toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

SDCC 2013 Panel Info & Discussion

Like This Thread!
    Just like last year, this thread will be to post info about DC animation related panels, booths, events, etc. that will take place at this year's San Diego Comic Con. Please provide a link to your source if you can, too, and I will keep a running list.

Also, feel free to discuss things too general or cryptic you can't find a thread for.

1) Friday, July 19 2:45 to 3:45 pm at Ballroom 5AB: Spotlight on Bruce Timm SDCC page

2) Friday, July 19 7:30 to 9:30 pm at Ballroom 20: Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox will be screened. Panel includes Justin Chambers (Flash), Kevin McKidd (Batman), C. Thomas Howell (Professor Zoom), Cary Elwes (Aquaman), Sam Daly (Superman), and a few surprise voice cast members, producer James Tucker, director Jay Oliva, dialogue director Andrea Romano, screenwriter Jim Krieg, and character designer Phil Bourassa with Gary Miereanu as moderator. DCE Article, SDCC page

3) Friday, July 19 9:30 to 11:30 pm at Ballroom 20: Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox encore SDCC page

4) Saturday, July 20 11 am to 12 pm at WB Booth: Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox Signing

5) Saturday, July 20 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm at Room 24ABC: Spotlight on Paul Dini SDCC Page

6) Saturday, July 20 4:15m to 5:15 pm at Room 6A: Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment: Superman's 75th Anniversary Celebration. Tim Daly and Molly Quinn will participate. An animatic clip of the 2-minute short by Zack Snyder and Bruce Timm will be shown. SDCC Page, CBR Article, DC Blog,

7) Saturday, July 20 5:45 pm to 6:45 pm at Room 6DE: Batman: The Animated Series turns 21. SDCC Page

8) Sunday, July 21 11:45 to 12:45 pm at Room 6BCF: Producer Aaron Horvath and members of the voice cast, including Scott Menville and Greg Cipes, will talk about Teen Titans Go! from TV Line article, SDCC Page

9) Sunday, July 21 1 to 2 pm at Room 6BCF: Producers Glen Murakami and Mitch Watson and members of voice cast (Confirmed: Anthony Ruivivar) will talk about Beware The Batman. TV Line article, Ruivivar tweet, SDCC Page

10) All days: A DC's World's Funnest Superman figure and Super Best Friends Forever's three pack of Batgirl, Wonder Girl, and Supergirl, designed by Lauren Faust, will be on sale as part of the DC Collectibles. The Superman will sell for $24.95 and the SBFF three pack for $49.95 USA Today Article

Informal Meet Up/Panels

11) Saturday, July 20 11 am behind the convention center: Young Justice - Greg Weisman, Brandon Vietti, and Stephanie Lemelin, and more to come. Map Here

Staffer Schedules

12) Greg Weisman's
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 07-17-2013 at 02:50 AM. Reason: staffers, yj meet up
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 29, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

ashleesmach1 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wud like to go one day but I live in South Carolina and don't want to spend the money to get there, oh well woes me lol

Lord Sidious is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How does these conventions work???

Do we just buy tickets when we go there??

Can we bring a video camera and film the event??

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    How does these conventions work???

Do we just buy tickets when we go there??

Can we bring a video camera and film the event??
    If you haven't bought tickets then you're not getting in. They sell them online and they're all gone by now.
    And it varies from panel to panel. Sometimes they specify that you aren't allowed to film.

I, Spyral is offline Moonrider
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Snyder + Timm sounds like a combo for a spectacular animation, even if it's short. Imagine them doing a movie.

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if the Superman short will have any dialogue and if it does I wonder if they got Henry Cavill in to do it
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    First word: Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox will be shown on Friday the 19th.

EDIT: Some Batman: The Brave and The Bold 'fun' at the Warner Archive panel. Likely something about the Blu-ray.

Riddler is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This will be my 5th year going to the Con! Can't wait!!

It looks like Beware the Batman and TT:GO have their own separate panels this year? Last year they just had a DC Nation panel which I didn't like as much because there was less focus on each show.

I wonder if Warner Bros. will release a schedule of when signings are going to be at their booth like they've done previous years.

Last year they had a stage outside the convention center for different events too like a Kevin Smith / Bruce Timm interview. It'd be cool if they brought that back again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox - July 19 7:30-9:30 pm at Ballroom 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    It looks like Beware the Batman and TT:GO have their own separate panels this year? Last year they just had a DC Nation panel which I didn't like as much because there was less focus on each show.
    Details are scant for now but most likely it'll be one big DC Nation panel for BTB, TTG! and shorts.

I wonder if Warner Bros. will release a schedule of when signings are going to be at their booth like they've done previous years.
    So far, just saw info for The Flashpoint Paradox signing, at WB Booth on Saturday July 20 11 am to 12 pm.

Riddler is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post

So far, just saw info for The Flashpoint Paradox signing, at WB Booth on Saturday July 20 11 am to 12 pm.
    Cool! I'm assuming they'll be using wrist bands for the signings...

I noticed there's a "Spotlight on Bruce Timm" panel on Friday. Sounds interesting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast