toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I'm honestly not going to miss Green Lantern all that much. It was a solid effort, but I still wasn't crazy about the overall look of the show in CG and some of the voices. Also I really didn't care for Aya and her character arc dominating most of the show. She was the least interesting character in the entire show so for her character to take up so much screentime and making her ultimately the big bad weighed down the experience for me.

I think Josh Keaton was a good Hal but not a great Hal. He sounded more like what I think Kyle Rayner should sound like to me.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

The Dark Lord is offline 54985870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    I think Josh Keaton was a good Hal but not a great Hal. He sounded more like what I think Kyle Rayner should sound like to me.
    I felt the same way at first, but he won me over as the best Hal voice by the time it ended. Bruce Timm, you've done it again!

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just going to enjoy the next crop of stuff. I really don't want to give Batman and Teen Titans too much thought just yet. I know the first ten eps will determine what I think about it. I enjoyed GL but wasn't in love with it, and YJ season 1 was great, but season 2 had just too much story and the extra character s to sell happy meals or whatever was okay but a little much. I feel sorry about them not doing a third season to tie up loose ends like Darkseid and the marriage, Alas. . .

I will be keeping an eye on DCNation shorts and also what Marvel has to offer. Hope that the shorts can at the very least be used as a potential sequel to YJ. I can imagine a series of six shorts on new team members joining kinda like Independence Day and meeting to take down one villain.

CartoonFridays is offline Promoted to detective.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I don't care, but everywhere, including here, Tumblr and 4chan are making rants and wish for Snyder's head on a pike.
    Besides, I like more comedy.
    Young lady, I'm an expert on humans!

brickrrb2 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yet another in their long sad list of poor decisions.

This network Will Never regain the magic it once had

swarlock is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2 View Post
    This network Will Never regain the magic it once had
    It lost any meaning a long time ago.

VladDraculi is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's put it this way, I am done with DC Nation. I will not be watching Beware the Batman and I sure as hell will not waste my time on that crappy looking Teen Titans too.

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They obviously plan shows around whatever new DC movie is in the works. Or just do a new Batman if all else fails.

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cartoon Network WILL regain its glory, once again, but not with Stuart Snyder at the helm. As much as I don't like seeing Green Lantern and Young Justice leave the airwaves, it's time to move on. Batman is still a high commodity, nowadays, so it'll be interesting to see how Beware the Batman fares, staying on the mainstream adventure path, while Teen Titans Go borders primarily on superhero comedy. That being said, split D.C. Nation into two separate blocks- D.C. Nation Saturday and D.C. Nation Sunday. For D.C. Nation Saturday, expand it to 90 minutes and have an animated Aquaman series as well as a reboot of Isis, join Beware the Batman, while for D.C. Nation Sunday, also expand it to 90 minutes and join Teen Titans Go with both new animated versions of Plastic Man and Captain Marvel(Shazam). If this upcoming schedule falters, then Stuart Snyder needs to go- as far as I'm concerned, the sooner Donna Speciale becomes CN's president, the better things will get.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To put it simply.... I feel sad! CN treats any action thats not Ben-10 or Star Wars *up until they lost it* HORRIBLY! GLTAS & YJ are just the latest in a long line of mis-treated action animations, I really hope this trend changes some day and action shows get more respect from CN. *sigh*
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

Ultra8 is offline Now all I/You can do
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A little pissed off. My lack of CN on my capable package left me having to work around certain hurdles and now that I finally get to watch some of both shows, it's just to see them end. Just when I think they're going to go a Toonami route an extend the time slot they do the opposite and just decide to clean house.
    Though I'm tempted by Teen Titans Go, it's still saddening to see two shows that could have gone on far longer and continued to get better.
    Toonami - 1997-2008

Darkseid Facts:
    4.Darkseid is the reason Waldo is hiding.

"Sore wa himitsu desu."

"There is no front or behind! Only your destruction!!" - Ashuramaru, SDGundam

"Yopopoi! Tupopoi! Supopopopoi!" -Yopopo

Deshaded is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,
    Apologies for the delayed posting here on Tumblr and Facebook – as you might have heard via our tweet last night, there is a meeting on the books with WB to discuss bringing back GLTAS and YJ. The meeting is set for April 11.
    We are extremely excited to be meeting with them and we will do everything we possibly can to get your shows’ formal approval. They are listening; your support pushed this to the top, so thank them and continue to tell them you want the chance to bring these shows back. It’s working.
    We will continue to keep you informed as we progress with these shows. Hope to have more info soon.
    #Motorcity, #DTTBIA23, #666PA fans, we haven’t stopped working for your shows either, so please keep fighting the good fight. We will continue to reach out to the appropriate people this week to try to set up a meeting.
    Keep fighting, keep being awesome, and keep showing interest on Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook - let’s save these shows together.
    Thanks all!
    Smgo.tv appears to be a thing similar to Kickstarter, this message was originally found on their Tumblr and has since been edited to just say they have to go dark for a while.

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshaded View Post
    Smgo.tv appears to be a thing similar to Kickstarter, this message was originally found on their Tumblr and has since been edited to just say they have to go dark for a while.
    Wow, that's a cool development.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3