toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Which character did you like better in Justice League? Hawkgirl or Wonder Woman?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hawkgirl

6 60.00%
  • Wonder Woman

4 40.00%
    ganon51 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which character did you like better in Justice League? Hawkgirl or Wonder Woman?

Like This Thread!

Which character did you like better in the Justice League animated series, Hawkgirl or Wonder Woman?

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was a Wonder Woman fan since I watched syndicated episodes of the Lynda Carter TV series during my summer vacations, so I generally like Wonder Woman more. I also thought Hawkgirl was poor choice for the cartoon, and the character generally annoyed me. However, I would say Hawkgirl was much better written than Wonder Woman, and if I didn't have an pre-existing biases toward the two, I probably would've liked Hawkgirl more.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatHairyDeal View Post
    I was a Wonder Woman fan since I watched syndicated episodes of the Lynda Carter TV series during my summer vacations, so I generally like Wonder Woman more. I also thought Hawkgirl was poor choice for the cartoon, and the character generally annoyed me. However, I would say Hawkgirl was much better written than Wonder Woman, and if I didn't have an pre-existing biases toward the two, I probably would've liked Hawkgirl more.
    So who do you pick?

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure you could infer. But if you want a direct statement, it's not an easy, straight-up answer. Hawkgirl was better written, whereas I think WW was kind of handled sloppily. However, I'm a fan of the WW, and not of HG, so I'd probably just say WW just because of the characters' legacies and my longstanding biases.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatHairyDeal View Post
    I'm sure you could infer. But if you want a direct statement, it's not an easy, straight-up answer. Hawkgirl was better written, whereas I think WW was kind of handled sloppily. However, I'm a fan of the WW, and not of HG, so I'd probably just say WW just because of the characters' legacies and my longstanding biases.
    Oh ok, but for this series it's Hawkgirl then?

The Dark Lord is offline 54985870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hawkgirl was by far a more interesting character and had a pretty cool character arc.

ShadowBeast is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hawkgirl especially after she got rid of her mask.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely Hawkgirl. She was a more interesting, well-rounded and 3-dimensional character. She also got one of the best character arcs on that show with her betrayal and redemption. Wonder Woman never really got do anything half as interesting.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah that's better, let's be honest Hawkgirl was the better written character in this continuity. Comics-wise is different of course.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'd go with Hawkgirl as well. She had a more interesting personality, her character arc with her betrayal and redemption was great and her romantic with John lead to some nice moments for both characters. Wonder Woman didn't get to do much of anything as interesting as what Hawkgirl had during the series.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I'd go with Hawkgirl as well. She had a more interesting personality, her character arc with her betrayal and redemption was great and her romantic with John lead to some nice moments for both characters. Wonder Woman didn't get to do much of anything as interesting as what Hawkgirl had during the series.
    How can we forget the highlight of DCAU WW , chasing after Batman like a lovesick schoolgirl.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wonder Woman for me. The writers may have done more ambitious things with Hawkgirl, but I always thought her being on the team without Hawkman was weird, I could always take or leave her character and I wasn't really into the Shayera/John Stewart ship. I've been a WW fan since before the series, so while I agree she was under-utilized (and I won't even acknowledge the Batman/Wonder Woman ship, which I liked even less than HG/GL), Wondy gets my vote by default.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Deshaded is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wonder Woman is my favorite character between the two, but honestly due to her popularity. So I was really impressed with the inclusion of a second female on the League and with it being Hawkgirl. It really shook up the dynamic of the team, and Diana had someone to play off of. I hate how she's always stuck to Hawkman, and I'm glad he wasn't around until toward the end so she could be her own character.

I wish Hawkgirl had more going for her beyond JL/JLU. She's fun. I also wish there was just flat out a second female in the Main 7 Leaguers.

My vote goes to Hawkgirl.

JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, hard to say. I liked both for different reasons, but I think the writers had a better idea of what they wanted to do with Hawkgirl, whereas with Wonder Woman they seemed less sure of where they wanted to go with her. So from a narrative standpoint I think Hawkgirl had the better writing overall (even though I'm in the minority of not enjoying her betrayal in Starcrossed) while personally I don't really have a preference between the two.

I probably enjoyed Hawkgirl's banter with John Stewart more than Wonder Woman's "Loving a Shadow" thing with Batman but that's just me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMarsh View Post
    Hmm, hard to say. I liked both for different reasons, but I think the writers had a better idea of what they wanted to do with Hawkgirl, whereas with Wonder Woman they seemed less sure of where they wanted to go with her. So from a narrative standpoint I think Hawkgirl had the better writing overall (even though I'm in the minority of not enjoying her betrayal in Starcrossed) while personally I don't really have a preference between the two.

I probably enjoyed Hawkgirl's banter with John Stewart more than Wonder Woman's "Loving a Shadow" thing with Batman but that's just me.
    Same here, mate.

Desh is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really like both characters. I like all seven of the characters in the original League. They are certainly my ideal Justice League, and if I had the authority to form one for whatever project, it would be all of them, no changes... except I might add Zatanna.
    That said, I definitely like Hawkgirl more than Wonder Woman. I'm not sure what else I could add to what has already been said...

Hawkgirl simply had a considerably more interesting story and way more interesting relationships with other characters, like Green Lantern, The Flash, and Grundy. She was one of the most entertaining characters on the entire show, whereas I feel Wonder Woman (though I do like her a lot) was a bit on the boring side, in comparison. The Wonder Woman-centric episodes were often my least favorites, unfortunately, and I didn't find her dynamic with Batman particularly engaging. I think the only reason it was such a popular ship was because... ya' know... Batman, whereas Green Lantern/Hawkgirl has considerably more substance, interesting dynamics, and a way better arc.

So yeah, Hawkgirl gets my vote, but I do greatly enjoy Wonder Woman.
    The all new Green Lantern John Stewart Website - http://www.greenlantern.co

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    I really like both characters. I like all seven of the characters in the original League. They are certainly my ideal Justice League, and if I had the authority to form one for whatever project, it would be all of them, no changes... except I might add Zatanna.
    That said, I definitely like Hawkgirl more than Wonder Woman. I'm not sure what else I could add to what has already been said...

Hawkgirl simply had a considerably more interesting story and way more interesting relationships with other characters, like Green Lantern, The Flash, and Grundy. She was one of the most entertaining characters on the entire show, whereas I feel Wonder Woman (though I do like her a lot) was a bit on the boring side, in comparison. The Wonder Woman-centric episodes were often my least favorites, unfortunately, and I didn't find her dynamic with Batman particularly engaging. I think the only reason it was such a popular ship was because... ya' know... Batman, whereas Green Lantern/Hawkgirl has considerably more substance, interesting dynamics, and a way better arc.

So yeah, Hawkgirl gets my vote, but I do greatly enjoy Wonder Woman.
    How could I miss this response? And good answer too!