toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Beware the Batman "Instinct"

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll

2 15.38%
  • ****1/2

4 30.77%

3 23.08%
  • ***1/2

3 23.08%

0 0%
  • **1/2

1 7.69%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yojimbo is online now Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Completely missed the Plastic Man reference. Fill me in please.
    After Batman and Katana save Liam Taylor, Batman looks at the inside of the mask. It has the Cole Plastics logo. Jack Cole created Plastic Man. If you look at the logo, it has the same design and colors as Plastic Man's costume. Then I think in the brief exterior shot of the factory, you see the logo again.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 11, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still don't like Pyg or Toad, but I still enjoyed the episode. As others have said, Batman and Katana make for an interesting partnership. Oh, and I guess now Jason works with the League of Assassins.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

maczero is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trance2009 View Post
    Bruce noticing every little crime at the restaurant was a classic Bat moment.
    Maybe it says something about me, but I was bothered that he regarded having an affair as a criminal act.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerkero View Post
    I find it odd that Katana isn't a more capable assessor of situations. She was in the League of Assassins so I assume there was something special about her beyond being able to swing a sword. I don't like the writers trying to make her into a pseudo-Robin. She should have a thought process that is different than Batman's but not immature like Robin's.
    It's possible that her situational awareness is more focused on direct threats to her or her mission. For instance she might notice a bulge in someone's jacket may mean he's carrying a weapon or someone watching her. Batman seems to take it all in, stealing, cheating, lying etc.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was an okay episode. Pyg and Toad still don't really do much for me as villains, but they were at least more threatening here than in their debut. I liked seeing more of Batman and Katana's partnership. I really liked Batman knowing about certain details due to his life as Bruce Wayne. It's an interesting way to address the psychological aspects of the character, along with the fact that he can't turn off his crime detector. Jason joining the League of Assassins at the end was a surprising ending. Overall, I thought that it was a decent episode. I hope that this week's episode will be more interesting to watch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I hope that this week's episode will be more interesting to watch.
    No new episode until October 26th. "Hunted" replays on October 12.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    No new episode until October 26th. "Hunted" replays on October 12.
    Oh, my mistake. I need to keep up with the schedule for this show more. Thanks for the clarification.

reflection is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    After Batman and Katana save Liam Taylor, Batman looks at the inside of the mask. It has the Cole Plastics logo. Jack Cole created Plastic Man. If you look at the logo, it has the same design and colors as Plastic Man's costume. Then I think in the brief exterior shot of the factory, you see the logo again.
    Thanks. So it was more an Easter egg or fan service not a sign Plastic Man may be in this universe.

He would make a good criminal and reformed ally for this universe and he hasn't been done much in animation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Thanks. So it was more an Easter egg or fan service not a sign Plastic Man may be in this universe.
    Yup. Sorry for the initial confusion, reflection.

He would make a good criminal and reformed ally for this universe and he hasn't been done much in animation.
    It was hinted this past SDCC that other heroes would be appearing but they play both sides. Just thinking about it, could make for an interesting interpretation of Plastic Man if done right. But seems so easy to not get right because it is Plastic Man afterall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Again, just getting caught up now...

Another enjoyable episode, with some outstanding moments. I have to say I enjoyed the more leisurely pace the episode had and some of the brillant Batman moments.

The only thing that bugged me was that Katana seemed much more witty this week than ususal... almost playing the goofy sidekick. Very strange.

4/5
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ::sigh:: And the part of the Boy Wonder will be played by...

Actually, I didn't mind it as much. Katana should talk back to Batman and everything, but if Babs joins the team and we ever get Robin...you know, we need everyone to have their distinctive voices.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Maybe it says something about me, but I was bothered that he regarded having an affair as a criminal act.
    Maybe he just meant it's something he's noticed that someone is trying to hide. What bugged me is he called the criminal acts before they happened. Believable in some cases, but weird in others. It was a cool scene, though.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast