toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate Comment - Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Regime Change"

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll

21 60.00%
  • ****1/2

10 28.57%

2 5.71%
  • ***1/2

1 2.86%

1 2.86%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    jhpark is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    They really highlighted the superiority of red energy over green (until the blue influence) this episode. Was the discrepancy that extreme on previous encounters? I don't remember green constructs being so easily destroyed by red energy before...?

By the way, the red lanterns not having free will and having their heart/blood replaced with red energy are the kinds of things I find overly silly in the comics. I hope they don't incorporate that into the show. It does seem like the typical goons have free will - I chalk up their lack of dialogue to the cost of voice actors.

Wonderwall is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhpark View Post
    They really highlighted the superiority of red energy over green (until the blue influence) this episode. Was the discrepancy that extreme on previous encounters? I don't remember green constructs being so easily destroyed by red energy before...?
    In their previous encounters they had serious issues when things were evened up. Atrocitus was able to handle Hal and Kilowogg a couple episodes ago and their constructs don't seem to last very long. But this time they were outnumbered and in a really disadvantageous position so they really got their butts handed to them before they made their blue lantern infused comeback.

ndb
    ndb is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, so at first, I was skeptical about the episode, but my fears were soon put to rest. I dunno about anyone else, but I was like "It's already over?" Time flies when you are watching a good episode!

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew Ragnar would become a Red since he wasn't qualified for Green. His hated and self-delusions serve him well.

I get the feeling we'll see the Manhunters soon enough.

And nice intro to the Blue Lantern. I laughed when Razer's red power was nullified.

Javy3 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So wait,

Green Lanterns are weak to Red Lanterns and Yellow Lanterns.

Red Lanterns are weak to Blue Lanterns.

And Blue and Green Lanterns together equals Super Saijin.

It really seems like GL's get the short end of the stick. I almost wonder what is the point of the Guardians and having such a huge GL core when these other Lanterns are stronger and don't have smurfs telling you what to do.

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javy3 View Post
    So wait,

Green Lanterns are weak to Red Lanterns and Yellow Lanterns.

Red Lanterns are weak to Blue Lanterns.

And Blue and Green Lanterns together equals Super Saijin.

It really seems like GL's get the short end of the stick. I almost wonder what is the point of the Guardians and having such a huge GL core when these other Lanterns are stronger and don't have smurfs telling you what to do.
    I don't think GLs are weak to Red. It's just there were so many Reds, those 3 couldn't take them all.

Edit: Nope, I was wrong.

Lighthammer is offline Bringer of the Light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This should answer a lot of the various questions about each color ring.

The various corps are as follows (in order):
    • White (Life) - Technically its not part of the spectrum, the color spectrum came from white light separating into all the various colors.
    • Violet (Love)
    • Indigo (Compassion)
    • Blue (Hope)
    • Green (Will)
    • Yellow (Fear)
    • Orange (Greed)
    • Red (Rage)
    • Black (Death) - Technically also not part of the spectrum. Its the absence of all the colors.
    Since Green is in the center, it is effected most greatly by Blue and Yellow. Obviously as you can see from the last episode, Blue super charges Green while Yellow has the potential to do the exact opposite.

Conversely, the following are true:
    • Violet and Red have the greatest effect against one another.
    • Indigo and Orange have the greatest effect against one another.
    • Blue and Yellow have the greatest effect against one another.
    For those who don't know, Blue Power Rings can only be used in close proximity to a Green Lantern. The idea is that without will power to drive hope, hope can not exist.

Blue Rings, often considered to be the most powerful, have the following effects on other colors:
    • Green - Super Charges them.
    • Yellow - Greatly decreases their power.
    • Orange - Dissipates their constructs.
    • Red - Removes their power.

Finally, its noteworthy that Green has the least affect over its users followed closely by blue and yellow. The further away you are from the center of the spectrum, the harder it is to control that power. This series makes it seem like Red Lanterns and potentially Violet Lanterns still retain a great amount of control over themselves compared to their comic counterparts. As we saw last week with Carol Ferris, while wearing one of the extreme rings, she is still able to wield the ring without emotionally spinning out of control.

This article describes the power rings:
    http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Emotional_Spectrum

Riddler is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, awesome! Thanks for the info Lighthammer.

What a cool thing... assigning a certain emotion to each color. Were the different colors an idea thought up by Geoff Johns? It looks like it's a fairly new aspect to the Green Lantern mythos having first appeared in GL: Rebirth.

Lighthammer is offline Bringer of the Light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm unsure who created the concept, but the idea was retconned largely through the Darkest Night and Brighest Day sagas (notably one of the best selling sagas in DC history).

Violet and Yellow were somewhat fleshed out before the series began obviously, but they never actually assigned one single emotion to them. Yellow was always seen as the enemy of Green and Violet (or Sapphire if you will) was some lose canon.

The Darkest Night saga redefined a lot of things in the Green Lantern universe including the multiple species evolution of the Guardians. We learned in the series now that the Sapphires and Guardians were of the same race. There are others that also evolved from the same race as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very good episode, B+.
    The things going on with the Guardians is very interesting.
    The Creation of the Blue Lantern was handle well.
    Like the way Timm and Company simplify the comic stories and present it with class and
    wonderment.
    Plus the musical score is outstanding. Love the chorus like effect.

Might see Hawkmen in the next episode.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast