toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
Loading

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 362
  1. #121
    The Dark Lord's Avatar
    The Dark Lord is offline 54985870
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    572
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

    As long as it's not Ultimate Spider-Man style "humor", I'll be fine.

  2. #122
    Gold Guy's Avatar
    Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,091
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Erm, I loved the original show, but I don't have much interest in this one. I suppose I'll watch some, but I just don't know if I'll be able to get into this one.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

    "What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

  3. #123
    Sgt.Frog is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Planet Pekopon
    Posts
    938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really care for this to be honest, I honestly would prefer a more action-orientated format but I guess I'll watch it. If only because I like the Original TT.

  4. #124
    Jave's Avatar
    Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space! Magma Champion Robots and Aliens: Reactor Twist 3D Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    10,935
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has it been confirmed if this show takes place after the original series or is completely unrelated?
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

    What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

  5. #125
    Medinnus's Avatar
    Medinnus is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,297
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yojimbo said elsewhere that while the series share voice actors, the new show is not canon with the old show.

  6. #126
    Replikon Xum's Avatar
    Replikon Xum is offline Reporter
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So TTGo is set to premiere in March. Was that the reason for the October hiatus? So TTGo can replace one of these DC Nation shows once the final episode has aired to avoid one set of "awkward reruns"...?

  7. #127
    Fancyarcher is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norwich Vermont
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Iím sorry but TTG looks stupid. I canít believe they replaced Young Justice with THAT. Itís not even a superhero show itís supposed to be a comedy series.

    UGH! This is typical CN garbage. It will probably get renewed regardless of ratings because it's a comedy series (and we know how much CN loves those).

  8. #128
    Yojimbo's Avatar
    Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Shahdaroba
    Posts
    10,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medinnus View Post
    Yojimbo said elsewhere that while the series share voice actors, the new show is not canon with the old show.
    Yep. It's only inspired by the original series.

    Quote Originally Posted by Replikon Xum View Post
    So TTGo is set to premiere in March. Was that the reason for the October hiatus? So TTGo can replace one of these DC Nation shows once the final episode has aired to avoid one set of "awkward reruns"...?
    April. Considering Beware The Batman is delayed to summer and TTG is in April, I suspect the hiatus may have been due in part to that BTB's production since we know it got delayed from Sam Register's pro-active reaction to the Aurora shooting and having regular guns edited away.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 18, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

  9. #129
    Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hammond IN
    Posts
    1,746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Frog View Post
    I don't really care for this to be honest, I honestly would prefer a more action-orientated format but I guess I'll watch it. If only because I like the Original TT.
    When you say "the original" do you mean the comic or the 2002 cartoon.? The 2002 cartoon was comedy oriented. The action was often second in that show.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lord View Post
    As long as it's not Ultimate Spider-Man style "humor", I'll be fine.
    No the humor will be like the 2002 teen titans which was a comedy.

    Come on the 2002 teen titans was a show where the characters heads would grow a hundred times their own size for no reason, a show where they gave us episodes like Mad Mod, the control freak episodes, mother may eye and other clearly comedic stories. Even there more serous episodes had their comedic moments. The show rarely took itself seriously The Comedy was always the focus of the 2002 titans cartoon. Hell it's writing was better when it was a comedy anyway. When it tried to be serous the writing tended to fall apart.

    It was not a serous action oriented show. It was an action comedy at best with comedy as the clear main focus.

  10. #130
    90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    My Own Nonsensical World
    Posts
    4,374
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    Come on the 2002 teen titans was a show where the characters heads would grow a hundred times their own size for no reason, a show where they gave us episodes like Mad Mod, the control freak episodes, mother may eye and other clearly comedic stories.
    ...Mother Mae Eye terrified me. I agree with your basic point that the Teen Titans cartoon was comedic (especially the episodes that opened with the theme song in Japanese), but that isn't one of the episodes I'd list as one of the funnier ones. It was nightmarish!
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

  11. #131
    Pelvix is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So what about YJ? Robin on both shows and such...

  12. #132
    Yojimbo's Avatar
    Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Shahdaroba
    Posts
    10,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelvix View Post
    So what about YJ? Robin on both shows and such...
    I'm not sure what you mean, but two different continuities so it's two different versions of Robin/Dick Grayson. And Young Justice will most likely be ending anyway so Robin will only be on TTG for the time being later this year.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 18, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

  13. #133
    The ShopSoldier's Avatar
    The ShopSoldier is online now DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    You Won't Succeed at This
    Posts
    2,000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not all that interested, honestly. Unless I hear good things about this one - I'm sticking to Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Gumball if I want comedy, IMHO.
    While this might turn out to be decent/good, CN needs less comedy, IMHO - and cancelling YJ and GL:TAS (just when they were getting beyond awesome as they stareted out IMHO) just because they're not selling toy after toy is not just bad business practice, but a bad move that undermines any reason for DC Nation to exist, as there are no shows coming after that... Preferrably action-genre ones, anyway.

    Even if this show turns out good, this is looking like year in the dark ages for CN (Just like everyone else except the Hub is in then), due to the fact that CN virtually has no action shows and no incentive to draw in the so-called audiences they have with them unless they are heavily fused with unnecessary comedy or are blatant toy commercials (which only turn ot so well, due to the backlash of being just that...).

    Meh, just more incentive to keep the TV off and keep myself educated/entertained in other, better ways if that's the case...

  14. #134
    PC!'s Avatar
    PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South-central Missouri
    Posts
    7,254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought Teen Titans was a very funny show. While I wish we'd simply get a continuation of the old action/comedy series, I'll gladly make due with just the funny portion if they're willing to give it to us.

    My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

    A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien


  15. #135
    Bobbywoodhogan's Avatar
    Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not interested at all I wasn't a fan of the original show and the designs look stupid. Can't believe we have to give up Young Justice for this
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

  16. #136
    Peter Paltridge's Avatar
    Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Stars Hollow
    Posts
    16,366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Teen Titans was funny, but it could also be serious when it needed to be. It was a very flexible, well-rounded show.

    This looks like just nuttiness constantly. It feels shallow.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

  17. #137
    M.O.D.O.K.'s Avatar
    M.O.D.O.K. is online now Scientist Supreme
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Advanced Idea Mechanics
    Posts
    2,567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New article and images on the show.

    I'm still feeling very indifferent towards it. The fact that one of the producers is bragging about barely knowing anything about DC or even the old show, just to show how "different" this new one will be, doesn't fill me with confidence.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

    Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

    Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

  18. #138
    Deshaded's Avatar
    Deshaded is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Amurica
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Itís a well-known fact that some of the more recent superhero movies and TV shows have a tendency to get a bit too ponderous and brooding.
    ^The first sentence in that article makes me

    Going to have to echo what everyone else is saying about TTG.

    I only cared about TT in certain episodes and arcs (Terra/Trigon). Throughout the show, the humor was already extreme and inane combined with its anime-like art style. This new show promises to take the humor even further and focus on just that? No thanks.

  19. #139
    Shredhead's Avatar
    Shredhead is online now Suck gas evildoers!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow I just read that article and this sounds horrible I thought we were just getting the old show back but instead all were getting is the shows old roster and voice actors. They took away the anime art style as well and its being headed by people that have zero interest in Superheros. How did this show get green lighted anyway was someone watching Ultimate Spider-Man and think gee I can make something far more terrible and hated by fans. The shorts were cute and funny and the old show had a good mix of comedy and action and thats what gave it its charm this on the other hand just looks like ever other generic comedy on CN but with Superhero costumes on. I may watch one but I have zero expectations.

  20. #140
    Franny is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Disappointing if "Young Justice" is pushed aside for this' aimed solely at the youngest, instead of family. Very short-sighted decision.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO