toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this "Teen Titans Go!" Episode

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll

2 20.00%
  • ****1/2

1 10.00%

4 40.00%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

1 10.00%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

1 10.00%
  • 1/2

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    This was a funny episode. Robin singing and his constantly "testing" Terra was hilarious. I think that the running gag of Cyborg and Starfire interpreting Raven's suspicion of Terra as her merely being jealous of Beast Boy's attraction to Terra was an obvious nod to the BB/Raven shippers from TT:TAS.

Ashley Johnson returns as the voice of Terra. It's cool how the shows' producers so far have been able to round up all of the voice actors from the previous TT series to reprise their roles.
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 08-21-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

darkdetective is offline Reporter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Beast Boy and Raven were together for a time in the comics, I recall.
    My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com!
    Check out the animated trailer here!

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdetective View Post
    Beast Boy and Raven were together for a time in the comics, I recall.
    Aren't they together now? I don't regularly read comics, but I do remember the 2 of them becoming a couple in the comics sometime after the show ended. Also, IIRC, BB has a tail now; he kind of looks like Nightcrawler, only, you know, green.

Raven's little smile at the end was a nod to that ship, I believe.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Neo Yi is offline GANNONDORK!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love this episode, but I'm biased, I like Terra and Season Two of Teen Titans is my favorite. I didn't think they'd get Terra here, but they did and I'm pleased. Funny how this Terra is closer to the comic counterpart than TT Terra (well, from what I heard about her comic book self.)
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    I talk a bit about How To Train Your Dragon 2.

Nightwing26 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post

Aren't they together now? I don't regularly read comics, but I do remember the 2 of them becoming a couple in the comics sometime after the show ended. Also, IIRC, BB has a tail now; he kind of looks like Nightcrawler, only, you know, green.

Raven's little smile at the end was a nod to that ship, I believe.
    Now? Um, well no. As of the New 52 reboot, Raven was never a member of any incarnation of the Teen Titans (assuming Tim's team is not the only incarnation, and Dick really did lead a team... There hasn't really been a definitive answer to this.), and Beast Boy now has red skin (to kinda go with red being the colour of animal life as said in Animal Man), and hasn't interacted with Raven yet. Basically, none of the original Titans members were really a team with the exceptions of Dick, Kori, Roy...

So I'm still waiting to see Donna somewhere, it's been two years since the reboot, she hasn't shown up at all, was supposed to show up in Young Justice but didn't, and well that's the reason I hope she shows up on TTG. Maybe something like this episode, except with all the guys falling for her, with either Robin being the most obvious/desperate, or the most laid back or something... I don't know. She already has a TT design, so they just have to convert her to the TTG art style.

This episode was pretty great though. I could've done without the smile at the end, but I get they're just throwing a bone at the BBxRae shippers. Terra was fun, this was a great 'retelling' of the second season, and I liked that. I also noticed that, in addition to Terra, much like the original season, Beast Boy, Raven, and Robin were the ones with the most focus, while Cyborg and Starfire were more in the background.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would love to see one episode like Tiny Teens, in which the Titans, and all other young heros like Titan East and all the honorary Titans, and even the young villains like the HIVE Five, Kitten, Blackfire, all to go to the same high school, you could have some fun with the shipping, and the clics, it would be fun. Something like Avatar: The Last Airbender School Time Shipping or Fairy Tail Fairy Academy OVA, it would be fun to see the TT universe in that kind of setting. Maybe not in this show, but in some animated form.
    Last edited by zoombie; 08-22-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Funny that this version of Terra is closer to her comic counterpart then the 2002 version was. While I liked that Terra, what made her interesting in the original comics was that she didn't reform, she was a cold heartless character who never developed feelings for the Titans and was using them up until the end. Sure they could not get away with that in the cartoon I felt her redemption in aftershock part two was forced to be honest.

That being said I was presently surprised with this Terra who yeah does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. She shown no remorse using Beast Boy.

I have no problem with sympathetic characters but not every character should be sympathetic.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    Funny that this version of Terra is closer to her comic counterpart then the 2002 version was. While I liked that Terra, what made her interesting in the original comics was that she didn't reform, she was a cold heartless character who never developed feelings for the Titans and was using them up until the end. Sure they could not get away with that in the cartoon I felt her redemption in aftershock part two was forced to be honest.

That being said I was presently surprised with this Terra who yeah does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. She shown no remorse using Beast Boy.

I have no problem with sympathetic characters but not every character should be sympathetic.
    Well that should be no surprise, except for Raven, the Titans themselves are not very sympathic on this show. They are not very likable, it is like Seinfeld.

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think this might be my favorite episode of the series so far. Sure, I love Terra and it's great seeing her again for the first time since the original series' finale, but what really made this episode great was the humor. I don't think I've ever seen so many gags fired so rapidly and repeatedly at the viewer. This is definitely a top tier episode, if only for the fact that it's an absolute laugh fest.

* Loved the opening with Robin doing a "Good Morning" musical number, abruptly ending when he spots Terra. Also great is BB introducing Terra to the group, showing a set of pictures starting with him shoving her to the Photo Booth, and ending with her punching him to the ground.
    * Robin is hilarious all through the short, with his running gag of trying to surprise Terra with "Titan Tests". ("If Terra wants to be a part of the team, she'll have to pass a series of carefully designed tests... BE PREPARED!! ... FOR ANYTHING!!")
    * We get another running gag here, with everyone except Raven being totally oblivious that Terra is evil. It's really, really, REALLY dumb, but on a show like this, it fits.
    * Why is Terra using such a gigantic phone? This is smartphone era, girl!
    * Side note, but this is the fourth time Greg Cipes and Ashley Johnson play two characters on the same show that are romantically involved. I'm going to make a prediction here and say there will be another instance before the end of 2015.
    * "Somebody is J-E-ALOUS!" I will never unsee that Cyborg face. Never.
    * So apparently the Titans' main computer has everything in four folders: "Titans Sensitive Secrets", "Robin's Jamz", "Warez", and one last folder that's nothing but pictures of dolphins. Huh.
    * Raven Vs. Terra could have been an awesome fight, but I felt it ended too early with Raven sucking Terra into another dimension. Oh well, it's not like Status Quo cares about that, this is the show where everyone can die and come back the next episode, after all.
    * The final shot was a cute nod to the BBxRae shippers, but I wouldn't look too much into it. It's ridiculous that, based on what I've seen at other sites, people are already claiming the pairing is "canon".

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    We don't need a TV show for that; anybody who wants to see the Teen Titans characters attending high school and going on dates can just read fan fiction. That's like the premise of every third TT fanfic. Putting the Titans in high school would be waaaaay too obvious.
    Pulling the "You can go read fanfiction" card is a really lame argument, as wanting to see something happen on the actual show is not the same as reading a fanfic. There's plenty of fanfiction out there that resembles the actual show, so if the series got canceled and the network's argument were to be "You can go read fanfiction", would you say it's a valid one?
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    Pulling the "You can go read fanfiction" card is a really lame argument, as wanting to see something happen on the actual show is not the same as reading a fanfic. There's plenty of fanfiction out there that resembles the actual show, so if the series got canceled and the network's argument were to be "You can go read fanfiction", would you say it's a valid one?
    Point taken, but I just personally wouldn't want to see that, though I wouldn't fault a TV producer if that was something they wanted to do.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast