toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this "Teen Titans Go!" Episode

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll

1 10.00%
  • ****1/2

1 10.00%

2 20.00%
  • ***1/2

1 10.00%

3 30.00%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Teen Titans Go! "Artful Dodgers" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    An all-new Teen Titans Go! episode debuts tonight at 7:30pm (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Discuss it here!

Teen Titans Go!
    "Artful Dodgers" airs Tuesday, August 27th, 2013 on Cartoon Network

The Titans confidently expect to win an upcoming dodgeball championship, even though the only thing they ever practice is their victory dance. Then they come up against an unbeatable dodge ball team — the H.I.V.E.

Comments?

Please note this 11-minute episode will be paired with a rerun of a previously-aired 11-minute episode.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More of the HIVE, that is always good. I would love it though if Brother Blood is the coach.

Even though neither one are part of the main 5 Titans, I hope they do an episode about Kid Flash / Jynx relationship, they were one of the more popular couples on the show. I am sure they could have some fun with a hero and villain going out.

If you have to inporate one of the main 5 characters, (which is too bad, I think the TT world have enough intresting character, you don't always need them) how about they have a lover's spat, and Jiynx uses Cyborg to make Kid Flash jealous, which would reference the "Deception" episode. After last week's episodes when they referenced the entire Terra arc, and a Beast Boy / Raven tease, why not continue the trend.

Awesome hillarous episode. The Titans were so into the competition that they didn't notice the whole dodgeballs are nothing but villains.

I love the dodgeball version of the Teen Titans theme, and just last week Raven was the voice of reason, the only one who cared that the HIVE were out of jail until she got to play. So the moral of the story if you can't beat them, have them arrested and win by default, dodgeball style.

MOD NOTE: Please do not make two or more consecutive posts within one thread. Use the "Edit Post" function to add more content to your post.

Neo Ultra Mike is online now Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Admittedly I wasn't too excited when I first heard about this episode. I mean the big deal this month for this show was the episode with Terra in it, not just one about dodgeball. But I admit seeing the preview clip for this made me look forward to it more. Since seeing Raven and Stafire benched at first made me think "oh this is going to be one of those episodes where the guys are sexist for no reason" but no there was an actual logic to it. Raven's fury over such a minor sport made her actually kill people when playing the game (and not even seem remorseful of it) and Starfire's lack of knowledge of the game made her ingest what was suppose to be the primary object used which meant a lack of familarity with the subject. Those are actually far more believable reasons. Which made me think "oh okay so they'll have them benched but then prove they have gotten over such disabilities against a harder team and get a victory for the Team right?"

And... that didn't happen at all. And the episode was actually far better for it.

Again, one of the things I really like about this show is the ability to just plain chuck the moral or lesson out the window. Yeah the original show could do that sometimes ("Episode 257-954" and "Employee Of The Month") but that was not only a more rare occasion but it also still felt you were getting some of preaching, they just weren't doing a follow through. Here it seems like the lesson is "winners never cheat" or "actually practice and don't just assum you'll win" but it's not something anyone really brings up at the end. Granted the group lost because of their overconfidence and cheating but they still won just by calling the cops on the Hive Five and getting a default win. That was actually pretty clever and something I didn't see coming I have to admit. Plus I like the fact that it was only the Titans obsessing more over the loss then the Hive Five and wanting to rechallenge them because of that. And there were a lot of other good jokes in here as well: calling out the Hive Five for being unfair by taking hostages as a distraction and the Hive Five pointing out that's the point of doing so (I do find it weird they couldn't get some of the other VAs for the Hive Five back then just Lauren Tom. Kevin Michael Richardson could of at least voiced Mammoth but eh maybe it's a "only one other VA then the main 5 rule per episode" or something I don't know), and then the Titans still easily taking them out, the boys working on their victory dance and remembering crushing little kids who were last year's champions, Cyborg bringing up again Raven ate someone as why the girls aren't allowed to play, the Team Titans spoof song, the Hive Five introductions and Billy Numerou's stupid expression at being benched, "Wait how did they- "how did they get those fireworks?" "Yeah that's the question I was going to ask. Not how did they get out of jail or how did they even manage to get into the league. How did they get those fireworks? That's what I was wondering", Robin and the others not wanting to do the hard work of practicing and instead just cheating their ways to the final, the final dodgeball fight and the ending So yeah another really solid episode actually without any real complaints as this is what I want from the show: just pure comedy and the group interacting in a humorous way. Hope the last "four" episodes of the season also have that.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I wasn't actually a fan of this episode. I know the idea of Robin deciding to let Starfire and Raven compete to help them defeat the HIVE and then win because of them would've been pretty cliched, but I actually would've liked that. And the idea that they only won the championship was because Robin called the cops on them was pretty stupid too. But it seems I'm in the minority here.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still anyone agree with me, that in the future it would be nice to have some Kid Flash x Jinx. So much fun they could have with that, of course they have to get Kid Flash voice actor back, but yeah possible stories, Kid Flash visits the Teen Titans and tells them about his wonderful new girlfriend, and wants the Titans to meet her not knowing she is Jinx and hilarity insues, or as I mentioned before they have a fight, and Jinx uses Cyborg to make Kid jealous.

Goldstar Neo is offline What's up, Doc?
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Still anyone agree with me, that in the future it would be nice to have some Kid Flash x Jinx. So much fun they could have with that, of course they have to get Kid Flash voice actor back, but yeah possible stories, Kid Flash visits the Teen Titans and tells them about his wonderful new girlfriend, and wants the Titans to meet her not knowing she is Jinx and hilarity insues, or as I mentioned before they have a fight, and Jinx uses Cyborg to make Kid jealous.
    I'd be OK with Kid Flash making an appearance (as well as Michael Rosenbaum returning to do KF's voice), but I'm really not a fan shipper stuff. While such an episode could provide a few chuckles, the Kid Flash/Jinx relationship never held my interest personally. I'd prefer that the series stay focused on comedy and that the romances be kept to a minimum, but that's just me.

Anyway, back on topic: This was a funny episode. I liked how the writers didn't go with the expected plot of the boys excluding the girls from playing just because they're girls. They had legitimate reasons for wanting to keep Raven and Starfire on the bench; they both disrupted the games and did damage to the other players. It was also funny how Robin didn't question how the H.I.V.E. Five escaped from prison or how they joined the dodge ball league, he only wondered where they got the fireworks. I also liked how the Titan flirted with moral ambiguity by deciding to using their powers to cheat instead of actually practicing to beat the H.I.V.E. Five. The ending where Robing called the cops to arrest the H.I.V.E. Five, thus ensuring the Titans a default victory was wrong, but still hilarious.
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 08-28-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' twisted take on the world of cartoons and all things geeky.

webmonkey44 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks goodness this show is not in the same universe as the original show...

Lerkero is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The last couple of episodes have been rather enjoyable. Best of the season so far.

I do still have problems with the overall morality. It's okay to be really goofy, but I feel that Robin needs to be more of a reasonable character. Luckily Raven seems to have maintained her rational personality.

The funniest joke in this episode was when Robin paid more attention to the fireworks than them breaking out of jail, but then when Robin wanted to cheat his character lost me.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this one. It was all-around funny, and IMO, the voice acting in this show is some of the best in a current animated comedy. The voice actors really sell the show.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

coluanprime is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was okay but it did feel slightly off. Too much of the humor missed it's mark (the song was great though) and Robin wanting to cheat was wierd
    "Despite all logic, my feelings for you short-lived, small-brained, foolish idiots are sufficient that I have chosen to spend my life among you, instead of on my own world where my intellect would be suitable honored... because you truly are my friends.
    Stop Sniffling"
    -Brainiac 5
    (Legion of Super Heroes, Vol 6, Issue 11, May 2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast