toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - DC Nation Flip Book

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • ****1/2

1 50.00%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

1 50.00%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Here's the two villains I suspect are Shimmer and Mammoth

Indeed. I guess they all vanished in the jungle while the Team just stood there at the end.
    That's obviously Shimmer since you can see part of the tattoo on the side of her face through her mask. I just hope the comic renders it consistently, since I noticed that in the show it tends to vary and even appears to not be there at certain points. And Shimmer's appearance means that the big guy is Mammoth by default.

As for Santa Prisca, it's known for being somewhat corrupt (in the comics at learst), and the Team may not have had any authority to apprehend anyone there. So it's possible that even if the cultists were taken in, they may have been let go immediately after.

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Courtesy of Yojimbo, a closer look at the DC Nation Flip Book Free Comic Book Day release!

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I didn't like the Green Lantern story because:

Spoiler:
    It could be interpreted that Green Lantern killed the villain in the story. That's not what I want to see in comic for kids.
    To be fair, this is based off a TV-PG rated TV series where one of the villains
    Spoiler:
    kills the girlfriend/wife of a main character, even if it is off-screen.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Ed Liu is offline Grumpy Gorilla
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    To be fair, this is based off a TV-PG rated TV series where one of the villains
    Spoiler:
    kills the girlfriend/wife of a main character, even if it is off-screen.
    The operative phrase there being, "one of the villains." Bad guy. We expect him to do evil, awful, nasty things. The hero doing them is more problematic.

That being said, I got the sense from the story that Hal didn't kill the guy as much as disrupt him. I think it was the feeling that the guy was so much more powerful than a single GL that Hal couldn't kill that guy if he tried. But that's a grown-up reading this comic and the ambiguity isn't something I care much for now that it's pointed out.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with this comic. The GL story was OK but felt somewhat inconsequential and borderline non-sensical. The YJ story was so slight that it was completely unsatisfying. The Superman Family story was cute, but just a kid-friendly recap of Superman. Well done for what it was, but also extremely well-worn material.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"...ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
    -- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12