toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Young Justice "Usual Suspects"

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll

39 70.91%
  • ****1/2

7 12.73%

6 10.91%
  • ***1/2

2 3.64%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

1 1.82%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
    quigonkenny is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyfus View Post
    I'd say he became a bit of an infamous sort of character due more to how he was being written in reaction to his daughter's death, especially in Rise of Arsenal. Really weird that he ended up being a clone in the show though. When mind controlled Batman said that at first I thought it was just going to be a way for the Light to get the team to turn against Red Arrow, who was on the run and avert suspicion from the League. I didn't think it would be true though.
    Who's to say for certain that he is? Test tube brainwashing isn't the only way to implant a sleeper program like Roy had, and there's no particular reason why the one-armed redhead at the end of "Auld Acquaintance" has to be the original. This could just be The Light setting up to have a true cloned operative put into place in the hero community (one can never have too many contingency plans), and have the heroes do all the work of putting him there, as a bonus...

Geodude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My guess is clone!Roy will change his name to Connor Hawke but stay as Red Arrow. That'd solve the problem of having two guys named Roy Harper, give the clone his own identity, and bring another Arrow family character onto the show.

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    My guess is clone!Roy will change his name to Connor Hawke but stay as Red Arrow. That'd solve the problem of having two guys named Roy Harper, give the clone his own identity, and bring another Arrow family character onto the show.
    Since Connor Hawke was....black and Asian and a relatively rare non-white superhero, Christ I'd really hope they don't go that route.

I'd think it'd be solved by the real Roy being a villain.

Geodude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From Wikipedia:

[top]Ethnicity

Connor is of mixed Asian, African, and European heritage (his mother was half Black and half Korean, and his father Ollie is white), and was originally depicted with Asiatic features, dark skin, and fair hair and eyes. However, this has not been consistently maintained across different artists and colorists, and when theGreen Arrow series was rebooted the character was depicted with European features and light skin (even though a childhood picture in the later Archer's Quest storyline depicted him with dark skin). Connor's original features were later restored with Dixon's Dragon Blood miniseries. He now appears to have a mix of Asian American and African facial features.
    Ethnicity isn't even always the same as the comics in Young Justice as it is. See Artemis and Paula.

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still that'd seriously rub me the wrong way. Hopefully they don't pull that [nonsense].
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 04-24-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Mod Note: Watch the Language

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In regards to Paula and Artemis, those INCREASED diversity, but changing Connor Hawke would be decreasing diversity, and taking an interesting character out of play because on Earth-16, since GA is more mature, Hawke would probably be a reminder of more shameful times when he was a playboy.

reflection is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To what extent the clone even Roy Harper? We haven't seen him in his secret identity. If he's just Red Arrow, there won't be any confusion.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920