toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Alph is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Mainly I just want animated Superman to ditch the "underpants on the outside" look. The same goes for animated Batman. It has always been such a stupid look that they keep around just because of tradition.

Other than that, I can't think of much they could take that hasn't already been utilized. If anything, MoS is treading ground that Animated Superman treaded long ago (strong scifi themes, extreme superpowered fight scenes, a more competent and useful Lois Lane).
    'Nuff said.

I, Spyral is offline Moonrider
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alph View Post
    Mainly I just want animated Superman to ditch the "underpants on the outside" look. The same goes for animated Batman. It has always been such a stupid look that they keep around just because of tradition.

Other than that, I can't think of much they could take that hasn't already been utilized. If anything, MoS is treading ground that Animated Superman treaded long ago (strong scifi themes, extreme superpowered fight scenes, a more competent and useful Lois Lane).
    Yeah that was kind of my problem with the movie, actually. It was too much Byrne/TAS/Smallville/EarthOne, while I prefer more All Star Superman/Birthright. And heck the Superman I prefer is probably better for the cartoon demographics. More all-ages friendly, and big awe-inspiring sci-fi.

-batmat- is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If there's a new animated series, I'd really like that they do the same thing that happends in the movie: Lois found out Clark is Superman. I just hate it when Lois doesn't know.. I mean... could it be more obvious for her?

I really enjoyed the movie. I agree that there was too much destruction at the end, BUT that gave me an idea of what the sequel could be...
    Spoiler:
    With that much of Metropolis now destroyed, maybe Lex Luthor rebuilds it! So he really OWNS Metropolis since he rebuild it, but he would be a villain never the less, doing illegal things and stuff.

I really liked that Superman is now a serious hero and character, and not just a boy scout, you know?
    -What the hell are you?!
    - I'm the batmat

beyond94 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -batmat- View Post
    If there's a new animated series, I'd really like that they do the same thing that happends in the movie: Lois found out Clark is Superman. I just hate it when Lois doesn't know.. I mean... could it be more obvious for her?

I really enjoyed the movie. I agree that there was too much destruction at the end, BUT that gave me an idea of what the sequel could be...
    Spoiler:
    With that much of Metropolis now destroyed, maybe Lex Luthor rebuilds it! So he really OWNS Metropolis since he rebuild it, but he would be a villain never the less, doing illegal things and stuff.

I really liked that Superman is now a serious hero and character, and not just a boy scout, you know?
    I agree! I didn't like the fact that Lois learned that Bruce Wayne was Batman! that always got under my skin!! Hopefully now this will change if Bruce Timm decides to do a new Superman animated series where Lois discovers Clark's identity!

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope the next Superman movie doesn't have Lois in on the secret. Superman: Doomsday and All-Star Superman were both stories in which Lois found out the secret, Superman vs. the Elite and Superman Unbound were stories in which Lois already knew his secret, and Justice League: Doom implies that Lois knows. So since 2007, they've almost entirely eschewed the Superman trope that Lois doesn't know he's Superman.

Granted, I understand there are a lot of people who like it when Lois is in on it, and it the fact that she's not fooled by Clark's flimsy disguise prevents her from looking stupider, but I almost don't even care about the idea of a secret identity if certain people close to him already know. Plus, Lois' not knowing is more ingrained in Superman's history, and while we had 10 years of the DCAU (sort of, it's not like she was always in JLU) to have stories in which she doesn't know, I think the movies can afford to do a little back and forth.

swarlock is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syryu35 View Post
    I'm always up for a new Superman solo series and I really liked Man of Steel. But I don't think the movie should influence any future animation projects. The animated universe should be its own thing and not be tied down by film interpretations.
    I agree.

Some movie tie ins don't mix and match as far as I'm concerned.

Ceralyn Guest
    Definitely! The movie was a fresh take on the story, and I really enjoyed it. So many positive influences could be taken from the movie. The entire Krypton scene was just amazing. Krypton is always such a mystery, and while mysteries are great and all, sometimes we just want some answers. Advanced societies are usually depicted in a very boring and unoriginal way - this was so much better and more interesting. And I just loved that flying pterodactyl-like creature!

I just loved that they dropped the red underwear, and I hope to see that in animation as well. I can appreciate tradition, but the red underwear is an eyesore. And absurd.

Above all, even though they included a magnificent physical challenge for Superman in General Zod and the other Kryptonians, I think the best part of the movie was showing that Superman's greatest challenge is more in finding his place in the world. His whole life he had to lie and hide and conceal his abilities; he always has to hold back. In that sense, he doesn't really fit in. When he puts on the suit and accepts his place as Superman, it isn't fitting in - but rather accepting that his place in the world is to be different from the rest and use those abilities to help others. We don't often see much internal conflict in animation, and I think that could definitely add something to the movies.

The Talon is offline Written in the Stars
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Boy I hope not. The last thing I want to see in a Superman cartoon is "Thanks Superman, you saved the day! Except the hundreds of thousands that brutally died, but eh, that's just collateral damage amiright?"

Thy_Blight is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Talon View Post
    Boy I hope not. The last thing I want to see in a Superman cartoon is "Thanks Superman, you saved the day! Except the hundreds of thousands that brutally died, but eh, that's just collateral damage amiright?"
    In fairness, he wasn't really THE Superman yet...

Master Toon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy_Blight View Post
    In fairness, he wasn't really THE Superman yet...
    Neither was Clark on Smallville but he doesn't have massive causalities on his record.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast