I'd probably agree. But that's not the case.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What I don't get is didn't CN already pay for 26 episodes of Beware the Batman?

I was under the assumption the 26 episode order was finished, and those episodes are just waiting to air. How the hell can they have 13 more COMPLETED episodes that they paid for and already lost money on...and not want to air them?

This isn't like when a show is canceled before production starts, those 13 episodes are already DONE. This is beyond weird.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast