toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Reckoning"

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll

12 42.86%
  • ****1/2

11 39.29%

3 10.71%
  • ***1/2

1 3.57%

1 3.57%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DerekPowers is offline Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Very enjoyable episode. Loved the Red Lanterns, as usual, the priest was really cool, and I think Kilowag really shined in this ep. Plus it was neat to see a reference to the Manhunters. It'd be cool if they show up down the line.

But I did think it was strange that Razor was able to beat Atrocitus so easily. Plus, why did he just leave him? If he wasn't going to kill him, shouldn't he at least have taken his ring and then took him prisoner? Seemed a little off. Anyone else feel that way?

But overall great episode. I love the look of this show and the animation. And Hal is such a likable lead, its just a joy to watch every week .
    I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us, that they speak to us, as part of something greater than us, greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to it speak, it can give us the power to save ourselves.

--Fox Mulder

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekPowers View Post
    But I did think it was strange that Razor was able to beat Atrocitus so easily. Plus, why did he just leave him? If he wasn't going to kill him, shouldn't he at least have taken his ring and then took him prisoner? Seemed a little off. Anyone else feel that way?
    I don't. Razer felt intense rage after Atrocitus admitted to killing his wife Ilana. When the Red Lantern is covered with rage (looks like they're on fire), they're at their most powerful. He left Atrocitus alive because he's not a villain or a killer anymore. Razer took his power battery. In anycase, even if Razer took his ring, Atrocitus would just get another ring or battery. Razer was more concerned about Aya than taking a prisoner. Based on how this version of Atrocitus works, taking him prisoner would be more trouble than its worth. Basically, he's got a knack for escaping imprisonment.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: August 25, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    This is sadly something some people don't realize. There are some people that call CG lazy who don't realize the work, the time and money a good CG show needs. It it's really not much lazier or even easier then a traditional hand drawn show.
    Well, if its like any other programming, the initial work is a sunk cost, and once you have the designs done, you can speed everything else by an order of magnitude. I'd love to see the ROI figures in traditional VS CG animation.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best episode so far. The return of the Red Lanterns, Razer making a decision, backstory on Atrocitus and the Guardians (and even the mention of the Five Inversions!), Aya getting seriously messed up, the idea that to be an effective ringslinger you have to be willing to die, Hal gathering intel, and some REALLY cool ring battles with the promise of a full-scale invasion!

It's stuff like the greens versus the reds in this episode that make me happy we have a Green Lantern cartoon. I do agree with the rest of you that it would've been incredibly easy for Razer to kill Atrocitus then and there and then fly off, but he was conflicted. Atrocitus was pushing him because, when you get right down to it, the more rage Razer feels, the more he is susceptible to the power of the Red Lanterns. Atrocitus can bring him back. But, luckily, Razer didn't give into his rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    Still I hope we see Dex-Star later. I love that guy.
    Me too, as he's quite frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by FightingDreamer View Post
    -Calling it now: Razer's going to abandon the ring at some point and become a Green Lantern. Yeah, others have done that, but I really think it's going to be a great evolution for the character.
    I think he's going to try and actually be declared unfit to be a Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    This show has started strong and just seems to want to continue being that way I`ve never been a big fan of the making the lantern corps into cosmic skittles in the comics but it seems to be working well here.
    Yeah, I can't wait until we're all forced to taste the rainbow!
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I don't. Razer felt intense rage after Atrocitus admitted to killing his wife Ilana. When the Red Lantern is covered with rage (looks like they're on fire), they're at their most powerful. He left Atrocitus alive because he's not a villain or a killer anymore. Razer took his power battery. In anycase, even if Razer took his ring, Atrocitus would just get another ring or battery. Razer was more concerned about Aya than taking a prisoner. Based on how this version of Atrocitus works, taking him prisoner would be more trouble than its worth. Basically, he's got a knack for escaping imprisonment.
    If that's the case, then I concur w/ the others who pointed out that it didn't make sense for Atrocitus to tell him he killed his wife at that moment, since he'd get stronger. But I don't think it's been made completely clear that rage makes Red Lanterns stronger. I know it's been said they are fueled by rage, but the idea of them being able to "power-up" when they get angry, wasn't really laid out clearly (or was it??). So Razor beating the big baddy so easily seemed slightly anti-climactic.

Anyway, I know Razor is changing his ways, and I'm never an advocate of heros killing and all that, but it did seem strange for him to just leave Atrocitus. He could have ended the whole Red Lantern threat right then and there, either by killing him or capturing him, and he just left him. I don't know, it felt odd to me. As far as saving Aya, well, I'm sure with his ring he could easily have carried both of them to the ship, with minimal problems, especially if he "de-ringed" Atrocitus first, which he had ample opportunity to.

That was my main problem with this episode. It just didn't seem to make much sense, but otherwise it was a very good episode.
    I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us, that they speak to us, as part of something greater than us, greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to it speak, it can give us the power to save ourselves.

--Fox Mulder

Eivion is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked everything in this episode except for Atrocitus being behind the destruction of Razor's people and his wife.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekPowers View Post
    If that's the case, then I concur w/ the others who pointed out that it didn't make sense for Atrocitus to tell him he killed his wife at that moment, since he'd get stronger.
    I doubt Atrocitus thought Razer had mastery over the Red Power Ring and could do that. He likely told that to Razer as a taunt before he killed Razer. If you're the leader of a Corps, you don't expect a young upstart to be tougher than you;

But I don't think it's been made completely clear that rage makes Red Lanterns stronger. I know it's been said they are fueled by rage, but the idea of them being able to "power-up" when they get angry, wasn't really laid out clearly (or was it??). So Razor beating the big baddy so easily seemed slightly anti-climactic.
    "Stronger" was a poor choice of words. It seems like those Red Lanterns who have a higher level of skill in wielding their rings can emit the energy in a more concentrated form as illustrated when Zox, Skallox, and Razer "vomited" the energy blast. It is noteworthy that the Red Power Ring is only different from a Green Power Ring so far in that rage can power a Red ring for a little while even when it's near depleted and needs to be recharged.

Anyway, I know Razor is changing his ways, and I'm never an advocate of heros killing and all that, but it did seem strange for him to just leave Atrocitus.
    I have doubts that cell on the Interceptor could hold a de-ringed Atrocitus. He does have associations with magic in the comics as well.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: August 25, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I have doubts that cell on the Interceptor could hold a de-ringed Atrocitus. He does have associations with magic in the comics as well.
    Not only can he perform dark magic rituals, but he's also a demon, making him crazy strong and tough. In the comics story Secret Origin, he held his own against two Green Lanterns without his ring. One of those Green Lanterns was Sinestro, considered to be the most skilled at the time, and the other was Hal Jordan, who was just a rookie but still very talented.

So yeah, Atrocitus was no slouch, even before he became a Red Lantern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert McSantos View Post
    Not only can he perform dark magic rituals, but he's also a demon, making him crazy strong and tough. In the comics story Secret Origin, he held his own against two Green Lanterns without his ring. One of those Green Lanterns was Sinestro, considered to be the most skilled at the time, and the other was Hal Jordan, who was just a rookie but still very talented.

So yeah, Atrocitus was no slouch, even before he became a Red Lantern.
    And yet Razor beat him so easily.

Plus, as we well know, comics versions and animated ones are not the same.

I think that it's logical to think 3 Green Lanterns and 1 Red Lantern could subdue him without his ring. Couldn't Aya create some kind of cage or force field to contain him using the same ring/lantern power that powers the ship?
    Last edited by DerekPowers; 04-17-2012 at 02:48 PM.

--Fox Mulder

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Can Aya even make constructs besides herself? She's yet to really showcase any usefulness in a fight...yet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast