toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 47 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DC Nation Removed From Schedule, Returning January 2013 (Updated)

Like This Thread!
    http://www.nickandmore.com/2012/10/1...been-replaced/

Sorry people – there will apparently be no new episodes of Green Lantern: The Animated Series or Young Justice: Invasion this weekend… or next.In what is apparently an extremely last minute schedule change, the DC Nation block has been replaced by repeats of DreamWorks Dragons: Riders of Berk on Saturday and Johnny Test on Sunday (10-11am both days).
    You can check the official CartoonNetwork.com schedule page to see for yourself.
    The big question now is… what’s happened? Why the last minute removal and apparently no rescheduled dates?
    There’s going to be a lot of mad people later this morning… Though this does explain why no preview media (clips, images and descriptions) was sent out this week.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    One point of contention with that article. There was a USA Today article with an image, clip, and interview with Giancarlo Volpe in anticipation of "Steam Lantern" so there was media this week. Hopefully, this schedule thing was an error...
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: October 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    One point of contention with that article. There was a USA Today article with an image, clip, and interview with Giancarlo Volpe in anticipation of "Steam Lantern" so there was media this week. Hopefully, this schedule thing was an error...
    Didn't know that, but I was speaking more of the regular media sent out by Warner Bros. Animation to sites like mine, World's Finest, toonzone etc. We didn't get that this week (for either show). That USA Today article was most likely an exclusive.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Well that's a shame. Even though I've been catching new episodes for both series On Demand for awhile now, replacing the whole block with reruns is pretty sad. I don't know how well the block has been doing with ratings, but it seems rather sudden to get rid of it for even more repeats of Dragons and Johnny Test. Hopefully, the block will come back or at least new episodes for both series could air elsewhere on the schedule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An entire "DC Nation" of mad people. Further evidence of CN's "Comedy Rules...because it's cheap!" policy.

Also, does anyone smell the words "falling out" in the air?
    "Legends never die. Networks kill them..."

"Crimefighters...don't cry...(HONK!)"

"あなたの弾丸は私に害を与えることができない。私の翼は鋼鉄の盾のようである!"

"This is my childhood. Don't mess with my childhood..."

"You just became part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet..."

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh, I hate when Cartoon Network does crap like this! I'm a huge DC Nation fan and I love watching Green Lantern, Young Justice, and all the cool shorts that come on in between, it makes me upset that CN would just change things at the very last minute and this certainly isn't the first time they've done something like this. I know business is business but there are lot's of fans out there looking for their new episodes and now they have to go without because of a stupid move like this, it just isn't fair.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This really confuses me... I'd love to hear the business logic behind this.
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So...they hype up the return of Green Lantern and Young Justice, then yank them off the air two episodes into their fall runs?

Sometimes it feels like CN wants their shows to fail.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/13 - Space Dandy Season 2 Review)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dark knight 90 View Post
    This really confuses me... I'd love to hear the business logic behind this.
    You're implying there's logic involved to begin with.

Nightwing26 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know what to say... What happened to DC Nation's contract? It was supposed to be 3 years!! YJ and GLTAS was doing pretty good!! People were saying that if somehow the contract was ended, then CN could air the shows on Toonami, butwhat about all the shorts? And try can't air on Toonami anytime soon since the schedule is full... I hate you CN... And I was just getting excited for YJ possibly getting a season 3...

Page 1 of 47 1234567891011 ... LastLast