toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Post Not Showing Up? (Please Read)

Like This Thread!
    For the past couple months, you may have encountered a situation where you submit a post but it doesn't show up. This is because the post was "Auto-Moderated" in that forum software categorized your post incorrectly as spam and it is up to a Moderator or Administrator to approve your post or thread so that it appears.

Ways My Post can get Auto-Moderated

1) Posting raw links to web sites, even ones legitimate in nature

Example:
    Wow check out this article I saw: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/...just-vanished/
    Solution: While not full proof, the likelihood of this solution will reduce the chances your post will be moderated. Type out your post, highlight (click and drag your mouse over) a couple words or delegate a word at the end of the post like '(Source)', click on the Link button (looks like a globe with a chain at the bottom in row 2 of 3 in the over head Tool Bars when posting, paste in the link, hit "OK" and done.

Example:
    Wow check out this article I saw
    2) Posted a long list of raw links

Example: Solution: See 1) solution

3) Typing several times in all caps

Example:
    OMG, I was LMAO LMAO LMAO all night long at that scene but ROFL
    Solution: Aside from avoiding all caps, use them sparingly.

4) Typing 1-3 word posts

Example:
    Yup.
    Solution: Elaborate more on your thoughts. This is a violation of the Forum Rules here as it is essentially spam anyway. For the next couple of days, this violation will be overlooked but if a user abuses this, they will be given a Poke or Warning.

Ways To Rescue My Post After It's Auto-Moderated

1) Send a Private Message to a Moderator or Administrator. Preferably, contact one who is assigned to the section where you posted. In the DC Animation Forum, that's James Harvey, myself (Yojimbo), M.O.D.O.K., or Wonderwall. To help expedite the process, in the message identify the specific thread you posted in and/or link to the thread.

2) Click on the Report A Post button in the thread and stipulate this is to report your post hasn't shown up and would like a Moderator to investigate.

Ways Not To Rescue My Post After It's Auto-Moderated

1) Do not repost over and over until your post appears. This is a violation of the Forum Rules here as it is essentially posting multiple times in a row. For the next couple of days, this violation will be overlooked but if a user abuses this, they will be given a Poke or Warning.

Conclusion

This should cover the topic. If you have further questions, concerns, or complaints, do not hesitate to contact us and we will pass it on to the Administrative staff. The issue is already known by the staff, it won't be changing in the immediate future, and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: October 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've seen two member's posts in threads I subscribed to but have since disappeared. I've reposted their post in a quote.

If you've had a similar problem, send me a Private Message and I report it.

EDIT: This glitch appears to be resolved as of July 14th.

EDIT2: The glitch has returned as of July 18th, I've seen that dmxx116's post in Brandon Vietti Mystery Project thread and Otaku-sempai's in Justice League: Throne of Atlantis have vanished so far. Please let me or another assigned Moderator/Admin if your post here has disappeared, too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So far I've experienced one redirect glitch today and that's with the Throne of Atlantis thread. The staff knows of it and is working on it.

EDIT: As of 2 am eastern, Throne of Atlantis appears to be back to normal.

If you find anymore redirect glitches, send a Private Message to James Harvey or any of the assigned moderators, including myself. Please specify what thread here and what thread it takes you to.