toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

edward10 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fixing DC Nation

Like This Thread!
    after observations I believe cartoon network is mismanaging dc nation and robbing it of it's potential I believe something needs to be done about this any ideas

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10
    after observations I believe cartoon network is mismanaging dc nation and robbing it of it's potential I believe something needs to be done about this any ideas
    On a wider level, I think DC needs to have something like the Bakugan/Marvel two packs

tazmaniak is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What exactly are your problems with DC Nation?

edward10 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For one thing they've had three sturdays were one of the shorts were mad cartoons

Dorko is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    For one thing they've had three sturdays were one of the shorts were mad cartoons
    ...So? Far more of their shorts are originals. And the shorts are supposed to be the spinkles, not the cupcake, anyways. I would love to see them use the teasers from B:TBATB, though those might be too long.

Besides, MAD Magazine is a part of the DC Comics family. I find it rather appropriate that MAD segments are part of DC Nation. I would go so far as to say they should extend the DC Nation branding to unclude the MAD episodes that air after Young Justice.

You want to see a block wasting its potential, go watch Marvel Universe. Extending the shows to forty minutes so we can watch an annoying host climb rock climbing walls and watch Joe Quesada draw stuff.
    I am the only being on the internet to call himself Dorko and still have dignity.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Warner Bros. produces both shows, and MAD magazine is part of the DC Comics family, so why not air some of the shorts on DC Nation? Anyway, given that the main purpose of the shorts is to simply have fun watching them, I don't see that as an issue.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Hero Supreme is online now Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You might not be too happy next week. At least the MAD shorts chosen have been good ones.
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to dog pile on this, too. I don't see how the MAD cartoons are demonstrably worse than the other shorts. Maybe you don't like that they parody other licenses, like Care Bears or Titanic, but I don't see it as severely lacking when pretty much every short is played for laughs, anyway.

Personally, I think the MAD cartoons stack up well compared to the Aardman ones...