toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Reckoning"

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll

12 42.86%
  • ****1/2

11 39.29%

3 10.71%
  • ***1/2

1 3.57%

1 3.57%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekPowers View Post
    And yet Razor beat him so easily.
    Razer didn't beat him - he just got him against the ropes. In that moment he probably had enough of a surprise advantage to take him out for good, but if Atrocitus recovered during capture (and I have no doubt he would have), even if he was de-ringed, Razer (and Aya for that matter, nevermind Hal and Kilowog) was SCREWED.

Now, why didn't he take advantage of that moment to kill him? Time concerns, prodding from Aya, a touch of Green Lantern mercy... who knows. I could see taking his ring and skedaddling, but I suppose that just didn't cross his mind at the time. High pressure and all that.

| 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Director Sam Liu weighed in on the Razer-Atrocitus fight

Originally there were scenes of Bleez, Skallox, Veon, and groups of red soldiers intercut, closing in on Razer and actually arriving at the end, just as Razer flies off with Aya. Unfortunately those scenes got cut due to time. One of the most challenging things about the whole process is trying to tell a story within 22 minutes.
    That makes more sense that a giant horde of Red's were closing in and Razer was forced to flee with Aya.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 16, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Neo Yi is online now The Great "Lord" Starscream
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And to think I was indifferent about this show at first! Green Lantern is growing on me and as each episode airs, it keeps getting better. I've never followed Green Lantern in the comics, so a lot of the elements and story twists - like Mogo's reveal - are new to me. It's equally exciting to research and discover where they specifically came from after watching an episode.

"Reckoning" doesn't have the tension of "Into the Abyss" and I think "Razer's Edge" was a better emotional piece for Razer's character, but I love how this particular episode continued from Episode 3 and drops that bombshell on him. Poor guy; he worked for the one Corp who was directly responsible for his girl's death.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    "Dawn's breaking on Cybertron." I review Windblade #1. Spoiler-free!

The Dark Lord is offline 54985870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Yi View Post
    And to think I was indifferent about this show at first! Green Lantern is growing on me and as each episode airs, it keeps getting better. I've never followed Green Lantern in the comics, so a lot of the elements and story twists - like Mogo's reveal - are new to me. It's equally exciting to research and discover where they specifically came from after watching an episode.
    Heh, I only knew Mogo from Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, and even then I didn't think we were gonna see him on the show (at least not this early).

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:
    With Star Saphire turning up in a few episodes and it been Carol Ferris does this mean Hal and Kilowog are gonna return to Earth?

Mod Note: Please Remember to put spoilers about upcoming episodes in spoiler tags when posting in a Talkback thread.
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Neo Yi

I agree. But it's much easier to research now than say 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywoodhogan View Post
    Spoiler:
    With Star Saphire turning up in a few episodes and it been Carol Ferris does this mean Hal and Kilowog are gonna return to Earth?
    Spoiler:
    One doesn't mean the other. But they will return to Earth eventually.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 16, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3