toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on "Young Justice" #15

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

3 60.00%
  • ****1/2

0 0%

2 40.00%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Young Justice" Issue #15 Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Based on the hit Cartoon Network animated series Young Justice from Warner Bros. Animation!

YOUNG JUSTICE #15

Click here (or here) for a preview of this issue!

Written by: Greg Weisman
    Art by: Christopher Jones

Ocean-Master’s plan to purify Atlantis brings Aqualad to death’s door and forces his former schoolmates to choose sides. Can even Superboy and Ms. Martian help him?

Comments?

Nygma is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First to comment? Cool. Picked this one up this morning after my dental appointment.

I liked this issue a little more than the last one but not by much. I think the thing that disappoints me about this issue is that it took the intriguing "purist" motivation for Ocean Master and just turned it into a means to turn Atlanteans against each other, just for the sake of "Ruling the seven seas". With the purist angle it gave some depth and possible motivation for why Ocean Master/Prince Orm would be a member of The Light.

Well there is still the angle with an heir to the throne taking away Prince Orm's place in the kingdom. And it's possible that Orm still has these prejudices but still sees the purists as a means to getting what he wants. But it just didn't come off that way to me. So for now I consider myself a little underwhelmed.

Oh well next month's issue focuses on my three favorite characters on "The Team", as opposed to my 3 least favorite members. So I have that to look forward to.
    "Don't cry over spilled milk, get angry and punch a cow!"
    -Stephen Colbert

Santino is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While The Pit... The Pendulum... and The Penalty is probably my still my favorite story from this comic series, these past two issues were definitely the most worthy of being made into an episode. Although the cool things they did with the lettering make me glad it's in comic book form.

Does anybody know what the future holds for this book? I would imagine DC will want to rebrand it Young Justice: Invasion before long due to the show going into season 2 soon... but the book is barely half-way through with filling the gaps in season 1.
    http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01
    Buy comic books at mycomicshop.com!

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nicely done. Someone last month mentioned the obvious bit of foreshadowing by having Lagoon Boy showing an interest in the surface world (since we know he's joining the team in Invasion) and now I'm guessing Orm's comments about how he'll "soon" be making another strike seems like something we'll see come into play as well.

Especially since Ocean Master is the only member of the Light the kids have yet to confront personally on the show.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty good conclusion, for a while I thought that Mera might've had a miscarriage, especially given the history of her and Aquaman's kid in the regular DCU. That Miss Martian/Superboy "kiss" was a really cool idea, the way he essentially breathed through her. Looking forward to seeing what Artemis, Robin and Kid Flash were up to.

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll admit, I chucked at the return of "What sorcery is this?" in this issue.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

animagic1 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm new to the comic book series and I aim to look for the back issues.

Pretty solid stuff!

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    Nicely done. Someone last month mentioned the obvious bit of foreshadowing by having Lagoon Boy showing an interest in the surface world (since we know he's joining the team in Invasion) and now I'm guessing Orm's comments about how he'll "soon" be making another strike seems like something we'll see come into play as well.
    Yeah, I think might have been me. The "another strike" line got me, too, could mean another Atlantis arc in the comics, season two, and/or a mission in the Legacy video game.

Quote Originally Posted by animagic1 View Post
    I'm new to the comic book series and I aim to look for the back issues.
    You'll enjoy them! The series started at #0 so it might be a hard one to find. Alternatively, if you don't mind not having individual issues, the Volume One trade paperback covers Issues #0-6 then Volume Two (Issues #7-12) releases November 20th.

There was also a Free Comic Book Edition issue from 2011. You'll likely have to buy it on eBay because it wasn't collected in the trade. And coming this May 5th, the 2012 Free Comic Book Day takes place and there will be YJ content in the 'DC Nation Super Sampler' issue.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: August 16, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource