toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this "Teen Titans Go!" Episode

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll

2 20.00%
  • ****1/2

1 10.00%

4 40.00%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

1 10.00%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

1 10.00%
  • 1/2

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

So Jave are you think what I am thinking, when it comes to Ashley Johnson voicing a love interest to a Greg Cripes character, on another network perhaps, maybe an alien girl from another dimention perhaps, or a genious teenage girl. You are right about Greg and Ashley, They are like the Johnny Yong Bosch and Stephanie Sheh of american cartoons.
    Last edited by zoombie; 08-22-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Doguineta is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This might be my favorite episode since the one where Robin & Speedy fought for Starfire or the Jinx episode. The comedy hit all the right spots. Plus it has Terra, who is my favorite character of the original series, that might have to do with how much I liked it.

Between Terra, Robin's titan tests (& him leaving wit eerie music in the most extended gag ever) & the return of Starfire using modern slang (and "Oh, the boy, indeed"), this is definitely my favorite episode yet.

I really hope Terra returns some day.
    Nothing to see here, just keep on with what you were doing...

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite character hands down is Raven and this episode just cemented it. "I hate you all" was an awesome line.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode was really good. As someone else said, the humor came fast and quick, and didn't let up. And I liked seeing a more un-repentant Terra, although Beast Boy was so dense, he kinda deserved it. And Robin, as usual, was a bit too....enthusiastic. :P
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

rrulez is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so glad the general consensus is that this episode was a great one! It was one of my favorites so far and I also really enjoyed the humor. This show is seriously killing it with the one-liners, and as for Terra I think they did excellent. I loved her design as well, like a combination of her pre- and post-Slade outfits from 2002.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Perhaps not my favorite episode in terms of humor, I've laughed louder before, but still a great one. And really, no one was acting TOO stupid. Beast Boy was blinded by love, Robin distracted by trying to test Terra, and even Cyborg and Starfire dismissed Raven's warnings as jealousy (which was hilarious). I loved Terra super charging herself only to knock Beast Boy out with that one, tiny rock. And that weird tooth-door thing. Raven's expression at the end made me smile, it can be interpreted in a couple different ways.

I'm hoping Terra returns, but now I want them to do a Red X episode. Being a completely new continuity from the old show actually helped with Terra, and I think they can do some pretty hilarious things if they wanted to use Red X.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstar View Post
    Ashley Johnson returns as the voice of Terra. It's cool how the shows' producers so far have been able to round up all of the voice actors from the previous TT series to reprise their roles.
    Except Speedy since they just got Scott Menville to voice him, but I guess that's kinda the point of the gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    * Side note, but this is the fourth time Greg Cipes and Ashley Johnson play two characters on the same show that are romantically involved. I'm going to make a prediction here and say there will be another instance before the end of 2015.
    What were the other times?
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

JThree is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had mixed feelings about it. Not a BB/Raven shipper, but I had hoped there might be a few hints of a triangle between Robin, Starfire, and Raven. Anyway, I wonder what the chances are--when Teen Titans Go has its finishing episode, they will let BB and Terra have a happy ending this time around? What do you think are the chances of that?

I do think Terra will make another appearance in the second season, and if I understand Mr. Cipes comments correctly on the internet at the SDCC, there might be a bit where BB sings to Terra. Wonder what the odds are that it'll be "Fade Away." Dang ! I really want Terra and BB to make it work.

JThree

coluanprime is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed this one. I loved Terra's design, and this was definitely one of the episodes where they got all of their humor right. I did wish they had mentioned/shown Slade...
    "Despite all logic, my feelings for you short-lived, small-brained, foolish idiots are sufficient that I have chosen to spend my life among you, instead of on my own world where my intellect would be suitable honored... because you truly are my friends.
    Stop Sniffling"
    -Brainiac 5
    (Legion of Super Heroes, Vol 6, Issue 11, May 2011)

rrulez is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post

I do think Terra will make another appearance in the second season, and if I understand Mr. Cipes comments correctly on the internet at the SDCC, there might be a bit where BB sings to Terra. Wonder what the odds are that it'll be "Fade Away." Dang ! I really want Terra and BB to make it work.
    I heard that from him as well and it's a wonderful song. I think it would be cool to hear it on the show, not to mention the depth it gives BB's character. Apart from the antics he gets into with Cyborg, the creators have really made him such an endearing character.

JThree is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrulez View Post
    I heard that from him as well and it's a wonderful song. I think it would be cool to hear it on the show, not to mention the depth it gives BB's character. Apart from the antics he gets into with Cyborg, the creators have really made him such an endearing character.
    Do you think? Singing that song, might melt Terra's heart a bit?

EDIT: Whoops! Just heard that in the upcoming episode, "Matched,"
    Spoiler:
    BB tries to woo Raven. So that episode he might sing "Fade Away" to her, and here I might be hoping it would be to Terra.
    Sorry! BB and Raven do nothing for me.

Jthree

Mod Note: Double Post Merged. Use the Edit Button. Spoilers - minor or major - of future episodes in episode talkback pages go in spoiler tags.

Jave is online now So Smashing... In Space! Magma Champion Robots and Aliens: Reactor Twist 3D Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    What were the other times?
    Little late to reply to this, but to answer your question.

- Beast Boy and Terra (The original Teen Titans)
    - Chiro and Jinmay (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!)
    - Kevin and Gwen (Ben 10: Alien Force/Ultimate Alien)
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

rrulez is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Do you think? Singing that song, might melt Terra's heart a bit?

EDIT: Whoops! Just heard that in the upcoming episode, "Matched," * SPOILER * Sorry! BB and Raven do nothing for me.

Jthree

I'm not sure, judging by the way they've portrayed Terra thus far she doesn't look as though she'll be very receptive towards any of BB's advances. But the series is doing pretty crazy things so you never know I guess! And I would be alright with either BBxRae or BBxTerra. I'm not so much into shipping and since both of those relationships are canon to the DC universe they're both valid in my opinion. My gut tells me the writers are gonna go towards the BBxRae route though, especially because of the episode you mentioned above. (The plot description of which is available for viewing on Wikipedia and other sites I'm sure) I'm gonna trust the writers on this one to make the best call, they've done really well so far and I'm actually pretty happy with the series overall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2