toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Fancyarcher is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

You know what Iím pissed. CN did this on purpose. They didnít care about those shows. So itís not surprising.

In general cartoon network seems to despise action shows unless they have merchandising.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An additional update on the news of Green Lantern: The Animated Series no longer in production is now available on The World's Finest.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think I'm more disappointed in Green Lantern being cancelled than I am with Young Justice. I have been enjoying Green Lantern more than Young Justice for awhile and it only has one season, as opposed to two. It also does feel disappointing that they're being replaced with a new Batman series and a new Teen Titans series. It is a shame that they couldn't have all four of them and expand DC Nations into two hours. At least there's a pretty good chance of Green Lantern ending the season on good note. Hopefully they can give a nice ending to the Razer/Aya relationship too.

the_joker is offline Member Last Line Of Defense Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I'm definitely disappointed about GL and YJ's (possible) cancellation. I'm quite sure I'll enjoy TTG! and BtB, but GL and YJ both deserve a longer run (especially GL).

I was also hoping that GL:TAS would be successful so it could make up for the live-action movie being unsuccessful...

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As disappointed as I am with Young Justice ending, I'm even more torn up about Green Lantern.

Cancelling it after one season feel like such a waste, especially with the great action and plot that the show's been delivering on a weekly basis. In the prime of its youth, CN just kills it... getting rid of all that potential!

Honestly, I would be fine if they just ended Young Justice but kept Green Lantern to go along with Beware The Batman. I'd take Green Lantern in a heartbeat over Teen Titans Go, even having loved the original, because from what I've heard about TTG, it just doesn't hold up in comparison. I don't have a problem with Beware the Batman, but having a comedy show, a show that's reliant on an old continuity that lasted for 5 seasons, take the place of one of the best action shows on the air right now seems like a monumental waste.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Want to try and make a difference? Urge friend and fans to buy the DVDs, iTunes episodes, etc. No illegal downloading, no excuses, but buying. A big wave of merchandise purchases (i.e. money) is the only way Cartoon Network will make notice of the demand for this show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    Want to try and make a difference? Urge friend and fans to buy the DVDs, iTunes episodes, etc. No illegal downloading, no excuses, but buying. A big wave of merchandise purchases (i.e. money) is the only way Cartoon Network will make notice of the demand for this show.
    It's available on Netflix starting in March, don't know how much money WB makes from that but it would open up the possibility of more viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I think I'm more disappointed in Green Lantern being cancelled than I am with Young Justice.
    Yeah, we had two good seasons from YJ but the way it progresses with jumps, YJ didn't feel like it could be an ongoing. YJ always felt more like a miniseries.

GL had so much more ground to cover that hadn't been seen before. And for yet another Batman and another go at Teen Titans? I guess Cartoon Network just likes more of the same. Well, I wouldn't count on much for either of those Not with a Superman movie coming, something will get canned for a Superman series CN won't support beyond one season.

Mistah K88 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why is it whenever I have the slightest bit of interest in a show...It dies prematurely? This, Spectacular Spidey, Wolverine and the X-Men... *sigh* is it worth getting into a super hero cartoon nowadays?

Azeke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sad about GL:TAS ending.

About YJ... I'm only mad they didn't cancel it sooner.

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow CN has done everything I hoped they wouldn't, GLTAS was the last straw. I really have no interest in the upcoming TTG or that Batman show. CN was really the only cable channel I watched. And the only reason for that was GLTAS and Young Justice. WB/DC now have only two things I am kind of interested in... "Man Of Steel" and their DC DTVs, but even the DTV's look like they are not going to be going on for much longer. I plan on skipping Flashpoint as that is just the starting point for them to make Nu52 junk... Bleghhh...
    So yeah, I am kind of depressed now, lol. What can I watch, what will I do?... Maybe I could move to Marvel/Disney, lol.

D.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Yeah, we had two good seasons from YJ but the way it progresses with jumps, YJ didn't feel like it could be an ongoing. YJ always felt more like a miniseries.

GL had so much more ground to cover that hadn't been seen before. And for yet another Batman and another go at Teen Titans? I guess Cartoon Network just likes more of the same. Well, I wouldn't count on much for either of those Not with a Superman movie coming, something will get canned for a Superman series CN won't support beyond one season.
    They're probably thinking that both of those series could be more successful given how popular Batman and Teen Titans are. It's still a shame, especially when I agree that Green Lantern had more ground to cover and giving more of the less popular DC characters their own show sounds like a good idea to me, but I imagine that was at least part of the decision to go with those two shows over Green Lantern and Young Justice.

r0derix is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zap2it has new episode listings and loglines. Warning: some spoilers it seems made it through.

wind is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am sad to see Green Lantern cancelled. It was an extremely well written show. It made my like Hal Jordan for the first time ever and really made me care for a Red Lantern as well as Aya. Plus Saint Walker was fun and Kilowog is always great to see.

This series was better than the live action move by miles. Heck I'd rank it on par with the best of the DCAU. This is coming from a guy who was initially very against this show due to CGI, but this show really won me over as soon as the first episode started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All-new episodes of Green Lantern: The Animated Series are slated to air on Cartoon Network for the month of February 2013. Check out The World's Finest for spoiler-free episode logline details and more!

Please note that spoiler loglines provided by the network can be found on the Green Lantern: The Animated Series subsite.

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r0derix View Post
    Zap2it has new episode listings and loglines. Warning: some spoilers it seems made it through.
    Spoiler:
    No, Aya!! And I guess we all know who will be in "Scarred" lol

Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    All-new episodes of Green Lantern: The Animated Series are slated to air on Cartoon Network for the month of February 2013. Check out The World's Finest for spoiler-free episode logline details and more!

Please note that spoiler loglines provided by the network can be found on the Green Lantern: The Animated Series subsite.
    Can't wait for the "Larfleeze" episode!

"Love Is a Battlefield" has some interesting bits revealed. Not sure how Atrocitus fits in if the Manhunters are the ones invading Zamaron. The back half of February seems really exciting.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 18, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

morbosfist is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shame the Larfleeze one is so far back. Really want to see him animated. One thing I wonder is how they'll approach his ability to make living constructs out of his victims, or if he'll have them at all.

the_joker is offline Member Last Line Of Defense Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Can't wait for the "Larfleeze" episode!

"Love Is a Battlefield" has some interesting bits revealed. Not sure how Atrocitus fits in if the Manhunters are the ones invading Zamaron. The back half of February seems really exciting.
    I really wonder how Atrocitus' return will play out. I hope he doesn't come back for one episode just to lose in another fight.

And "Larfleeze" would be episode 23, so only 3 more episodes after that for the season and (not sure if this is spoiler or not. I think not, but just to be safe...)
    Spoiler:
    Hal gets the orange ring

so that also makes me wonder what will happen after "Larfleeze"...

Otherwise, I'm definitely looking forward to more GL:TAS and YJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
    I really wonder how Atrocitus' return will play out. I hope he doesn't come back for one episode just to lose in another fight.
    That would be sad, now that you mention it. With Razer being potentially more powerful, it's not like he's even needed against the Anti-Monitor.

And "Larfleeze" would be episode 23, so only 3 more episodes after that for the season and (not sure if this is spoiler or not. I think not, but just to be safe...)
    Spoiler:
    Hal gets the orange ring
    Just refreshed myself on what the orange ring and battery can do. Hopefully they stick to what color it can drain and what color can resist it but I'm interested on how powerful it really is. Ah, who am I kidding, I just can't wait to see how Larfleeze, himself, turns out.

so that also makes me wonder what will happen after "Larfleeze"...
    Hmm, I'd guess another 'soft' prelude to a two part finale like the first half of the season. Guess that means no Dex-Starr or Alan Scott...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New media has been provided by Cartoon Network from the upcoming all-new Green Lantern: The Animated Series episode "Cold Fury." Check out The World's Finest for all the details!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Science Director was holding back... explains that clip from awhile back of her shooting at the Anti-Monitor. But like Ganthet, bet she's got a limited amount to go around before she has to recharge.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast