Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Beware The Batman "Hunted"

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll

7 14.58%
  • ****1/2

9 18.75%

16 33.33%
  • ***1/2

6 12.50%

2 4.17%
  • **1/2

3 6.25%

3 6.25%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

2 4.17%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beware The Batman "Hunted" Series Premiere Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    The all-new animated series Beware The Batman debuts today at 10:00am (ET/PT) as part of the DC Nation programming block on Cartoon Network!

Read the The World's Finest review by clicking here!

Beware The Batman
    July 13th, 2013 at 10:00am (ET/PT) - "#01 Hunted" -- Series Premiere!

Batman stops two vigilantes from taking their revenge over a shady land deal. An aging Alfred hires his replacement: a female bodyguard named Katana.

Comments?

Mod Note: Please feel free to start discussing this new series right away! And remember - discussion is encouraged, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own running commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

ToonFan83 is offline I'll grow old, but never up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Isn't that Mr. Terrific?

And does Alfred look like one of Lex Luthor's incarnations to anyone?

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am not used to young cockney Alfred.

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty good episode of Beware the Batman- I can't wait to see more in the future, and at the same time, today's episode also resembles everything about Batman as a crime fighter. BTW, this is Alfred, before he grew his moustache, but still, a fighter as a retired agent and is willing to sacrifice injuring himself, if it means saving the lives of his fellow captors from those villains Toad and Pyg. Speaking of which, Batman kicked both Toad and Pyg's rear ends in combat, before the platform exploded, after Alfred got himself and his fellow captives out. Batman knows he's going to deal with Toad and Pyg again, but Bruce Wayne will have a female bodyguard, who's also a motorcycle-riding warrior- it'll be interesting to see how she, too, will combat the bad guys in future battles. All in all, "Hunted" is a good episode and I can't wait to see more in the future.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

Coach McGuirk is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Here are some thoughts:

It's great to see a serious, dark Batman again. He reminded me of the Nolan Batman in the opening sequence, as he toyed with the bank robber by using the smoke. I was glad to see Batman doing detective work. And was that or was that not the perfect voice for Batman? I'm not one of those people who demands that Kevin Conroy be the voice of Batman constantly, but this new voice certainly sounds like Kevin Conroy, while being just different enough to make this Batman seem fresh. This was a great introduction to the character.

Bruce and Alfred's relationship was well done. You can tell Alfred cares about Bruce, and again, here was another aspect that reminded me of the Nolan Batman. Even though this Alfred is more stern, his care for the well-being of Bruce is obvious. It's good to see this show isn't all about action, and that there are moments for the characters to have meaningful interactions.

The villains were a good choice. They were creepy, and they had a grand plan in the tradition of all of Batman's classic rogues.

The music was perfect. It wasn't overbearing. Instead, it did its thing in the background, and it added to the serious mood of the episode.

The animation is certainly different than what I'm used to, but I don't mind it. It made for some nice sweeping shots of Gotham and Wayne Manor.

The show ended in a way where you can see that there are interesting things coming in the future, and that's cool that there's a focus on making a larger story throughout the series. I'm looking forward very much to seeing more.

Buddy Lee is offline Hollywood pitchman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would have liked if they gave Alfred some hair on the sides like Sean Connery which is what I thought they were kinda going for in this interpretation of Alfred. My son thought it was Lex Luthor when he first showed up attacking Bruce Wayne. I'm interested in where this series will progress. While the Timm Batman went a little heavy on Joker episodes, I do hope we get to see some of the more traditional Bat-villains as well as these lesser, more obscure adversaries.
    "Can't Bust 'Em" Lee Dungarees

Bart: Why do we need Church shoes? Jesus wore sandals
    Homer: Maybe if he had better arch support, they wouldn't have caught him

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The animation definitely takes some getting used to, but it was a strong start.

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was OK for me. I liked Alfred a lot more than I thought I would, and Anthony Del Rio made a pretty good Batman. Everything else felt like it was just there though, Pyg & Toad felt neutered especially.

Lord Sidious is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not bad at all.

yup that was Mr. Terrific.

This could be on the same universe as Green Lantern. Man if they didn't cancel that series there could've been some crossovers then a JL someday.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It wasn't bad, but Alfred kept reminding me of Lex, especially later in the episode. He needs some hair on the sides or something. Show seems to have promise though.

Of course the CG limitations do show again with Gotham apparently being a complete and total ghost town at all hours of the day. I did enjoy the scene with the robbers at the start though, but the "gun" tweaks that those cowards at WB ordered for the show are ridiculous and it shows. I hope that nonsense gets lifted if this manages to survive for another season.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast