Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Pretty self explanatory.

My personal top 5:

1. "Misplaced"- Easily my favorite episode of the season. After a 3 month long hiatus, this episode was a long time coming. We got some development with Zatanna, and we found out who put on the Helmet of Fate for good. Klarion is also a very enjoyable villian. This episode had
    an epic feel to it, it felt like a season finale.

2. "Usual Suspects"- This episode was just mind blowing. We finally had The Light execute their plan, all of the Team's secrets revealed, and even the mole revealed....all in one episode. The ending was just icing on the cake, with Vandal Savage just walking by Leaguers bowing down to him...

3. "Independence Day/Fireworks"- This was the episode that started this great series. We had the introduction of Superboy, my favorite character of the show. I also liked Robin and Wally's interaction. Overall a fantastic start.

4. "Homefront"- This episode had me on the edge of my seat. But the real meat of this episode was Artemis. I really liked her sense of no hope when Robin was captured, but soon she realized she needed to save her teammates. Nice development with Artemis in this episode. Loved it.

5- "Targets"- Now this was the episode where I started to really warm up to this show. Lex Luthor is just a great villian, I loved his manipulative attitude. Sportsmaster was BA. I loved Roy and Cheshire's chemistry. Also Sportsmaster revealed that there was a mole, this is when the show really ramped up..

Honorable mentions: "Humanity", "Secrets", "Agendas", "Failsafe", and "Infiltrator".

What are yours?
    Last edited by spartanx54; 04-30-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In chronological order, but not rank order, my favourites are Infiltrator, Downtime, Bereft, Targets, Terrors, Homefront, Alpha Male, Secrets, Misplaced, Coldhearted, Image and Agendas. And there are other episodes that I consider very strong too, of course!

I think my top 5 would be Downtime, Bereft, Coldhearted, Image and Agendas (again, in chronological order but not rank order). I loved the premises of those five episodes and the way they were handled. Seeing Atlantis in all its glory, having the Team wandering the desert with no memory of their time together, a snow day episode with beautiful visuals, great development for M'gann and the revelations surrounding her, seeing the whole League together on the Watchtower and Superboy finding out more about his origins etc.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Nygma is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorites might change after I see them again when the rest of the season is released on DVD, but for now, here are my favorites:

honorable mentions: Denial, Bereft, Targets, Revelation, Humanity, Secrets, Image.

5.) Misplaced: A really twisted episode that works on alot of levels. A unique premise, dark moments with the kids and the adults, Billy Baston being crucial to both the league and teams success, Some funny moments mixed in like KF calling himself Speedy Gonzales, or Artemis singing mixes of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Ba Ba Blacksheep, ABC's. But the thing I think I'll remember the most from this episode is the aftermath of Zatanna losing her father to Fate (snickers), Zatara might not have been killed, but Zatanna still lost her father because he agreed to sacrifice his body so Nabu would let him go. The father & daughter's last moment with each other is a huge tearjerker. Lacey Chabert's voice work in those last scenes as Zatanna was also stellar. She got her wish for Zatara to give her some space in the worst way possible.

4.) Coldhearted: Probably the best looking episode of the entire series to date, and considering how beautiful Atlantis looked in Downtime that's no small feat. It also helped that Spectacular Spider-Man alumni Victor Cook directed this episode. Wally's birthday may not have been what he imagined or asked for. But by the end of it, he was happy. Given that Wally is my favorite character on the show (he better be back by the time episode 6 comes around) this episode was an absolute joy for me to watch. The antics of his birthday at the beginning were a riot, from his "shocked look" to the surprise party, his disturbing table manners, his pathetic attempts at trying to get a kiss from Megan, Artemis's jealousy at the attention Wally was giving her, and of course Artemis's birthday present to Wally in the form of tough love by her breaking the news to him about Connor & M'gann. This episode was a terrific adaptation of Wally's first comic as the Flash, and Greg Weisman's own Green Arrow short. Wally got to have a nice little throw down with Numero Uno of The Light: Vandal Savage. And Vertigo made his return to try and become King. I love the fact that Wally not only PUNK'D Vertigo (and the viewers) at the end, but that he also got to rob The Light of getting a Xanatos Gambit. Which didn't happen very often in the series. But my favorite part of the episode was him keeping the Organ Bag as the souvenir, he gained an appreciation for the things that are REALLY important in life. A lesson he would take with him when he stopped running away from his feelings for Artemis and actually embraced them. Now, where can I get a Chicken Weezee?

I'll post my other 3 choices later, for now I need some rest.
    "Don't cry over spilled milk, get angry and punch a cow!"
    -Stephen Colbert

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just trying to keep this thread alive.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman