toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Teen Titans was a great show and the shorts have been entertaining for the most part but I feel like they should be giving something else a chance to shine. Making the show even more comedic might get problematic because the 65 episode series did a great job of balancing humor with drama and action. Not that an all funny Teen Titans can't work but I have my reservations.

Also if this is a trade-off for Young Justice that'd be a lousy deal. Teen Titans had it's time and then some. As much as I like seeing the gang back together full time I am not entirely thrilled to read this announcement but we'll see how this shakes out.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    This is certainly a surprised. I figured that they would just stick with the shorts for the Teen Titan characters. Though, the fact that they're playing it up more as a comedy series from the press release does make me wonder if I would like it. I enjoyed the Teen Titans series for the most part, but the comedy and exaggerated expression usually didn't work for me. I'll probably give this a chance since I did like the series and the shorts have been okay, but I'm not too excited for it at the moment.

I definitely hope that this series doesn't come at the expense of Young Justice either. Teen Titans has had a good run, while Young Justice hasn't yet. I would prefer seeing at least one more season to end the series instead of ending it with this current season. Though, hopefully this does mean good news for the DC Nation block. Rotating the shows each week sounds like a nice way to handle these new shows, but I'd prefer it if they just extended the block to two hours. It would be a bit easier for people to follow the different series.

While I can understand why they decided to give Teen Titans another series, as it's something already established, I would have preferred for any of the other shorts to get picked up for a series. A Super Best Friends Forever, Animal Man or Plastic Man series could have worked better for me as a comedy-focused series and I'd prefer seeing something new instead as well. Still, I'll give the series a chance when it airs, so hopefully it will be entertaining.

Evo
    Evo is offline Agent of Providence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequinn

Besides three DC females in shorts, I don't see how it's a knock off of Gotham Girls.
    I guess it's just me. A short series with Batgirl and two friends. And the character designs are kind of similar. Maybe "knock-off" is a little harsh. They just remind me of each other.

quigonkenny is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo View Post
    I guess it's just me. A short series with Batgirl and two friends. And the character designs are kind of similar. Maybe "knock-off" is a little harsh. They just remind me of each other.
    The only similarity in design is that Batgirl is dressed as Batgirl...which is pretty unavoidable...

Toons4ever is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not quite sure how I fill about this just yet. On one hand I'm glad they're bring back TT (in a way), but on the other I doubt it'll be as good as the original. Don't get me wrong, I love the New teen titans short as much as the rest of you, but it's hard to say how good it'll be as a show. Personally I'll give it a shoot, but I hope fans won't just shoot this down just cause it's not exactly what they wanted or just cause they're in chibi form now.

PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Though I'd much rather see a return to the action/comedy version of the series, I love the characters so much that I'm still perfectly content to see them in a more comedic series. Titans, go!

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

ToonFan83 is offline I'll grow old, but never up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I look forward to this.

And given Lauren's track record, I don't think a SBFF series is too far off.

CN's focus may be boy-centric, but even they must recognize how popular SBFF is among both genders. It has the comedy/action that CN is looking for and it has the potential to appeal to both genders if handled correctly.

I mean, look at MLP: FiM. That alone proves that Lauren and crew can make a show that will be accepted by both genders.

supergirl's pal is offline Give us a SBFF Animated Series
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel that DC Animation should be more daring and stop playing it safe by reusing old concepts like Teen Titans. I liked that show, heck the ones with Mad Mod were a hoot, but there are other characters who should get the animated series treatment *COUGH* Wonder Woman *COUGH*.

I am surprised that the Teen Titans shorts got picked up for a full series instead of Super Best Friends Forever given all the publicity and acclaim it has received.

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the mention of the Batmobile is any indication, this show won't exactly be true to the spirit of the original. Glen Murakami mandated that there wasn't to be any association with adult heroes like Batman in the 2003-2006 show. Even if the Batmobile appears without Batman, that's pushing it a bit.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    You know I don't know why people are so upset about the news, at least as to how it relates to other series. You know why they're having Teen Titans Go as one of the first series to premiere after the launch of DC Nation? Because it has such a huge successful track record. Just like how there is always a new Batman series every couple of years due to how popular Batman is, the Teen Titans series popularity is still strong so they want to capitalize on that. And really if that hits the ground running like the original series that will be enough to not only help increase the length of DC Nation but get other series going. Sometimes you have to play it save before you throw in the more risky throws. Afterall DC Nation is still pretty young and you don't want it to burn out too quickly by trying to just appease the hardcore. Really I'm sure if TTG is popular enough they'll also green lite a super best friends forever series. Cartoon Network knows the success of the other network's and their female led shows so they're not going to be sexist if it means turning a profit.

As for the actual Teen Titans Go show... I have to say I'm actually glad to hear it's different then the original series. I mean the original TT was suppose to end after season four but CN wanted another season due to it being so popular and the creators decided to end things on "Things Change" instead which contrary to what some people think is a fitting finale. However you know what else season five had: a lot of BORING episodes that tried to play themselves too seriously. See here's the problem: the original Teen Titan series could do drama but one of it's main draws was it's humor and sense of fun. Yeah it had great action but really so do a lot of DC shows right now. It wasn't what made me a TT fan and really if the characters are going to be the same and just look different and get put in funnier situations, I'm fine with that. I can understand the fans who liked the serious drama being miffed about this but really this is something I don't mind doing something different and being it's own thing since I think we got enough from the original so why not twist things around a bit?
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.