toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Young Justice "Earthlings"

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll

19 42.22%
  • ****1/2

9 20.00%

11 24.44%
  • ***1/2

3 6.67%

1 2.22%
  • **1/2

1 2.22%

0 0%
  • *1/2

1 2.22%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Zergrinch is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Only on my third viewing did I notice how uncomfortable Superboy looked, when Miss Martian did her mind-meld trick with Sardath and Alanna.

That had to be intentional on the part of the writers - every single second of animation counts.

Nice foreshadowing.

EVIL SPOILER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A major step down from the last episode, Boring and Bland. C-
    Nothing happens that didn't happen last week. Just on a different planet.
    Dislike the hooded look given to Adam Strange. Bring back the fin helmet.
    Although Alanna looked fetching.
    Only interesting reveal was that Gar's mother was killed by Queen Bee.
    Did like the look of Rann.

Zombie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road to Gotham View Post
    Only interesting reveal was that Gar's mother was killed by Queen Bee.
    See this is the kind of thing that makes me dislike the time skip. Wouldn't it have been far more powerful to have an episode where Bee had Marie Logan killed, and we got to see how it went down, and see the team and Beast Boy dealing with it then, rather than just have it as this after the fact piece of exposition?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thats a good point, Zombie.
    Now I dislike this episode even more.
    Although the time skip doesn't bother me.
    Maybe if there is a 3rd season they will go back explore the five years, filling in the gaps.

Javy3 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    See this is the kind of thing that makes me dislike the time skip. Wouldn't it have been far more powerful to have an episode where Bee had Marie Logan killed, and we got to see how it went down, and see the team and Beast Boy dealing with it then, rather than just have it as this after the fact piece of exposition?
    Yes but what you are forgetting is that if we didn't have the time skip all we would have is an episode where Queen Bee kills marie Logan. We would not have a Beast Boy because he would be too young. Marie Logan's death is just there to give us Beast Boy's origin. It makes a great backstory I don't think it would have been the best episode though.

Tohya is offline deficit omne quod nasciture
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Still the most important think is intent in my book. Psimon recovering due to Klarion Magic, Lazarus Pits, other science or having some natural immunity is irrelevant if the intent was mind rape in the first place.
    As someone who read this entire thread out of sheer curiousity, I think the dicussion really got away from you at page 2, when you started making all these superfluous arguments about why Miss Martian was in the wrong. You should of just stuck to your guns with her intent, because really thats the conclusive evidence here. Someone posted a pic of M'gann from the comic books embracing her white martian heritage and it obvious this is the direction the writers are taking her character. None of us saw this coming especially when not even five minutes eariler Alanna was shown saving one of the Krolos. Im sure we all expected the krolo leader to be taken in for questioning , and not have M'gann go all Nurse Mildred on it. The fact that she did tell us the kind of place shes been in persumably since the death of Gar's mother. I think we can all thank our lucky stars that shes now a much more interesting character then she was in season 1.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still the most important think is intent in my book. Psimon recovering due to Klarion Magic, Lazarus Pits, other science or having some natural immunity is irrelevant if the intent was mind rape in the first place.
    Since you're really keen on intent, then I hope we can distinguish between invading someone's mind (I'm not fond of the expression you use, for whatever that's worth) in order to get a tactical advantage in a heated battle, as compared to invading someone's mind because you're a sick, sadistic fellow who enjoys doing that.

AlvinDraper is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't get how M'gann knocking out her teammates to keep her secret is any worse than Artemis letting her assassin (who knows how many people she took out after that) sister go to protect hers, or even worse than Rob, KF and Aqualad not telling their superiors about the League of shadows going after Selena Gonzalez which led to her implied death. I think one of the best things Usual Suspects showed was that when it came down to actually intentionally hurting and betraying their friends, they'd rather tell their worst secrets, and tbh that was kinda beautiful.
    As Kaldur said he has fought side by side with all of them "none are traitors"

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Not necessarily. Sometimes less is more; addressing beast boys tragedy in a quick 3 minute scene can be much more effective than addressing it in a 20 minute episode. Hell, my only complaint is that the dialogue for that whole scene felt a bit hamfisted and unnatural; it could have been handled better. Frankly i might have also prefered MMGann' say nothing at all and just Hug BB... afterall its not hard to assume who BB would be crying over or who would be responsible.

Furtharmore, timeskips such as these can add a great deal of intrigue as we have an outcome but must piece together what happened in those past 5 years. Right now many people are speculating on exactly why Conner and MM'Gann broke up. And hell, for another example we can look to artemis; what if instead of her just showing up at the cave, we started at the beginning with her and saw her with her sister and father and so forth; all the mystery of her character would have been lost.... for weeks fans speculated on who she was and for a long time she was a suspect for the mole and it was that background info that resolved her of suspsion for fans. By skipping on those 5 years they can create new mysteries that fans will just have to sit and speculate on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Only on my third viewing did I notice how uncomfortable Superboy looked, when Miss Martian did her mind-meld trick with Sardath and Alanna.

That had to be intentional on the part of the writers - every single second of animation counts.

Nice foreshadowing.
    I noticed that too aswell... Really makes me think that the break up has something to do with her telephathy. Maybe not even her ruthless use of it but maybe even her free use of it, as she did not ask for permission or apologize before tap into their minds to start that translating. Though the only reason this bugs me is that when superboy was asked what went on between him and MM, he started talking about his cloning and her shapeshifting; appearances... If their break up was because of her telepathy, then why did he talk about his cloning/appearance?

Right but that is on Mars. Her teammates were not on Mars participating in said discrimination. She should have showed more trust in her teammates. Since that is a big part of being on a team in the first place especially when your in live and death situations. Heck she even let herself get blackmailed and only had the courage to step up because Superboy and Artemis went first. Incidentally, most of the team was besides Superboy and Aqualad.
    40+ years of discrimination based on nothing more than appearance can leave very, very deep mental scars. Hell she would know that even by earth standards her appearance would scare most people as she looks quite monstrous by their standards.

Zombie is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ You don't see any way that the writers could have gotten a dramatic episode out of the team having to deal with the death of a woman, when their own actions were responsible for her being brought to Bee's attention? A woman who is not only Beast Boy's mother, but also the basis of Miss Martian's Earthly identity. But then, why would we want some intense drama, when things could just be resolved with three sentences of rather out of place exposition?