toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950
    suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Santino View Post
    I love KMR, but I get sick of his overuse. YJ isn't the only guilty cartoon. But yeah, not only do his GL and Mal sound alike... I freakin hate his John Stewart. Doesn't fit the character design at all.

It's pretty strange considering how brilliant most of the casting and acting is on this show.
    I don't hate his John Stewart, but I think if he voiced him slightly higher it would've been better. But it's probably just cause I'm so used to Phil LaMarr's voice as John. Speaking of LaMarr, that guy has good range and they should use him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    Using Richardson for multiple roles makes sense. He's one of the few (and probably the cheapest) voice actors with deep voices that they have on hand. He has a great range without trying to Mel Blanc everything, which makes him fun to listen to, espicially because he knows how to act into the can. It also saves time and money because he can do three or four characters at once, which is a blessing for a crew having to cast for two hundred characters in less than fifty episodes.
    I know he has good range, but he definitely wasn't using it with Mal and John. His J'Onn does sound pretty different from those two though. Fate doesn't bother me either, since his voice is usually two voice actors at once, which makes him sound distinct.

Jacob T. Paschal is online now Wolverine by Shida Naotoshi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I don't hate his John Stewart, but I think if he voiced him slightly higher it would've been better. But it's probably just cause I'm so used to Phil LaMarr's voice as John. Speaking of LaMarr, that guy has good range and they should use him more.

I know he has good range, but he definitely wasn't using it with Mal and John. His J'Onn does sound pretty different from those two though. Fate doesn't bother me either, since his voice is usually two voice actors at once, which makes him sound distinct.
    I said "without trying to Mel Blanc everything" as in, playing different characters with the same range. There's enough of a difference between the roles that they can be told apart, I feel.

Although I am kind of surprised he hasn't used his Keith David-esque levels yet. I suppose they could be saving that for Darkseid.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Gimpyhair is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman02 View Post

Yes, stuff like that does happen in real-life, but this isn't real life. Given how much development Wally and Artemis' relationship got in season one, it's really unlikely Artemis wouldn't be seen if she and Wally were still together. That's why I say something has happened to Artemis, and whatever it is it isn't good.
    Even in fiction, a couple isn't always showed together, it depends on the writing style and the characters' personnality. A couple can be written more subtly. Sure Wally and Artemis had a lot of development in season 1, but from what things looks like, they won't be the main characters in season 2, meaning that their relationship won't be the main focus anymore (specially if they finally hooked up at the final).

I also don't think the authors of Young Justice will write Artemis in an episode just to show that she's still with Wally, they will write her in if she brings something to the story. If it can help you to understand what I mean: it's not because we don't see Green Arrow and Black Canary both in the same episode that they are not together anymore.

But I do agree with you that if they are still a couple, it's more likely that we will see both of them together in the same time (and I hope!) than the contrary.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Black Lightning definitely confirms Static. I wonder if he is like Rocket was or if we see his origin like Beast Boy. I think they might bring him in later, with BL as his mentor.

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    Black Lightning definitely confirms Static. I wonder if he is like Rocket was or if we see his origin like Beast Boy. I think they might bring him in later, with BL as his mentor.
    Static was confirmed a few weeks ago, I really hope Black Lightning doesn't 'mentor'. I don't really think Static needs someone to teach him how to use his powers, especially when the only thing they really have in common is electricity.

Dorko is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    Black Lightning definitely confirms Static.
    Not to be rude but....how? The two characters have literally no connection besides being electric black dudes. I'm not sure they ever even met each other in the comics.
    I am the only being on the internet to call himself Dorko and still have dignity.

Xorn is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorko View Post
    Not to be rude but....how? The two characters have literally no connection besides being electric black dudes. I'm not sure they ever even met each other in the comics.
    They've met in the comics. I can see why people think Black Lightning will mentor Static. Black Lightning so far is the only "random" Justice League addition. All the other League members appeared in the first season in some form. Why add him at ll if not to connect him to Static somehow. Although I personally think Static doesn't need a mentor. He works best as a solo hero and he was never a sidekick. Also his and Black Lightning's powers are different so I hope they don't wind up nerfing Static to make him fit with Black Lightning better.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I already know Static was hinted at appearing, so for me the appearance of BL kinda confirms it for me. The comment about what does one have to do with the other, basically the show is about sidekicks and mentors. Most everyof character that has shown up has had a history of being a sidekick, child, second generation version, or a mentor, parental figure of some heroes/villains in the dcu. Okay not every character fulfilled us seeingthe their connection, but the appearance is enough. We may never see Plastic Baby, Slobo, or Kid Devil, but the appearance of connected characters throughout the series is enough for me.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As I mentioned a while back, he has two daughters who end up becoming superheroes, one while still in her teens and the other while college-aged. They could be including him in the League to introduce them. Meanwhile (as far as we know right now) Blue Beetle and Beast Boy have no mentors in the League so it doesn't seem like the rule from the first season is being as heavily enforced as it once was.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thread limit has been reached! Please continue to the next installment of this thread to continue the discussion.

Thread Closed!