toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    -batmat- is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I hope a new Batman show comes along, in a few years (nothing immediately) that manages to captivate me the way B:TAS, The Batman, and B:TBaTB did.
    With the upcoming Batman VS Superman movie, that will feature WW and will lead to a Justice League movie, it's most likely we'll be getting either a Sups/Bats series or a Justice League series. I hope...!
    -What the hell are you?!
    - I'm the batmat

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Motu2k. Symbiotic Titan. Mystery inc. Thundercats Young justice. GLTAS. I was ready to walk from DC animation after the last batman show because it was pretty perfect short one character DC animation kept skipping. And there they put him as the lead villain in the next one but hear me well, Mattel and DC Comics and Cartoon Network- I have no interest in a show or toyline without Anarky now. This will hurt your bottom line, antagonizing a customer who has supported you for years and bought 24 units of the figure from this show for donations. But I will go back to a single MOTUC sub and NO other Mattel product if it comes to that. I can buy my niece, nephews and toys for tots Disney toys from other companies for example. I have a couple shows like Superjail, venture bros and adventure time to finish up but I will drop teen titans go immediately. And I remember losing interest in DC when Anarky's monthly got cancelled. I do plan on being a comic shop regular still but I will cut back on DC in favor of its competitors. But I hope I won't have to go this route. I'll even accept a 4" Arkham Origins Anarky.

W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Why bother to introduce a new rogues gallery in a show, if you're just going to drastically alter the characters to the point where they're nothing like their comicbook counterparts?!
    BTAS did it. Their villains were given new personalities, origins, and some were "drastically changed" from their comic book versions. No one seemed to mind that Mr Freeze, Clayface, Catwoman, or Clock King were drastically altered. Not to mention Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Killer Croc, the Riddler, Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange, Count Vertigo, and many more were altered for the series. It is not unusual for a series to change the characters around a bit when adapting them, since they're different mediums and what works in one doesn't necessarily work in the other.

So I don't see why that's a problem because every other comic book series under the sun has done it, and it’s worked out pretty well for them.
    The Reaf Debrief My site for my reviews and articles of comics, cartoons, and riffing on nostalgia.
    Currently up:
    Avatar The Legend of Korra Book 3 Review: Episodes 1 – 3

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm such an Anarky fan to the point where I was accused on the DC message boards in 99/00 of being a plant. This isn't the same character on this show but it's a start. If this character moves a lot of merchandise in 2014, he'll get the tv appearances and toy variants that will inevitably include the monthly series costume and characterization. DCC has proven they are willing to be a partner with me in this endeavor and I hope Mattel will be as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.C.Reaf View Post
    BTAS did it. Their villains were given new personalities, origins, and some were "drastically changed" from their comic book versions. No one seemed to mind that Mr Freeze, Clayface, Catwoman, or Clock King were drastically altered. Not to mention Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Killer Croc, the Riddler, Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange, Count Vertigo, and many more were altered for the series. It is not unusual for a series to change the characters around a bit when adapting them, since they're different mediums and what works in one doesn't necessarily work in the other.

So I don't see why that's a problem because every other comic book series under the sun has done it, and it’s worked out pretty well for them.
    I don't think it's a bad thing to do, the problem is that BTAS succeded doing that while BTB failed
    -What the hell are you?!
    - I'm the batmat

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -batmat- View Post
    I don't think it's a bad thing to do, the problem is that BTAS succeded doing that while BTB failed
    How did it fail, exactly? I would argue that would vary depending on the character. For instance, this show's take on Magpie and Cypher were massive improvements on their comic book counterparts, while Catwoman and Hugo Strange in B:TAS were changed for the worse.

In an additional note, I noticed that the show's comic tie-in was not listed in the recent solicitations.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.D.O.K. View Post
    In an additional note, I noticed that the show's comic tie-in was not listed in the recent solicitations.
    In today's TTG! comic article, James noted he's trying to get an answer on why that is. Could be DC is planning to shift BTB to bi-monthly like they did with GL:TAS.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 11, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

I, Spyral is offline Moonrider
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordesman View Post
    I'm such an Anarky fan to the point where I was accused on the DC message boards in 99/00 of being a plant. This isn't the same character on this show but it's a start. If this character moves a lot of merchandise in 2014, he'll get the tv appearances and toy variants that will inevitably include the monthly series costume and characterization. DCC has proven they are willing to be a partner with me in this endeavor and I hope Mattel will be as well.
    I love Anarky, but this version didn't do anything for me. They were clearly going after the Sherlock Moriarty that I think it would have been more natural to use Riddler instead. And I get why they're not using Riddler or any "iconic" Bat-villains, but I'm just saying this Anarky feels like they're jamming a square peg in a round hole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.D.O.K. View Post
    How did it fail, exactly? I would argue that would vary depending on the character. For instance, this show's take on Magpie and Cypher were massive improvements on their comic book counterparts, while Catwoman and Hugo Strange in B:TAS were changed for the worse.

I was talking in general, obviously some were better , some worse, I obviously wasn't gonna make a villain-for-villain rundown on who was better and who was worse
    -What the hell are you?!
    - I'm the batmat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if James heard anything about the comic? I'm assuming it's just going bi-monthly.
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx