toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    There was no reason this continuity should have stopped. I can understand off-shoots like Teen Titans and Brave and the Bold that worked well as separate universe, but both The Batman and Beware the Batman had no reason to exist other than, "hey let's make a new Batman show just for the sake of it!" instead of just continuing with the same Batman or being one continuous universe.
    I don't have the tolerance to type one-handed very long, so I'll try to be short as possible, but The Batman clearly wanted a younger, less experienced Batman, and one not thoroughly entrenched in JLA business. Also, there is no other current Batman cartoon, which makes it suitable for Beware to start from scratch.

I'm sorry, but continuity can be burdensome, which is why Batman has been around for 74 years but he generally doesn't progress beyond a certain stage in his life.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I can understand off-shoots like Teen Titans and Brave and the Bold that worked well as separate universe, but both The Batman and Beware the Batman had no reason to exist other than, "hey let's make a new Batman show just for the sake of it!" instead of just continuing with the same Batman or being one continuous universe.
    You didn't like The Batman, so it definitely didn't work as separate universe?! I'm sorry, but it really looks like you're saying this: ''I can't believe people like things I don't like! I hated The Batman, so why did it exist anyway?''.

Its universe was great, better than Brave and the Bold with that strange Bat-Mite. (But that's just my opinion. I don't say it should have been replaced with a fourth season of B:TAS)

And Batman's life in DCAU is almost completely animated. They can't make a show of him being death for 22 minutes/episode But they could make a DCAU show about another superhero...

@BigFatHairyDeal: In season 5, Batman worked together with other superheroes. But he was indeed a bit younger and less experienced than in B:TAS.

BlackoutCreature is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it should be pointed out that these Batman cartoons are designed for children. Do you really think the eight year old who falls in love with Beware the Batman today is going to feel the same way about it in five years when he's 13? Yes there are exceptions and yes some new younger kids will come along and join the show mid-way, but no matter how you cut it the law of diminishing returns is going to set in. It seems to me the most profitable thing to do would be to just start a new show every few years and have it find its own fanbase.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Generally speaking, cartoons cycle out the audience in the same way comics used to. A child nowaways who started on Brave and the Bold or Beware the Batman is likely going to be too young to remember BTAS so this gives them a way to get in from the ground floor. By the time the next Batman show comes out several years later there's a new crop of kiddies old enough to start watching.

I've also seen some people argue that part of the reason rebrandings and retools are popular is because of contractual and union-related things. The network has the benefit of treating a retitled season as a new show rather than a new season of an existing one (this is very prominent in anime).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3