toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Mister Intensity is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    There's only a handful of animated footage from season two so it makes sense that commercials released so far won't feature everyone.

I get the sense that Young Justice: Invasion is going to follow the Gardner Fox Justice League/Society formula of splitting up the team into small groups for missions. So there will probably be less episodes that features the entire team and more episodes that only focuses on a small amount of members.

Lanmanna is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Intensity View Post
    There's only a handful of animated footage from season two so it makes sense that commercials released so far won't feature everyone.

I get the sense that Young Justice: Invasion is going to follow the Gardner Fox Justice League/Society formula of splitting up the team into small groups for missions. So there will probably be less episodes that features the entire team and more episodes that only focuses on a small amount of members.
    Not sure how I feel about that.

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanmanna View Post
    Not sure how I feel about that.
    As long as they can balance it better than JL/U, it can work.

young101 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't get the problem. They did the exact same thing in JLU beginning with the initiation. They had green lantern then the rest of the team were supergirl, green arrow, captain atom. It's not exactly revolutionary. It'll be fine.

k.s. is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by young101 View Post
    I don't get the problem. They did the exact same thing in JLU beginning with the initiation. They had green lantern then the rest of the team were supergirl, green arrow, captain atom. It's not exactly revolutionary. It'll be fine.
    There's that, but it's also not like Young Justice itself hasn't shown the heroes working in smaller groups. Just going off the top of my head, Insecurity and Performance had missions not involving all team members and I'm sure there's more if I went through each episode. And all of those episodes turned out just fine, so I'm sure it'll work in Invasion if they go that route.

Although what does confuse me is all this talk about a time jump. I'm not against the idea of it (although do we really know this is happening or is it just fan speculation?), but I think it would be a strong departure from the way the show's meticulously crafted its storytelling and character development so far. Up until now, it's always been a slow, methodical progression in character development, in direct contrast to surprising us with a bunch of changes (for shock value or the mystery of it) and then filling in the missing gaps later. Now, I'm sure it would work out fine with later episodes filling in the gap along the way, but it would be a pretty jarring change in storytelling compared to season one.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    No, it is not confirmed. It is only speculation by fans.
    I'd figured as much, but with people talking about it as if it were confirmed I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing it up.
    Last edited by k.s.; 04-24-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @Medinnus

As for Robin's new look, I think I took a couple grabs of him from trailers. Take a look at the first post of this thread and skim through the current news spoiler tag. They're also sprinkled around in this thread and the last one. Also here's the group shot from the start of the game and the ending, which gives a look at the new design, too:

Mr. Weisman also replied about Chad Lowe voicing Captain Marvel
    Rob was no longer available, and Chad - with Rob's blessing - kindly stepped in.
    And interesting little bits about the villains from "Misplaced"
    But Blackbriar Thorn is a druid. Felix Faust is an alchemist. Wotan is an immortal Viking sorcerer (at least in his latest incarnation. Klarion is a Lord of Chaos. Wizard is a wizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyhair View Post
    I played the new game on Cartoon network, it was really fun! I loved the graphics and the music, but I wish there would be more. Robin rocks!
    I think they expanded the previous game before, so it's possible there's more on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by staticblack View Post
    sorry i made this pic thru photoshop its not official, i originally made the pic to show what figures mattel could make if they continue the line
    Please edit the post to show a thumbnail of your image.

Quote Originally Posted by k.s. View Post
    Although what does confuse me is all this talk about a time jump. I'm not against the idea of it (although do we really know this is happening or is it just fan speculation?)
    No, it is not confirmed. It is only speculation by fans.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: October 29, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieB21:-) View Post
    Blue Beetle kind of bugs me- he seems like a character DC is trying to push so hard, but hasn't seemed to catch on. They shoved him down everyone's throats on B:TB&TB only to drop him entirely after the first season in favor of more Aquaman and other established heroes!
    Just want to point out that Blue Beetle was not drop from B:TB&TB after the first season.
    He was in the only teaser in which Batman did not appear. BB teamed with Stargirl.
    And BB was a member of the newly formed Justice League in Season 3.
    He was on the show from start to finish.

Robin's new design looks interesting.
    Glad Batgirl will be seeing some action.

Zorkel567 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k.s. View Post
    Although what does confuse me is all this talk about a time jump. I'm not against the idea of it (although do we really know this is happening or is it just fan speculation?), but I think it would be a strong departure from the way the show's meticulously crafted its storytelling and character development so far. Up until now, it's always been a slow, methodical progression in character development, in direct contrast to surprising us with a bunch of changes (for shock value or the mystery of it) and then filling in the missing gaps later. Now, I'm sure it would work out fine with later episodes filling in the gap along the way, but it would be a pretty jarring change in storytelling compared to season one.
    As said, it hasn't been confirmed. But logically it makes the mists sense as Greg has said that as of December 31, the only teen heroes were the Eight members of the team. So for the next day to suddenly have at least half a dozen more teen heroes makes no sense, especially since it looks as if they've been active for a while from the commercials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who Cares About Blue Beetle

Quote Originally Posted by Road to Gotham View Post
    Just want to point out that Blue Beetle was not drop from B:TB&TB after the first season.
    He was in the only teaser in which Batman did not appear. BB teamed with Stargirl.
    And BB was a member of the newly formed Justice League in Season 3.
    He was on the show from start to finish.

Robin's new design looks interesting.
    Glad Batgirl will be seeing some action.
    Blue Beetle was just filling Ted Kord's shoes every time he appeared with Booster Gold. BB is not one of the characters I grew up with, so its going to take a lot more than his existing to get me to care for him. How is he going to be different from his B:TB&TB portrayal? I do not want him to be fansgasming every time he's around Bats.

I'd be more interested in seeing Ted Kord, at least in how he relates to Barbara Gordon.

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/86...hread=24721928

If he even exists on Earth 16, Ted Kord's probably already dead, or a mentor (making him too old for Babs). Who else might have joined the League during the time skip? Although I'm beginning to think the JL shouldn't keep having these public announcements, a disaster usually happens less than 24 hours later .

Jeez, with Blue Beetle, Bumblebee, & Beast Boy- referring to characters by their intials is going to be a pain .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wonder who's gonna voice Blue Beetle. Probably not Will Friedle.