toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Atrocious directing and animation aside, that was actually a nice dip back into nostalgia. I hope we get to see some of those other robots in closer detail.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought that was the full version of the short.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An absolutely fantastic short.

It was more exciting than Batman: Strange Days, but they were both fitting tributes for Batman's 75th. The only negative thing is that it makes me want more... and I know we won't get it.
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Strange Days was a couple of minutes longer than the Batman Beyond short, so maybe the Yahoo clip isn't the full version? If it is, then why is it shorter than Strange Days?

Spoiler:
    I guessed that H.A.R.D.A.C. was the culprit behind the robot Batman, and it's good to see that other posters share my suspicions.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    Strange Days was a couple of minutes longer than the Batman Beyond short, so maybe the Yahoo clip isn't the full version? If it is, then why is it shorter than Strange Days?

Spoiler:
    I guessed that H.A.R.D.A.C. was the culprit behind the robot Batman, and it's good to see that other posters share my suspicions.
    Well... it does say THE END, so perhaps Timm blew some of the budget on Strange Days and 1:16 was all the time Cooke was allotted?
    Michelle Pfeiffer:

I'll miss you dad xx

Ed Liu is offline Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That was pretty cool. The references at the end were priceless. I don't think it's a cliffhanger ending -- it'd be nice if they built out an entire new episode (or a DTV movie) from the basic pitch, though the surprise of a movie is gone now that we've seen the short and just about everyone's figured out who the Bad Guy is.

Spoiler:
    Though I can't quite remember -- did Brainiac ever show up in Batman Beyond? If not, maybe the truth is that it's a super-robot-villain team-up? Though I don't think HARDAC would be much of a match for Brainiac, and trying to merge their names doesn't lead to much good. BrainiHARDac? HARDibrain? BrHARDAC?

Also not sure that these shorts had a standard set length. I don't think I'd read anything into the fact that Strange Days was slightly longer than the Batman Beyond short.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't understand why people are talking about cliffhangers
    Spoiler:
    or where the robots came from or Hardac or Brainiac.

This was just a, "for fun" short showcasing Batman Beyond fighting various forms of Batman for the 75th anniversary. There's no story behind this, not everything has some hidden meaning. It's a celebration and tribute.

-batmat- is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked it, but in my opinion it tried to cram too much in very little time, for me it was confusing, too fast paced.... in a simple word, rushed. What was going on was great, but it would have done better with a 2 o 3 minute running time. Was amazing to hear Will and Kevin again.
    -What the hell are you?!
    - I'm the batmat

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well for some reason, they had the time they had. Complaining about the run time is silly. Sure we'd love to see the same concept in 2 or 3 minutes, a TV episode, a DTV, or a new Batman Beyond series. But for some reason, they had the time they had, so don't complain about it. Just appreciate it.

-batmat- is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Well for some reason, they had the time they had. Complaining about the run time is silly. Sure we'd love to see the same concept in 2 or 3 minutes, a TV episode, a DTV, or a new Batman Beyond series. But for some reason, they had the time they had, so don't complain about it. Just appreciate it.
    For me, it's not complaining about the run time itself. I complain that they tried to do too much in the run time they had. It should have been used better. But I loved it anyway!
    -What the hell are you?!
    - I'm the batmat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting, when asked if DC Nation shorts are still in active production or if CN is airing what's left, producer Ben Jones replied with this
    I don't know if I'm allowed to answer that, but I can say that I'm working at Nickelodeon now.
    Considering how long CN sits on some of these finished shorts, it's hard to tell. But if they are still in active production, I'm a little more suspicious Bruce Timm might have taken over as producer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    though the surprise of a movie is gone now that we've seen the short and just about everyone's figured out who the Bad Guy is.

Spoiler:
    Though I can't quite remember -- did Brainiac ever show up in Batman Beyond? If not, maybe the truth is that it's a super-robot-villain team-up? Though I don't think HARDAC would be much of a match for Brainiac, and trying to merge their names doesn't lead to much good. BrainiHARDac? HARDibrain? BrHARDAC?
    No, he never appeared on Batman Beyond. It's been suggested he never reactivated until the 31st Century.

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
    Well... it does say THE END, so perhaps Timm blew some of the budget on Strange Days and 1:16 was all the time Cooke was allotted?
    I think I missed that the first couple of times I watched the short (or didn't take it in), probably because of how quickly 'The End' went by. Just checked again and caught it this time.

A pity the short isn't longer, but it's still a fun little reminder of how great Batman Beyond was.
    Spoiler:
    Aside from H.A.R.D.A.C. and Brainiac, isn't the villain from "Lost Soul" a contender for the mastermind behind these Bat-robots? Although he did perish, I think. That was a dark episode.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Interesting, when asked if DC Nation shorts are still in active production or if CN is airing what's left, producer Ben Jones replied with this
    Considering how long CN sits on some of these finished shorts, it's hard to tell. But if they are still in active production, I'm a little more suspicious Bruce Timm might have taken over as producer.
    I really doubt that Bruce Timm would step down from one supervisory role, simply to move into another. He's definitely working on something entirely different now... they just threw the Batman 75 shorts under the DC Nation umbrella.

It does indeed sound as if CN is just working through whats left of the shorts before phasing the DC Nation brand out completely. I mean, lets face it, Batman Beyond will be the last short that will get any kind of promotion.
    Michelle Pfeiffer:

I'll miss you dad xx

Eric Yeung is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Volpe said on twitter that Timm was working on something cool and he'll be back. wonder what it'll be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Batman Beyond short

My impression is that these are H.A.R.D.A.C. 'bots. I always wondered if we could have had another such story.
    "One can only adore the internet and the opportunity it has proffered to that unignorable segment of the vox populi that
    has the acumen of a breath mint but until the web, was blissfully denied a global voice."
    - Harlan Ellison, July 23, 2013

Magmaster12 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, he never appeared on Batman Beyond. It's been suggested he never reactivated until the 31st Century.
    In the ongoing Batman Beyond Comic they just rapped up a storyline where they revealed he was hiding in remission waiting for technology to improve so the planet will be easier to take over.

And then this happens
    http://www.comicbooked.com/wp-conten...3/Brainiac.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
    I really doubt that Bruce Timm would step down from one supervisory role, simply to move into another. He's definitely working on something entirely different now... they just threw the Batman 75 shorts under the DC Nation umbrella.

It does indeed sound as if CN is just working through whats left of the shorts before phasing the DC Nation brand out completely. I mean, lets face it, Batman Beyond will be the last short that will get any kind of promotion.
    It could have been a temporary position to oversee the last of the new shorts, including the Superman 75 and Batman 75 shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    In the ongoing Batman Beyond Comic they just rapped up a storyline where they revealed he was hiding in remission waiting for technology to improve so the planet will be easier to take over.
    Yeah, I heard of that. I didn't mention it, because I don't count the comic as part of his animated canon.

John Takis is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    Wow! While Strange Days was quite good, this looks a lot better. I love how they've stayed true to the art style and music of the series! Did they get Kristopher Carter to do the score (or one of the other Dynamic Music Partners)?
    Yep, Dynamic Music Partners DID score the new BATMAN BEYOND short. What's more, the guitar solos are by Gabriel Moses, who performed on the original main theme! Goosebump-inducing stuff.

Batman's 75th Anniv. "Batman Beyond" Short - Dynamic Music Partners

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really, really, liked the short. It was great to hear Will Friedle and Kevin Conroy back as both Terry and old Bruce .

The action was decent, and the reveal at the end was also pretty awesome .

All in all, I honestly found the Batman Beyond short to be a much better celebration of Batman's 75th anniversary than "Strange Days," though I enjoyed both.
    Last edited by Frontier; Yesterday at 01:25 AM.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It really makes you feel like they could honestly do more Batman Beyond episodes. I don't get that vibe from many homages to long cancelled cartoons but Friedle and Conroy are even better actors now than they were and they can certainly find the writers and animators to at least make a DTV.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast