toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I'm more annoyed about Green Lantern getting cancelled, but the Young Justice fans have my sympathies. It'll probably be another 850 years before we get another solo Green Lantern animated series... or a solo anyone-who-isn't-Batman animated series.

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Both cancellations made for very disappointing news. I hope plenty of people are writing to Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network about this. It's not much to ask of people and if enough people write in, they will take notice.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I grew up watching cartoons all my life, and I've seen many shows end, for various reasons. As a cartoon fan, I've learned that I can't be upset every time this happens, as petitions and whining only leads to full set releases on DVD or bringing the show back in ways people won't be pleased about.
    Seeing Young Justice and Green Lantern end is unfortunate, but I'll find something else to watch.
    The only thing that could really make me upset about this is if these shows end in a cliffhanger. Like Aya is still evil, or the Reach make their move to take over the world and they're not stopped.
    Now THAT would suck!

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like it, but I can tolerate it more easily knowing that all shows come to an end. Also making me tolerate the end of YJ more is the fact that I think the second season was weaker than the first, and if things continued the way they did, there's a chance I might've merely tolerated watching S3 instead of actually enjoying it and looking forward to it.

The thing that would bother me the most, though, is if some of the dangling issues were left just like that and unresolved. If somehow everything got wrapped up in a neat and tidy package, then the ending would be well-timed. I don't think that'll happen, though, so I'm guess I'll be disappointed.

Miranda Cosgrove Guest
    oh there is still the slightest hope for the two series. https://www.change.org/petitions/car...-justice#share and http://www.change.org/petitions/cart...nimated-series if you sign here than hopefully CN might reconsider. so please even if you find it hopeless just sign it!!

#SaveYJandGLTAS a tumblrblog dedicated on the issue.
    mannnnn why doesn't CN ever care about the fandoms?

Spoiler:

Mod Note: Posts merged. Posting more than once in a row is not allowed. In the future, please use the "Edit" function to add to your post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know how Aya felt in the GLTAS episode "Cold Fury", and I'll leave it at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess with YJ, I went through a bit of "mourning" when the time jump happened. It ended that era already but then I really liked the new era with all of it's characters. Maybe what gets me is that there might have been another time jump and I'm not sure if YJ was going to live up to it's full potential but it would have still been worth watching.

Green Lantern's cancellatoin is what kills me. It's a show with a great flow and mix of singular episodes organically within a larger arc and so many ways it could go after introducing a few of the Corps and some new GLs. I mean, Sinestro, c'mon. They introduce Sinestro and we won't get to follow up on that? The Blues just get going and that's it. Carol has a ring. So much could still happen.

I guess in the end, both upset me as I've long wanted a series for Superboy and a series based just on Green Lantern. As JTMarsh posted, we'll probably have to wait another 850 years before Green Lantern gets a series again.

Fancyarcher is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Cosgrove View Post
    oh there is still the slightest hope for the two series. https://www.change.org/petitions/car...-justice#share and http://www.change.org/petitions/cart...nimated-series if you sign here than hopefully CN might reconsider. so please even if you find it hopeless just sign it!!

#SaveYJandGLTAS a tumblrblog dedicated on the issue.
    mannnnn why doesn't CN ever care about the fandoms?

Spoiler:

Mod Note: Posts merged. Posting more than once in a row is not allowed. In the future, please use the "Edit" function to add to your post.
    That won’t work. CN doesn’t care, they wanted those shows dead.

As for the shows themselves I’m pissed. Young Justice and Green Lantern get cancelled for a kiddy Titans cartoon and another Batman show.

Great Cartoon Network, just great.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One more reason to get rid of Snyder & Sorcher. On the other hand, the beancounters weren't happy that the toy tie-ins weren't moving too well, from what I've read, and, coupled with the way both shows got jerked off the air in October, well.......!

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It sucks, I really hope both shows get a DTV or two in future.

Young Justice hurts more causes think its the best show ever done in DC Animation but I agree that at 48 episodes it's had avoid run. However Green Lantern seems really cut short at 26 episodes. I think one more half season at least for that show. I think what I'm more peeved antis they've been cancelled in favour of yet another Batman show and a comeback of Teen Titabs Go! which for me sucked the first time round. Here's hoping TTG only lasts one season and is replaced by a new Superman show. Also hope GL & YJ get a DTV in future.
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast