toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Young Justice "Usual Suspects"

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll

39 70.91%
  • ****1/2

7 12.73%

6 10.91%
  • ***1/2

2 3.64%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

1 1.82%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    ABrown is offline Father of twins
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    But then they wouldn't be Young Justice. It would be anticlimactic for the teen heroes to just get admitted into the League before the show even reaches season 2.
    Makes me wonder if maybe this story should've been saved for a possible series finale.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would make sense if two of the Team members graduated into the the upper ranks of the Justice League. Still dosen't make sense that they chose the whiny Roy over the cool headed Kaldur. Miss m, Conner, and KF could work too. Robin ehh too immature, and Artemis, I recall wasn't even a candidate back in "Agendas". Rocket and Zatanna are probably too untrained also.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Eivion is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanx54 View Post
    It would make sense if two of the Team members graduated into the the upper ranks of the Justice League. Still dosen't make sense that they chose the whiny Roy over the cool headed Kaldur. Miss m, Conner, and KF could work too. Robin ehh too immature, and Artemis, I recall wasn't even a candidate back in "Agendas". Rocket and Zatanna are probably too untrained also.
    Conner wasn't a candidate. He was just brought up when talking about potential age requirements. KF is the most immature member of the team and likely wasn't taken too seriously as a candidate anyways if only for the League's dislike and distrust of Doctor Fate. Kaldur probably fell in the same boat. Roy was the oldest of the group (not counting MM) and was pretty much in the right when when he originally got pissed off at the beginning and left. I suspect he barely made it in and probably wouldn't have if he hadn't proved himself a team player by joining the team finally.

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For a possible in-universe explanation, I'd say every League member proved him or herself as a solo act at one point, whereas everyone on the junior team has worked mainly as a member of said team, or as a sidekick. Roy had been going solo as Red Arrow for several months.

The other possible explanation I can come up with is that because Roy was going solo, and the junior team was working as well as it had been, there was no desire to break them up, particularly by taking away their leader.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    If so, then this just goes to show that some people aren't thinking about how Superman must feel about Superboy's existence. If you discovered you had a clone, and one that was created to replace you at that, wouldn't you be freaked out and want nothing to do with it? Superman is keeping his distance until Superboy gives him a reason to be considered trustworthy, and that's completely understandable.
    Freaked out, sure, but want nothing to do with its existence? I wouldn't go that far. Especially if it was a younger version of me that's no longer involved with the people who created him. It's understandable for Superman to keep his distance at first, but it's been months. Superboy's proven himself to everyone...even Batman...and yet Superman still doesn't consider him completely trustyworthy? It's not like there's a lot of damage you can do to a guy like Superman anyway. Maybe he somehow knows Superboy has Luthor DNA, that'd kinda make sense.

Like BFHD said, taking Kaldur off the Team would hurt the rest of them in the long run, but he's definitely League material. I know the League debated age, but what about education level? If you're trying to complete high school, being part of the League could get in the way of that, and it's important to have at least a high school education (or equivalent) to be a full-fledged hero.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Silverbolt is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another thing that I haven't quite figured out (outside of the obvious reason) is why the light didn't use their Starro mind controllers on the YJ group. They have to consider them somewhat a threat considering some of the stuff they have accomplished, and its messy just to leave super powered beings running around unchecked when you had a opportunity to cover that base.

I think it would be just as easy for Red Arrow to get that group as it was the Justice League. I suppose it could be something as simple as we only have enough for the league and don't want to waste them on their sidekicks.

Dorko is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbolt View Post
    Another thing that I haven't quite figured out (outside of the obvious reason) is why the light didn't use their Starro mind controllers on the YJ group. They have to consider them somewhat a threat considering some of the stuff they have accomplished, and its messy just to leave super powered beings running around unchecked when you had a opportunity to cover that base.

I think it would be just as easy for Red Arrow to get that group as it was the Justice League. I suppose it could be something as simple as we only have enough for the league and don't want to waste them on their sidekicks.
    A matter of timing, I would think. If they Starro'ed The Team first, they run the risk of of tipping off the Justice League that something is up before Red Arrow gets access to the Watchtower. Conversely, once you've got the twenty member strong League under mind control, eight teenagers might seem like a lot less of an issue.
    I am the only being on the internet to call himself Dorko and still have dignity.

reflection is online now Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbolt View Post

When would they have had the opportunity? They already thought they were manipulating Superboy, Artemis, and M'gann. They weren't expecting an ambush. The mole they planted was with the League. Now if you want to argue that they'll try to control the Team next, you'll have to wait until next week's episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Getting the Team might've been secondary on the agenda to getting the JL first. Also, and this is kind of silly but still possible, maybe Roy's programming was so literal that he was only targeting JL members, so under the trance or whatever there were no directions for him to go after Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, etc.

jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatHairyDeal View Post
    For a possible in-universe explanation, I'd say every League member proved him or herself as a solo act at one point, whereas everyone on the junior team has worked mainly as a member of said team, or as a sidekick. Roy had been going solo as Red Arrow for several months.

The other possible explanation I can come up with is that because Roy was going solo, and the junior team was working as well as it had been, there was no desire to break them up, particularly by taking away their leader.
    I think the most important part is that, other than Roy, none of them are over 18. That's a big reason they weren't inducted in the first place - the Justice League sending child soldiers into combat areas is pretty poor PR, don't you think?

When Aqualad turns 18, whenever that may be, it seems pretty likely that he'd be taken out of the Team and added to the official roster. But I doubt they'll make it to that point in the show without a timeskip.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatHairyDeal View Post
    Getting the Team might've been secondary on the agenda to getting the JL first. Also, and this is kind of silly but still possible, maybe Roy's programming was so literal that he was only targeting JL members, so under the trance or whatever there were no directions for him to go after Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, etc.
    I think that makes a lot of sense - assuming it was programming, that is, and not mind control or whatever. The Team didn't come into existence until the start of the series, and I get the impression Roy "saw the light" before that, hence his virulent reaction to not getting into the League at first.

| 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, The Light would pick a group of 8 teenage super teens over the 20 most powerful heroes on Earth? Seems like a stupid scenario to me.

Besides, it should be fairly easy to reprogram the teen heroes with the League in the light's control. But we'll see In the season finale.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regarding whether or not the Team would accept, and embrace, a White Martian:

I don't know the entire backstory here, in part because I don't get much info outside the actual show, and also because of the long breaks the show took, but I'm not sure the sidekicks have any innate biases about Green vs. White. Maybe to them the difference is so arbitrary. Obviously, M'Gann had to face years of discrimination, so it's possible that she just assumes everybodydiscriminates against the White Martians, thus it's such an awful secret to hide. The reason why White/Green, then, is a non-issue to the rest of the team is that they hardly ever thought about it, and so it really doesn't matter to them one way or another.

Now, if the White Martians have a history of atrocities that everyone knew and made everyone prejudiced against them, then I don't think her real heritage would've been so easy to brush aside. I don't know what's the show's background here, though.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's more than Green Martians look more humanoid than White Martians so it would be harder for her true form to be acceptable.

Another question is that once Superboy goes public, how does he keep his Conner Kent identity?

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Another question is that once Superboy goes public, how does he keep his Conner Kent identity?
    Assuming he goes public, a visit to the optometrist reveals Conner needs to start wearing glasses.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Dorko is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The same way Clark does - by not appearing to have a secret identity and conciously using different mannerisms in the two different identities.
    I am the only being on the internet to call himself Dorko and still have dignity.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorko View Post
    The same way Clark does - by not appearing to have a secret identity and conciously using different mannerisms in the two different identities.
    So basically he's fine as long as he keeps wearing his shirt inside out.

quigonkenny is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So basically he's fine as long as he keeps wearing his shirt inside out.
    Random Happy Harbor High student: What? You think Conner Kent is Superboy? But he's a well-built 6'2" dark-haired, brooding white guy in a plain black t-shirt, while Superboy is a well-built 6'2" dark-haired, brooding white guy in a black t-shirt with the Superman "S" on it. They're completely different! Are you blind? If you ask me, it's Mal Duncan. He even sometimes wears that Superman t-shirt. It's like he's daring us to find him out!

Seriously, though, "proving" he isn't Superboy should be pretty easy when he can fairly easily arrange to be seen in public with Superboy...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
    Random Happy Harbor High student: What? You think Conner Kent is Superboy? But he's a well-built 6'2" dark-haired, brooding white guy in a plain black t-shirt, while Superboy is a well-built 6'2" dark-haired, brooding white guy in a black t-shirt with the Superman "S" on it. They're completely different! Are you blind? If you ask me, it's Mal Duncan. He even sometimes wears that Superman t-shirt. It's like he's daring us to find him out!

Seriously, though, "proving" he isn't Superboy should be pretty easy when he can fairly easily arrange to be seen in public with Superboy...
    True. Good point, unless people realize that Megan looks like a pale skinned version of Miss Martian who is also a shape shifter.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Preferrably by just not hiding his identity.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

AlgeaX is offline Oh, hello?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True. Good point, unless people realize that Megan looks like a pale skinned version of Miss Martian who is also a shape shifter.
    How many members of the general public know Miss Martian even exists?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast