Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zergrinch is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Musical Cues in Young Justice

Like This Thread!
    Given that the composers for Young Justice are the same people who scored Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, one would certainly expect the existence of character cues. For instance, who could forget Green Arrow humming his theme in "To Another Show", or the dark reprise of Superman's theme that appeared in "Twilight" and "Destroyer"?

Alas, I have so far identified only one recurring cue - the Justice League theme. It plays in situations where the entire league is involved. It starts with a repetitive arpeggio of fifths, and the melody descends by note from one octave. So far, I have identified instances in the following episodes:

1. Fireworks - the League gathers at what's left of the Project Cadmus building; this is a slow rendition
    2. Revelation - the League arrives en masse at Bartholomew Bayou; this is a militaristic rendition
    3. Failsafe - Zatara calls the cave with sad news; this is a somber rendition
    4. Happy New Year - the League arrives simultaneously at New Orleans; this only includes the first part of the theme

Have you folks identified any additional themes? Care to share?

Full disclosure: This mirrors what I wrote on a blog post in the Young Justice wiki.

EVIL SPOILER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Red Arrow has his own musical cue, Its first heard when he appears with GA in "Independence Day" different varaiation are heard basically every time he first appears from then on

So does Cheshire I believe..

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Light has its own distinctive theme as well, heard at every meeting behind screens.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: Ultimate Spider-Man "Spider-Verse" Review

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These aren't character cues, but they are musical cues which have been used a couple of times to create a particular mood:

There's a cue from the very first scene in "Drop-Zone" (when the Kobra henchman is talking to Bane's group, and then talking with Bane himself), which is repeated when Superboy and Wolf are following Dubbilex's instructions for finding Genomorph City in "Agendas", and also when Superboy's and Artemis's secrets are coming out in "Usual Suspects".

The music from near the end of the showdown with Black Manta in "Downtime" is repeated during the Smokey Mountains fight scene in "Usual Suspects".

The music from the scene where Robin plants the explosives at the end of "Failsafe" is repeated for the final battle in "Usual Suspects".

Just before Sportsmaster throws his spear/staff at Miss Martian in "Drop-Zone", there's a bit of suspense music. This is repeated during the warehouse fire scene in "Performance".
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

quigonkenny is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cheshire definitely has her own musical cue. If anyone still has access to "Usual Suspects", it's the four-note riff that plays during the pause in her line, "Here's one...and it is stunning" (at the plane crash battle), and when she disappears right after saving Artemis. Thinking back, it usually plays whenever she pulls one of her disappearing acts (although it didn't when she disappeared at the end of "Usual Suspects").

If anyone can come up with a point where that four-note cue has played and Cheshire wasn't involved, I'll concede that it might not be tied specifically to her, but I can't honestly think of any time I remember hearing it where she wasn't either present or just leaving...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Found a new one: every time the missing 16 hours is brought up, there's a distinctive riff that comes in. It's visible in the end of "Auld Acquaintance" and "Earthlings", and the beginning of "Happy New Year".

EVIL SPOILER

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's also a little sound when Kroloteans appear.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

quigonkenny is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanx54 View Post
    There's also a little sound when Kroloteans appear.
    Yeah, it's a random, rapid high-pitched violin picking. You often hear it in horror movies, especially when the scary thing is something small and dangerous (usually spiders).

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Found a new one: every time the missing 16 hours is brought up, there's a distinctive riff that comes in. It's visible in the end of "Auld Acquaintance" and "Earthlings", and the beginning of "Happy New Year".
    Yeah, in addition to being used at the end of "Earthlings", it's used in the scene were M'gann reassures Sardath that they "are not members of the League".
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've finally identified Superboy's theme. Seems to want to scream out "superBOY superBOY", though it can easily be based on the Main Young Justice theme, which has three repeating notes too.

FIREWORKS: Change of Mind | Freeing Aqualad | Choosing Freedom
    WELCOME TO HAPPY HARBOR: Fighting Mr. Twister

Also, I had goosebumps when I heard the main Young Justice theme (the Opening and Ending music) play during Summit (when "Deathstroke" reveals herself). Did you folks catch any other instance when it plays in the actual show?

Note: Yes, this thread is almost a year old, but I felt it's still more appropriate to put this here than to make a new one.

EVIL SPOILER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast